• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Winter Storm Waring bust!

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Last night we were under a
"Winter Storm WARNING" from 6 am today till 6 am Monday. Well here is the rant: It is 11:02 PM and we haven't gotten even a dusting - let alone the 11 inches of snow predicted! The Radar shows the the damn thing is dissipating, and we may not even get a single inch! GRRRRRRRRRRRR!~~~

How the hell in the year 2011 can they fuck up this bad?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Last night we were under a
"Winter Storm WARNING" from 6 am today till 6 am Monday. Well here is the rant: It is 11:02 PM and we haven't gotten even a dusting - let alone the 11 inches of snow predicted! The Radar shows the the damn thing is dissipating, and we may not even get a single inch! GRRRRRRRRRRRR!~~~

How the hell in the year 2011 can they fuck up this bad?

global_warming_by_teabing.jpg

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
We got it good. First rain, then 7" of snow more rain and more snow. This morning it is still sprinkling out there. I cleaned off the driveway to the cement which was stupid. Now I have glare ice and had a hell of a time getting back up the hill with the tractor.

Trakternut

Tell ya what, I'd a helluvelot rather they went wrong that way than to predict an inch or 2 and end up with 8 or 10! :ermm:

snow dog

They ( the national weather service ) always over estimate now a days, because they lost a lawsuit many years ago, where they had an idea but down graded the warning and people died.

snow dog

sometimes the road crews get overloaded and the folks have to help by clearing the road infront of their house

fuzznutz

well i'm ready for what we are supposed to get here although everyone is telling a different annount so we are expecting anywhere from 4 - 10 inches and i have the tractor all gassed up and 80 lbs of rock salt ready to go on the sidewalks no matter what we get

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Doesn't look like this one is going to be a bust.
6-7 inches in the wee hours, then another 2 possible by tomorrow afternoon.
Windy too.
Blah..

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Wind is howling right now.. it's clear and nothing is coming down.
Humidity is at 93% and the air is heavy.. so it's soon to be.
Ever notice if you live near the railroad tracks and a train is going through, it's louder then?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Waiting for it to start here as well. Thought it had already started but they must have lost power in Pa. again as the pole light at the farm over there is off. Usually that is my weather indicator and if I can't see it then it is snowing or foggy or raining real hard. They are still calling for up to 7 inches of wet heavy snow followed by high winds and temps dropping to 10 Friday night.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We were supposed to get 6 to 9 inches overnight.

We managed about 2 inches of wet heavy snow with the bottom 1/2" of that being icy slush. School for my wife's district got a 2 hour delay, my daughter's school is 22 miles north and they didn't call any delay so I'll be heading out to take her to school shortly. I'm expecting some slippery roads, at least the first several miles, apparently its "heavier" to the south and as I'm considered "far south" for Chicagoland I figure the conditions will improve as I go north.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
They upped our forecast to 8-12 and it should stay all snow as the cold has moved in and dropped the temp to 23 now. Wind is supposed to really get blowing this afternoon so drifting may be an issue then.

fuzznutz

well its getting nasty here so much that i am refusing to go outside till after it slows down a bit right now there is about 4 or 5 inches on the ground and the wind is howling

fuzznutz

wow over here its still snowing and they are still saying up to 7 inches i already have some decent snow drifts

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Suppose to be nice today . I woke up to snowing and its still coming down ..........So much for forecast .I refuse to plow until its over . With the price of tractor fuel its getting expensive . I'll just use the 4WD to get in and out .