• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

You might be a Republican if

mak2

• You think Big Oil has our best interests in mind
• You think Health Care in the US is something everyone can afford
• You think Fox News -- is either fair, or balanced
• You think Corporate Raider Mitt Romney, actually cares about "creating jobs"
• You think that Jesus supports lying if used to defeat liberals
• You worship the idea of Jesus but reject all his teachings, like helping the poor, healing the sick and feeding the hungry
• You believe Ronald Reagan balanced the budget
• You believe the Iraq war was morally justifiable
• The only solar company you can name is Solyndra
• You're chaste on Sunday but doing the chasing the rest of the week
• You're secretly gay while supporting anti-gay legislature in Congress
• You think protecting Freedom and Liberty, means surrendering Freedom and Liberty ...
• You think the uterus, is the only thing worthy of Federal Inspections
• You think the government is out of place defending woman from rape but the government shoving a probe into a woman’s vagina against her will is OK
• You think that the quarter-billionaire graduate of Harvard law and business school is the regular guy and the modest, community-minded graduate of Harvard law school is the elitist snob
• You think jobs programs are wrong but vulture capitalists firing an entire workforce to give a few rich people millions is OK
• You support Super PACs having the right to freedom of speech, but want ordinary citizens to shut up
• You think any war is good since it puts money in your campaign contributor’s pockets
• You think birth control is an aspirin held tightly between Your knees
• You believe Mitt Romney saved the American auto industry
• You believe that Jesus was first and foremost a capitalist
• You think that all of the unemployed in this recession are just being lazy
• You think the government shouldn’t pay for food stamps to hungry citizens but should offer billions to oil companies
• You think that the government shouldn’t pay government employees to do government work but should pay contractors whose CEO’s get millions of dollars to hire employees to do government work
• You think George Bush and waterboarding got Osama bin Ladin
• You think Barack Obama is the result of a selective breeding program done by an alliance of far-thinking communists and Islamic fundamentalists back in 1961 to destroy America by getting us to elect a mixed-race kid with a funny name to president
• You think children should pay for their own health insurance by working as janitors
• You support the troops is by putting yellow ribbons on your car but won’t hire a veteran to work in your company
• You think the purpose of government is to make you rich while making everyone else poor
• You are going to prove that there is rampant voter fraud by committing voter fraud, but you get caught because you are the only one committing voter fraud
• You believe that W inherited a lousy economy from Bill Clinton and Obama's economy is all his fault
• You think the reason Republicans lose elections is because they aren't conservative ENOUGH
• You think Ronald Reagan would be elected as a Republican today

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/05/23/1094136/-You-Might-Be-a-Republican-Tool-if

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow, thanks for that insight into the uber-liberal mind. Its pretty scary what is inside the grey matter that occupies the central mass of their heads. When ideas are twisted into what is posted above, and probably believed by the folks who twisted it, it really is enlightening.

Dr. Zaugg

It truely makes one's heart ache to think that there is a group of Americans that believe that we(conservative Americans) think like this post. It indicates severely twisted thinking to believe that anyone else's opinions could be this rediculous.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would guess that he dug that up after seeing this posted. :wink:

http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=59192

The difference is that Liberals actually do believe the stuff in that thread, while Republicans don't think the stuff in this thread.

FOR EXAMPLE, starting at the top, I don't know anyone who thinks BIG OIL has the best interests of Americans as part of their business plan, but I do think that many of us believe that BIG OIL should drill IN AMERICA so that we can achieve a much greater level of oil independence and lower the prices of oil.

Regarding HEALTH CARE, again, I don't know anyone who is a conservative who thinks 1) Health Care is a "right", 2) thinks it is affordable for all, or 3) believes we should treat doctors as indentured servants who are forced to provide services at fixed fees.

As for FOX being "fair and balanced" well I don't know anyone who believes that either. What I observe is that most conservatives believe that FOX has the 'hottest' broadcast babes on TV as well as being FAR MORE fair and balanced than any other network. So while they may not be totally fair/balanced, they are the most fair/balanced and they are the easiest on the eyes too.

