• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

World's Heaviest Adventure Motorcycles (VIDEO) humor shows the truth

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My motorcycle is barely an Adventure Touring motorcycle, its pretty much a wimp in the category as it is not really designed for heavy off-road use, but I wonder why it weighs so much. Mine is 525# wet. Compare that to a 800-900 pound Harley Davidson or Indian and mine seems like a skinny-minnie but to my mind, with "only" 750cc engine displacement it weighs 25 to 50 pounds more than it should. Add on the luggage cases and accessories and my bike is a solid 550#. I can lift it, but my wife can't lift hers, and her's is very similar, but probably only 5# lighter. I really think the Japanese manufacturers make bikes for 5'8" males who weight about 150 pounds. Americans, and even European riders are taller and heavier.

Enjoy the video, if you ride a Harley Davidson or big BMW you probably will understand. If you don't ride, there is still some fun for you too.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
My motorcycle is barely an Adventure Touring motorcycle, its pretty much a wimp in the category as it is not really designed for heavy off-road use, but I wonder why it weighs so much. Mine is 525# wet. Compare that to a 800-900 pound Harley Davidson or Indian and mine seems like a skinny-minnie but to my mind, with "only" 750cc engine displacement it weighs 25 to 50 pounds more than it should. Add on the luggage cases and accessories and my bike is a solid 550#. I can lift it, but my wife can't lift hers, and her's is very similar, but probably only 5# lighter. I really think the Japanese manufacturers make bikes for 5'8" males who weight about 150 pounds. Americans, and even European riders are taller and heavier.

Enjoy the video, if you ride a Harley Davidson or big BMW you probably will understand. If you don't ride, there is still some fun for you too.

Hilarious commentary.

I think my most fun on a bike was a 185 SUZZI that barely had enough HP to get out of it's own way. But, I could walk it to a gas pump whenever I miscalculated the fuel economy.