• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTB Bombi tracked trailer

Mustang

Hi, I'm looking for a Bombi tracked trailer like the one pictured below. I was too late - Track Master has sold his. I'm looking for one located in the western US. Thanks!
attachment.php

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
attachment.php

here is a picture of mine, I have changed it around to a flat bed trailer .these were made to be pulled behind ranger and otter tracked vehicles ,and also work well with the smaller tracked vehicles.

Mustang

Wow! Thank you for your post Don. That's a great design/upgrade idea! If I can find one of these little tracked trailers, I'll probably do something similar. I've got Boy Scouts and gear to haul.

R

Reddog

Would something like this work with either home-made tracks or buying one track (for and ARGO or similar) that could be cut into two?

cm7500atvtrailer.jpg

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
look at the clearance of the tire when it is on the rock.
maybe smaller wheels??

R

Reddog

Probably has some sort of walking beam suspension. Limiting the travel or doing away with it all together would eliminate the problem. I think most true ATV type trailers rely in the low psi of the tires to serve as suspension. My guess is that with soft tires and tracks, there would be no real need for springs under most conditions.

Mustang

Thanks for your replies gents! Your ATV trailer idea with Argo tracks in a really good one Reddog. I have an Argo with the 18" super tracks. What I like about them is the they are solid tracks with no gap in them so you get a lot of surface area for float. With the articulating axle/wheel assembly, i'll keep clearance in mind. Thanks again.