• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTS: 1988 Bombardier SW48F w/plow Syracuse, NY

blystons

This has been my regular driveway plow (800' gravel) for ten years (Syracuse avg 120"/yr snow, plus I am the vortex center of snowdrifting apparently)). It was originally purchased new by a local community college (OCC) in 1988. You either know or can find the specs easily online and you all know more about tracked vehicles than I. It is fully functional as a tracked snowplow - used it 5 days ago. Easy to drive. Perfect for tight circles. Incredibly powerful. It is stored indoors. Carb tuned for cold weather currently. I regularly use it below zero. Ford straight 6 industrial, auto transmission, great heat. Rubber cleated tracks, solid wheels. Power angle straight blade, auxillary rear hydraulic. New hydraulic pump, pressure regulator, control valve about 5 years ago. New battery one year ago. New ignition wiring 3 years ago. I have owners and parts manuals as well as maintenance receipts and original purchase documents.

What does not work? (needs push button switch on steering lever for windshield washer[pump works to spec when direct wired]; Amber revolving light dome was sacrificed to low hanging branch in ice storm[lights and motor are there and fine, worked at that time]; rear back-up light non-working[wires broken off at light]).

Maintenance I did not get too: Braking is uneven with steering levers, right side needs more tension. Cooling fan blade chipped by a rock (NAPA has replacement ~$30). Doors rusty at bottom[my fiberglassing did not prevent more rust-shocking]. Sliding side window latches (plastic) are broken. Windows open and close fine. One door latch handle came apart. Locking hinged support for rear hood access not trustworty (I use a 2x4). You can see my touch-up paint did not match color well.

Use it to plow mountain driveways, skid logs, or put on wider tracks and go groom some trails or explore some wilderness. I would like $4000 for it.
Please email direct at blystons@upstate.edu. Do your research first. Give me a phone number. I have no means of delivery. On-forum commentary of the pricing is ok by me, I did my best to comp it, but a lot of that was auction pricing, and the occasional one I have seen for sale - it seems fair as a complete working unit with a ton of life remaining.

This is the first listing. I will give it a couple weeks, then go to Craigs/ebay, so no competition yet.

Why selling? I am getting rid of several large mechanized items, including Farmall tractors and a Terramite loader/backhoe so I can commit some barn space/time to antique vehicle restoration and purchased a JD compact tractor system to replace all of them. If you are road tripping to collect this item, I am actually in Skaneateles, NY - a premier finger lakes resort town.

Thank you

View attachment IMG_20200723_183832525 (1).jpg

superez

Agreed, great description of it!
I'm just south of Seneca Falls... and have a long driveway. I have been debating about building a tracked vehicle for some property maintance / driveway cleaning / getting up to a camp I have if needed. Sadly I'm not in the right spot to take this on right at the moment (And if is only a single person cab... ) I'm sure you won't have an issue selling (and the new projects sound exciting, good luck!)

kiamori

Thanks again Blystons, works well as a second machine, the automatic still throws me off, so used to my manual.

Now I can actually do some work on my old '78 SW48 though.