• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTB - Gas Tucker 1000 series

FlyingFarmer

Hi all,

New to the forum and looking for a 2 or 4 door machine with a 318 or 360, preferably automatic. Hoping for one that needs some tlc so i don’t have to break the bank. Preferably a bogie machine, so 1542/44 or 1642/44 likely. Have done a lot of searching and not much out there right now so thought I’d check for leads here.

thanks

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
flying farmer, welcome welcome welcome

good luck with your search and hope you find exactly what you are looking for and at a price that makes you smile, good luck

Last edited:

alryA

Maybe Farmer could/should attend the cat clowder in the UP of MI this winter?? Might be helpful... No idea where you reside. Nice to have you here with us!

FlyingFarmer

I am aware of the dangers of getting into “projects” to save money. All depends on what direction you want to go with it and what resources/skills you already have on hand. Buying a “really nice” machine might get you into a runner right away, but if you end up upgrading an engine or interior or whatever having pristine OEM isn’t necessarily an advantage.
I’m in western Canada, live right on a lake and have miles and miles of open hills, fields creeks lakes to explore. We snowmobile lots but a nice light tucker seems like a great fit for ice fishing, campfire, sledding party etc in the winter. I also have a light groomer i pack my runway with in the winter so the second purpose would be to keep my runway groomed and pull plane around when i need to.
We are regularly below -20C when i might want to use it hence the gas engine. First order of business would be either TBI system or a swap out depending on engine condition of whatever I’m able to find.