• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Women might be required to register for a military draft like men are?

I1925

https://www.yahoo.com/news/women-required-register-selective-amendment-100049010.html

Don’t know about this. On the one hand there is equality and all that but at the same time, shouldn’t women be protected do their ability to give birth and not being as suited to combat as men? Would a real man really let his daughter be drafted into a war?

Josh Hawley and other conservatives are strongly against it

“I’m in favor of keeping the Selective Service, but I’m not in favor of forcing women to fight against their will,” Hawley said. “I do think there’s something about when it comes to national service ... If you’re an able-bodied young man ... you should be willing to take up arms and fight for this country.”

“Our country is extremely grateful for the brave women who have volunteered to serve our country with and alongside our fighting forces,” he said. “But volunteering for military service is not the same as being forced into it, and no women should be compelled to do so.”

“It is wrong to force our daughters, mothers, wives, and sisters to fight our wars,” Mr. Hawley said in a statement.

https://www.newspressnow.com/news/l...cle_5da35514-3ced-11ec-9eac-df7ef37a39fe.html

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/...n-registe/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

Last edited:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
There's been a lot of debate about having women on the front lines with it possibly affecting fighting men's ability to fight while naturally wanting to protect the woman. Not saying women wouldn't be good fighters but this instinct is part of men's genetics.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Interesting that the feminists haven't argued in favor of drafting women. Hey, they demand that women have equal rights, right?
If women do have to be drafted they should have positions in places other than combat zones....doctors, nurses, desk jobs, supply jobs, communications, etc.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Since there is no draft the point is rather mute. But, seems to be a good idea for both men and women to register just in case shit hits the fan and draft is fired up again. There are more support positions that are key to the combat troops so plenty of place for women to serve. If we said no women in combat that would be argued by feminists so if I were in charge I'd say no women would be put in combat roles unless they requested it. If they wanna fight up front more power to them. Why say no? it would be tough on some of the mens mindset but anything can be learned or unlearned for that type of situation. I believe it could work.

Ceee

Site Supporter
There are some very able-bodied and capable females out there. There are some very effeminate males who are not so able-bodied out there. I think men who are on the front line would choose the able-bodied female to fight beside them rather than the effeminate male who is not so able-bodied.

That's just my female perspective.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I find little issue with the concept of keeping the women behind the lines. Not because they cannot fight, but because they are, quite frankly, the fiercest of fighters. And at the same time the source of our progeny. When the men lose the battle and retreat, it will be the women who save the day,,,, every time.

Put another way, the males are expendable, the women are not. They are the sacred challises of the future. So cut the shit girls and be what you were born to. Die on the battle field if you wish. It deosn't make you a hero, it makes you irresponsible.

echo

Hope they are not too cute so I can keep my mind occupied on the business of war.
I don't know if I ever smelled a women that went six months without a bath before

fruit-basket

Hey, I'm all for it. Honestly, if we get to the point where we need a draft, we're likely gonna need all the troops we can get.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
part of me agrees that if women so badly want to be equal to men, they should take all the same risks. But that presumption is based on a false premise.
Women and men are not the same, we are not interchangeable and the two sexes are not, point to point,,,; equal.

Therefore, I stand on the concept that women should not be barred from the military, but at the same time, our nation should never force then to go to war.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like this is not gonna happen'
From Daily Wire:

After opposition led by Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO), the House and Senate Armed Services Committees have dropped a provision from the final version of the 2022 National Defense Authorization Act that would have required American women over the age of 18 to register for the military draft.
Thanks largely to Sen. Hawley, the female draft has been removed from the latest defense bill. If this had been passed, all women between the ages of 18 to 25 would have been required to register with Selective Services. Although not done in a generation, if the country called up the draft, women could have been forced into military service.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I think voting was meant to be an earned right when men fought the British for our country. Interesting that later women demanded the right to vote using equality as their talking point but didn't demand to be drafted.

And keep in mind that women have been in the military for a long time so they have proven they can serve our country.

Just like marriage being a team, women have proven they can be part of the military team. Men have their purpose in the military and so do women.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I think voting was meant to be an earned right when men fought the British for our country. Interesting that later women demanded the right to vote using equality as their talking point but didn't demand to be drafted.

And keep in mind that women have been in the military for a long time so they have proven they can serve our country.

Just like marriage being a team, women have proven they can be part of the military team. Men have their purpose in the military and so do women.
I agree wholeheartedly. Women who want to be there are useful in the military. As ECHO suggests, men are good at breaking things. Women are good and fixing them. Those skills make for a good team.

However, there is a difference between what you are saying, and the draft.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
However, there is a difference between what you are saying, and the draft.
My thoughts are that it goes along with justification for drafting women.

Let me add that men and women are assigned duties based on IQ and physical testing and sex, so sex is already a consideration.

Last edited:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
My thoughts are that it goes along with justification for drafting women.

Let me add that men and women are assigned duties based on IQ and physical testing and sex, so sex is already a consideration.

In my opinion, it is not about skills or capabilities. As I have said before, women are typically the fiercest of fighters. With the strongest of resolves. Any married man should be well aware of that. Issues of physical strength are resolved via technologies.

Again, my issue is with the draft. The draft is about not about skill levels, it is about numbers. Slightly less than half the population is male. Surely, we can get enough cannon fodder from that.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
In my opinion, it is not about skills or capabilities. As I have said before, women are typically the fiercest of fighters. With the strongest of resolves. Any married man should be well aware of that. Issues of physical strength are resolved via technologies.

