• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1973 Tucker Sno Cat 1443 New to Me

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Road trip! Youth sled is over width don’t tell on me….

IMG_2695.jpeg

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Great weekend with the Tucker. Met up with new cat friend. Cleared some trails and broke some trails.

Was able to get up to top of Tbar on the mountain hasn’t had a cat up since 1982! The ladies were a great crew of pioneers!

Thiokol couldn’t make it up. Something to be said for keeping power to the tracks for best steep and deep capabilities.

Battery cable upgrade in progress to improve cold start.

MT Washington can be seen last pic. Miles of smiles :)

IMG_2704.jpeg
IMG_2706.jpeg
IMG_2708.jpeg
IMG_2709.jpeg
IMG_2714.jpeg
IMG_2711.jpeg
IMG_2716.jpeg
IMG_2712.jpeg
IMG_2715.jpeg
IMG_2721.jpeg
IMG_2723.jpeg
IMG_2724.jpeg
IMG_2725.jpeg
IMG_2727.jpeg
IMG_2729.jpeg
IMG_2730.jpeg
IMG_2731.jpeg
IMG_2738.jpeg

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Cat getting hauled around a bit more the days and I’m trying to make the tie down process more efficient.

BFT project had a good solution using the spring mounts. Figured someone solved this already. Found these mounts on summit racing. Great solution.

Will pair with some new heavy ratchet straps that have a chain attachment point on the binder side and a hook on the strap side. Trim them to fit the cat on the trailer should make loading quick and easy!

IMG_2758.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2759.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2760.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2761.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2762.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2763.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 27

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Adding some safety lights to the roof rack. Found two nice light bars that do white spot/flood, amber spot/flood, white flash, amber flash just by cycling the switch.

Removed the roof rack spoiler. Like the looks better without. Light bars will tuck right in.

Tucker has a spare oem switch just for this purpose. 6 amps each should be easy wire.

Attachments

• IMG_2765.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2766.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 32

YamaDooPolCat

SUPER Site Supporter
Nice. Just tied down my Tucker and will have to see if this works with the blade on.
I was thinking of welding on a hook to the blade frame.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That's a great alternative / solution and adds better triangulation than my current soft strap layout.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry for the photo issue. New IPhone 15Pro camera too much to load. Screen shots for now until I figure it out.

The new 2awg cables and ground location is wow. Starter turns so much faster and starts quicker.

Little cable clean up and shortening to finish.

IMG_2777.jpeg
IMG_2776.png

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Valve cover installed with new gasket. The brake cleaner degreasing took some paint off and my nice Chrysler industrial sticker. Will have to paint one maybe probably not.

Both breather hoses off the valve cover need replacement. Getting dry rotted.

Fired it up brought to temp and ran some rpm’s no leaks. Starts much better and valve train is quieter.

Started mocking up the roof rack lights. Loving these. Bright spot and bright flash. Good for trail safety and night light.

Thinking road trip this weekend for a test!

IMG_2807.png
IMG_2808.png
IMG_2809.png

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
IMG_2823.png
IMG_2824.png
IMG_2825.png
IMG_2826.png
IMG_2827.png
Lights installed. Was able to utilize the factor spare switch. Great solution.

Fairly clean install. Hate drilling holes but had to do it.

Little final wiring and done!

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
IMG_2835.jpeg
IMG_2837.jpeg
IMG_2836.jpeg
IMG_2834.jpeg
Tied the light into the spare switch OE Tucker had waiting for me.

Battery cables shortened and cleaned up.

Finally tackling this horrible exhaust mount I never liked.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
IMG_2844.jpeg
IMG_2842.jpeg
IMG_2843.jpeg

New breather hoses check.

Muffler mount check.

Tried the new light setup in the dark outside tonight. Can’t miss me!

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
For the love of orange.

I have been chasing this low oil pressure problem since I did the oil pan and pump gaskets. Made no sense. Run it for few miles at idle low oil light comes on. Little rpm goes away. It was running lower oil pressure than normal as well.

Shut machine off cut a tree come back oil pressure good. I switched from Napa gold to fram for the orange. Dad always used them as a kid sold everywhere what could be the issue.

Looked back at my thread and said this is the only change. Lots of internet rabbit holes but eventually I found people with a similar issue switching to fram.

Got the cat hot tonight and oil pressured at idle was low. Put the Napa gold back on while hot got hot again problem solved.

Here’s the cut away. What a cheap setup. Cardboard cartridge is deformed. Napa/wix uses metal. Drain back flap deformed as well.

Ghetto leaf spring bypass valve with plastic vs metal spring. Same on me.

My guess is a good flow of oil in the cold deforms these. Fram has a pdf on how to determine if your filter collapses?

Pressure gauge is on the filter return after filtering so my guess false low read.

They out the WTF in Fram. Shame on me!

Problem solved!

Last edited:

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
IMG_2920.jpeg
IMG_2921.jpeg
IMG_2922.jpeg
IMG_2923.jpeg
IMG_2924.jpeg
IMG_2919.jpeg
For the love of orange.

I have been chasing this low oil pressure problem since I did the oil pan and pump gaskets. Made no sense. Run it for few miles at idle low oil light comes on. Little rpm goes away. It was running lower oil pressure than normal as well.

Shut machine off cut a tree come back oil pressure good. I switched from Napa gold to fram for the orange. Dad always used them as a kid sold everywhere what could be the issue.

Looked back at my thread and said this is the only change. Lots of internet rabbit holes but eventually if found people with a similar issue switching to fram.

Got the car hot tonight and oil pressured at idle was low. Put the Napa gold back in problem solved.

Here’s the cut away. What a cheap setup. Cardboard cartridge is deformed. Napa/wix uses metal. Drain back flap deformed as well.

Ghetto leaf spring bypass valve with plastic vs metal spring. Same on me.

My guess is a good flow of oil in the cold deforms these. Fram has a pdf on how to determine if your filter collapses?