• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

wts thiokol 201

kehoe585

Thiokol 201 with drag for sale. sprockets are good, motor runs good, the drag is ram steer and works good. The machine does need tlc, but all the lights work and is very functional as is.Located in upstate ny Asking $5500 , open to offers..thanks

kehoe585

Heres a couple

Attachments

• 259.jpg
    259.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 829
  • 260.jpg
    260.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 823
A bit more information would be useful (for me at least).

Where are you located?
Is it for sale without the drag?
It needs some "TLC" can you expand on what it might need exactly?

Thanks very much.

kehoe585

So tlc, would be ..like a new seat, possiably a paint job, couple tires shoudd be foamed, I was going to add some more comforts to the cab..normal items I guess that make a big difference..the wiring inside could be neater, more organized I feel but overall its a good unit. the ram steer works really well and the stick steer when unhooked from the drag works fine also. the drag is approx. 100" or so wide. I hauled it on a 22 foot gooseneck trailer 102 wide and was fine. I would sell it without the drag, but most of the dollars are in the electric over hydraulic system on the machine. anything else let me know..

So tlc, would be ..like a new seat, possiably a paint job, couple tires shoudd be foamed, I was going to add some more comforts to the cab..normal items I guess that make a big difference..the wiring inside could be neater, more organized I feel but overall its a good unit. the ram steer works really well and the stick steer when unhooked from the drag works fine also. the drag is approx. 100" or so wide. I hauled it on a 22 foot gooseneck trailer 102 wide and was fine. I would sell it without the drag, but most of the dollars are in the electric over hydraulic system on the machine. anything else let me know..

I'm sort of new to the world of snowcats and looking for something like what you're selling but can you maybe explain what the electric over hydraulic system is being used for? Is it on the actual cat of the drag?

Thanks very much.

kehoe585

so the cat has a hydraulic pump, which supplys hydraliuc pressure to cylinders that actually steer the cat and drag when hooked together..so you have a small series of toggle switchs inside cab, one switch is for left right steering, one for rear drag lift, one for front drag lift. hit the toggle it activates a hydraulic valve and thus moves cylinder to create correct action requested...when the cat is unhooked you just use levers in cab to steer. follow me?

so the cat has a hydraulic pump, which supplys hydraliuc pressure to cylinders that actually steer the cat and drag when hooked together..so you have a small series of toggle switchs inside cab, one switch is for left right steering, one for rear drag lift, one for front drag lift. hit the toggle it activates a hydraulic valve and thus moves cylinder to create correct action requested...when the cat is unhooked you just use levers in cab to steer. follow me?

Yes, I think so. It's just a system to control the ram steering on the drag and the lifter, correct?

Is that something I could remove and sell to another person later on with the drag? I don't really need a drag or related systems for anything I plan to do with a cat!

Thanks.