Regarding "corporate raider Mitt Romney" and him caring about creating jobs. NOPE, again I don't know anyone who thinks that. I think most think he is looking to create wealth, and in the consequence of making money he is also creating jobs and building the economy. That is the way capitalism works.

That is the FIRST 4 items on the list above . . . I could go on.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The difference is that Liberals actually do believe the stuff in that thread, while Republicans don't think the stuff in this thread.

Regarding HEALTH CARE, again, I don't know anyone who is a conservative who thinks 1) Health Care is a "right", 2) thinks it is affordable for all, or 3) believes we should treat doctors as indentured servants who are forced to provide services at fixed fees.

Health care as a "right" is very problematic. Aside from the scale if simply implementing that positive right, it is one of many FDR and Woodrow Wilson Positive rights which no government can afford to give it's people unless it owns everything.

But that argument aside, there are several; postive rights oof which we could speak and see how they compare to Health care. Whatif everyone was required to be on Food stamps? Then everyone would have the gaurrentttee of food on the table.What if the government. At least so long as it met the dietary requirements establisheb by the overnment.

How abourt housing. A positive right under FDR. Well everyonecould havea house. Solong as it was provided by te govrnemnt. Can you say Housing project slums? Ghetto Slums. Or would we all get nice homes like the Kennedys, John Kerry and the Obama's?

Would we own them? Ifnot, who would take care of them? Not the residents? That's how good buildings become run down slums. Property owners tend to keep their places up

No health care for all sounds noble. But if we go the route of positive rights, we must give up property rights. Atthe very least wemust give up possesion pride and subsequent rights.

In what nations does this system work today? Are we to become like them? Is that the Hope of the liberal progressives? By what right do they presume to Change our nation from what it was?

From what Americans created over 230 years
From what many defended for over 230 years.
From what many would like to hand our children hopefully for another230 years.
Just like the one to heall,,,the road to serfdom is paved with so many good intentions.

Free health care for all is a noble ideal. But it is a lie, a myth, a preposterous scam. Nothing is free.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The "right" to free health care also presumes that the doctors have no rights to their own labor. A plumber is not required to fix your pipes. A roofer is not required to fix your roof. But all of a sudden a doctor is now compelled to provide you a service. Does that not imply that he has lost his rights?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The "right" to free health care also presumes that the doctors have no rights to their own labor. A plumber is not required to fix your pipes. A roofer is not required to fix your roof. But all of a sudden a doctor is now compelled to provide you a service. Does that not imply that he has lost his rights?

Yes it does.

You are spot on Melensdad:thumb:

The problem with "positive rights" is, to be implemented, they must impose on the negative rights of others.:hammer:

mak2

Wow, thanks for that insight into the uber-liberal mind. Its pretty scary what is inside the grey matter that occupies the central mass of their heads. When ideas are twisted into what is posted above, and probably believed by the folks who twisted it, it really is enlightening.

Uber liberal? I dare say it is not as far left as you are right. I think you guys are still trying to say the POTUS aint an American and dont have a birth certificate. Scary, yea, that is.

It truely makes one's heart ache to think that there is a group of Americans that believe that we(conservative Americans) think like this post. It indicates severely twisted thinking to believe that anyone else's opinions could be this rediculous.

Not nearly as sad as the other POV, spend some time reading this forum.

I would guess that he dug that up after seeing this posted. :wink:

http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=59192

No, I had seen this before, I was just waiting for yet another "they are stupid. we are smart." sort of thread.

FOR EXAMPLE, starting at the top, I don't know anyone who thinks BIG OIL has the best interests of Americans as part of their business plan, but I do think that many of us believe that BIG OIL should drill IN AMERICA so that we can achieve a much greater level of oil independence and lower the prices of oil.

