• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTB/recommendations - front irons for a low profile gas block

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looking for front irons for a low profile gas block. Recommendations welcome .... I hate to do Troy's on a 22LR upper :glare:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was just going to suggest Troy.

But if it is a 22 then its not a functioning gas block. If it is not a functioning gas block then you can use MagPul's plastic front sights.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was just going to suggest Troy.

But if it is a 22 then its not a functioning gas block. If it is not a functioning gas block then you can use MagPul's plastic front sights.

I don't think Magpuls are high enough. Pretty sure they're designed for rail mount even profile and the melting factor of a normal LP block is why.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The polymer sights are made and isolated for mounting to a handuard height same plane rail due to melting/heat issues on a AR gas block. I purchased a CMMG dedicated 22LR upper with a low profile gas block. I'd love to use MBUS but it would require a gas block riser, I'm thinking that's the way I'll go!

Attachments

• wgr3k.jpg
    wgr3k.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 134
  • YHM-230-2T.jpg
    YHM-230-2T.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 139
  • YHM-230-3T.jpg
    YHM-230-3T.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 136