Again, my issue is with the draft. The draft is about not about skill levels, it is about numbers. Slightly less than half the population is male. Surely, we can get enough cannon fodder from that.
Again, women don't have to be on the front line. A woman might have electronic, mechanical, clerical or other skills. I was in electronics in the Navy off the coast of Vietnam. A woman could do the same thing if she passed the written vetting...that's what I did. I have a lady friend who was a radio operator during Vietnam. Her skills certainly were needed.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Your defense of women in the military wears thin. Not once have I diminished the value of a woman in uniform. I have no contest with your logic. However, repeating it does not change my view on the draft.

The draft isn't about that. The draft is about numbers. Cannon fodder.
Surely we learned that lesson in 'Nam fiasco.

Women are the only half of humanity that can have, nurture and raise children. A one-to-one ratio with men is not required to repopulate. From the beginning of this thread, THAT was my argument.
Having seen no evidence or opinions to the contrary,,,,, Still is.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I never saw a one to one men to women ratio required or mentioned anywhere.

If shit hit the fan and draft is needed it would be best to have men and women in the pool. So what if 65% more men are called than women?

Men can raise and nurture children. It is more in a woman's nature but men have accomplished this if they had to. It takes two to create the baby but women are the only ones who can have the baby, if we don't count test tube babies.

I have no idea what the argument was to keep women out of the draft. Myself, I see no reason why they should not be included with the men and required to register.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I never saw a one to one men to women ratio required or mentioned anywhere.

If shit hit the fan and draft is needed it would be best to have men and women in the pool. So what if 65% more men are called than women?

Men can raise and nurture children. It is more in a woman's nature but men have accomplished this if they had to. It takes two to create the baby but women are the only ones who can have the baby, if we don't count test tube babies.

I have no idea what the argument was to keep women out of the draft. Myself, I see no reason why they should not be included with the men and required to register.
First off, the one-to-one is assumed since this is about being "Equal." So, why must it have been previously said for me to insert it into MY logic?

Second, men cannot properly "nurture" a child, they cannot conceive alone, carry thru pregnancy and birth. Get real.

There is an old saying and it is true, women raise children, men raise adults. The former is more formative than the latter.

As for seeing a reason why women should not be drafted, we certainly disagree. On that and on the ability to have and a raise a child. Mom's should stay home and not be required to leave their progeny. Make whatever argument you wish, that of the two, is clearly the better option

IMHO it is the working moms who are much of the reason for our current unrest with young people. Not their fault. They need towork to pay the burden of taxes placed on our families since the time of Lyndon Johnson. They need to work but they do not NEED to be drafted.

Last edited:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter

I agree. Women can offer a lot.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
First off, the one-to-one is assumed since this is about being "Equal." So, why must it have been previously said for me to insert it into MY logic?

Second, men cannot properly "nurture" a child, they cannot conceive alone, carry thru pregnancy and birth. Get real.

There is an old saying and it is true, women raise children, men raise adults. The former is more formative than the latter.

As for seeing a reason why women should not be drafted, we certainly disagree. On that and on the ability to have and a raise a child. Mom's should stay home and not be required to leave their progeny. Make whatever argument you wish, that of the two, is clearly the better option

IMHO it is the working moms who are much of the reason for our current unrest with young people. Not their fault. They need towork to pay the burden of taxes placed on our families since the time of Lyndon Johnson. They need to work but they do not NEED to be drafted.

Come on Frac, Men can nurture.

nurture

nûr′chər

noun​

1. The action of raising or caring for offspring.
Women can do it better most of the time. Men can fight on front lines better most of the time. But men can nurture and women can serve and be a huge asset to the military. So, I think they should register for draft.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
"Nurture," I know what it means. It's one of the things women do better. Period.
Come on be honest. If you know what it truly means in practice, you know most men aren't adept at it.

I noticed you have no rebuttal to the other points.

Go ahead. Try,

Men go to battle to protect the home front. Women (and families) ARE the home front. If they want to go, have at it. But do not rip them from their children!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, our discussion must end for now as I am leaving for Springfield and Hippie Ridge.

Last edited:

echo

How can that gal nurse her cat if she is off to war?
I still wonder what happened to her baby that made her able to produce milk.
Maybe fauzy gave her a jab? to turn on the milk bottle.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Here's a quote from an email I received from Iowa Senator Joni Ernst:

As a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, I voted to pass the National Defense Authorization Act and override the President's veto. This important law provides another year of record pay raises for our troops, fields proper-fitting body armor for female soldiers, lowers the barriers for servicemembers to report sexual assault, invests billions in deterring China, and increases domestic manufacturing of our critical national security supply chain. I support reforms to Section 230. However, as a combat veteran serving in the Senate, I also support our military men and women who must be equipped for the battlefield of today and well into the future.

I1925

Dead

“It’s certainly what the people of my state believe, and I think most of the American people do, too. [They feel] that there’s something wrong with carrying out the largest expansion of forced conscription in American history and [applying that to] women, particularly 19-, 20-, 21-year-old women, against their will. Saying, ‘Oh, no, actually, you are going to register for the draft, and we don’t care what your life plans are, and we don’t care what you’re doing or planning to do, or if you’re a mother or not, or are planning to be a mother or have a family — doesn’t matter. We’re going to force you all to do it.’...Hold on a minute, why exactly would we force women to serve against their will?“

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Dead

“It’s certainly what the people of my state believe, and I think most of the American people do, too. [They feel] that there’s something wrong with carrying out the largest expansion of forced conscription in American history and [applying that to] women, particularly 19-, 20-, 21-year-old women, against their will. Saying, ‘Oh, no, actually, you are going to register for the draft, and we don’t care what your life plans are, and we don’t care what you’re doing or planning to do, or if you’re a mother or not, or are planning to be a mother or have a family — doesn’t matter. We’re going to force you all to do it.’...Hold on a minute, why exactly would we force women to serve against their will?“

Hold on a minute, why exactly would we force women to serve against their will?“
Given the Me Too movement, that seems a relevant question.