As for FOX being "fair and balanced" well I don't know anyone who believes that either. What I observe is that most conservatives believe that FOX has the 'hottest' broadcast babes on TV as well as being FAR MORE fair and balanced than any other network. So while they may not be totally fair/balanced, they are the most fair/balanced and they are the easiest on the eyes too.

Regarding "corporate raider Mitt Romney" and him caring about creating jobs. NOPE, again I don't know anyone who thinks that. I think most think he is looking to create wealth, and in the consequence of making money he is also creating jobs and building the economy. That is the way capitalism works.

That is the FIRST 4 items on the list above . . . I could go on.

How bout you are paying for them anyway, it does not seem to bother you as long as somebody as profited, but you cant handle it if everyone has to contribute. Yet not long ago you hated the "free" thing. Funny how I have not heard the word free since the mandantory payment thing. Talk about Kool-Aid.

Health care as a "right" is very problematic. Aside from the scale if simply implementing that positive right, it is one of many FDR and Woodrow Wilson Positive rights which no government can afford to give it's people unless it owns everything.

But that argument aside, there are several; postive rights oof which we could speak and see how they compare to Health care. Whatif everyone was required to be on Food stamps? Then everyone would have the gaurrentttee of food on the table.What if the government. At least so long as it met the dietary requirements establisheb by the overnment.

How abourt housing. A positive right under FDR. Well everyonecould havea house. Solong as it was provided by te govrnemnt. Can you say Housing project slums? Ghetto Slums. Or would we all get nice homes like the Kennedys, John Kerry and the Obama's?

Would we own them? Ifnot, who would take care of them? Not the residents? That's how good buildings become run down slums. Property owners tend to keep their places up

No health care for all sounds noble. But if we go the route of positive rights, we must give up property rights. Atthe very least wemust give up possesion pride and subsequent rights.

In what nations does this system work today? Are we to become like them? Is that the Hope of the liberal progressives? By what right do they presume to Change our nation from what it was?

From what Americans created over 230 years
From what many defended for over 230 years.
From what many would like to hand our children hopefully for another230 years.
Just like the one to heall,,,the road to serfdom is paved with so many good intentions.

Free health care for all is a noble ideal. But it is a lie, a myth, a preposterous scam. Nothing is free.

If you want to argue the point you would push granny out to the street fine, this is a discussable point, if not, we all pay for it anyway.

Saying fox is fair and balanced is..:yum:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I love the way liberals always start stuff like this by immediatley bashing evil big oil. Terrible, terrible big oil. The cause of all that is wrong in America. Yet, there is never a shortage in supply, the pumps in many cases are there 24/7 to pump whatever gas the people want. Don't like the high profits? Buy their stock. God bless Big Oil. Capitalism at it's finest.

The rest is where it belongs. The joke forum. Sorry Mak, I know you are a victim. You just cut & pasted.:biggrin:

Last edited:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Uber liberal? I dare say it is not as far left as you are right. I think you guys are still trying to say the POTUS aint an American and dont have a birth certificate. Scary, yea, that is.
DailyKos is considered left of left by the left. Me, I admit to being mostly a libertarian. Have been for years. That means I may be socially liberal on many points, economically very conservative. Its pretty obvious. Oh, and I've never said that Obama is not American. But I do love how you mischaracterize and disparage me through association.

Dr. Zaugg

I have been considering all this talk all afternoon. The real problem here is not who is correct or not but how we are looking at it. Here we ALL stand with our BACKS turned to each other shouting and thinking "I am not the one who is wrong here". We should be gracefully facing each other and asking what has happened to each of us that we cannot disagree with tact and a genuine sense that we want to work through these issues together to the end that is best for all of us as AMERICANS? We are in this dang boat together. rowing against each other just keeps us going in a circle.
I am sure that you all know that this is what keeps Congress and everything else "dead in the water". Ideology is one thing but if we cannot get along and move past our differences we all will be saluting
Imanutjob or huejintwo.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter

I don't know where you come from , but in most states . A plumber or Roofer or any other Contractor hired MUST warranty their work . Why not a doctor ??

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
You all are getting a little touchy aren't you? The man put this in the jokes forum and it's no different than the "you might be a liberal if..." jokes that we post. (Yes, I know we're right and he's wrong, but forget that for the time being)

It's a joke guy's, quit trying to deliberate each and every single line.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know where you come from , but in most states . A plumber or Roofer or any other Contractor hired MUST warranty their work . Why not a doctor ??

Allen, that is a whole different discussion.

If health care is a "right" then a doctor MUST treat you because its your right to be treated. That means the doctor has lost his right to say no. It will likely also lead to doctors being forced to practice specific types of medicine or to be prevented from practicing some types.

A plumber may refuse to come and service your home if he chooses. He has the right to tell you to call someone else.

The question is NOT about the quality of the service, it is about whether the provider is FORCED to provide it at all. Once we claim a 'right' then someone else looses a freedom. If you proclaim that you have a 'right' to treatment, then a doctor is now forced to provide the service.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Allen, that is a whole different discussion.

If health care is a "right" then a doctor MUST treat you because its your right to be treated. That means the doctor has lost his right to say no. It will likely also lead to doctors being forced to practice specific types of medicine or to be prevented from practicing some types.

A plumber may refuse to come and service your home if he chooses. He has the right to tell you to call someone else.

The question is NOT about the quality of the service, it is about whether the provider is FORCED to provide it at all. Once we claim a 'right' then someone else looses a freedom. If you proclaim that you have a 'right' to treatment, then a doctor is now forced to provide the service.

Hey!!! Get off my back ! I only have had 6 DR. Rums .
Whats a roofer doin practicing Medical stuff anyway ???:doh:
That sounds like a lawsuit , waitin to happen .

Seriously , I missed the part where a roofer or plumber has the right to turn down the job . I thought we were talking about after the work was performed . :biggrin:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
You all are getting a little touchy aren't you? The man put this in the jokes forum and it's no different than the "you might be a liberal if..." jokes that we post. (Yes, I know we're right and he's wrong, but forget that for the time being)

No Way !!!! I ready to do battle . Bring it on !!!! If I am not here , I went to refill my drink glass :smile:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter

Ahhh, a man who stands up for his convictions. I like that. Now let's go find someone else to rag on. :yum:

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'

He can only get under your skin if you let him.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

Not nearly as sad as the other POV, spend some time reading this forum.

No, I had seen this before, I was just waiting for yet another "they are stupid. we are smart." sort of thread.

How bout you are paying for them anyway, it does not seem to bother you as long as somebody as profited, but you cant handle it if everyone has to contribute. Yet not long ago you hated the "free" thing. Funny how I have not heard the word free since the mandantory payment thing. Talk about Kool-Aid.

If you want to argue the point you would push granny out to the street fine, this is a discussable point, if not, we all pay for it anyway.

Saying fox is fair and balanced is..:yum:

My Granny did just fine without Obamacare. Obamacare ain't about granny so please stop sawing that red herring bone. Unless you want to talk about the $716 billion that granny and her generation should get, but won't 'cause Obamacare stole it to make the ends meet his promise of being revenue nuetral.

And I have said nothing here about FOX. That's your thorny whicket. Which is why you insist on bringing it up. You seem to think it somehow important.

Most people who watch FOX watch many other outlets for their news. Hence their knowledge of what the commentators on other sources say

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes sir mac.....I might be a raven liberal but I think Ill be a republican dam I love being on the winning team!!!!!!

Kane

Hey!!! Get off my back ! I only have had 6 DR. Rums .
Whats a roofer doin practicing Medical stuff anyway ???:doh:
That sounds like a lawsuit , waitin to happen .

And WTF is with a doctor trying to fix a roof? That sounds like a leaky roof just waiting to happen.

mak2

Maybe they are a bit too insecure to laugh?