Wicked storms, power out, generator gave up the ghost!

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congratulations on getting the generator installed and running. I have the 16kw Generac that runs off of propane. Not a single problem in the 10 years I've had it.

Well, that's not quite true. The power went out once when we were out of town. The generator came on and supplied power to an empty house, as well as our exterior lights. When we returned I had to listen to a few neighbors bitch about our house being the only one with electricity and no one at home to enjoy it.

Bob

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The generator came on and supplied power to an empty house, as well as our exterior lights. When we returned I had to listen to a few neighbors bitch about our house being the only one with electricity and no one at home to enjoy it.

Bob
If I were your neighbor, I'd be plugging extension cords into your outside ele. boxes and running them to my house. :brows:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
The power went out once when we were out of town. The generator came on and supplied power to an empty house, as well as our exterior lights. When we returned I had to listen to a few neighbors bitch about our house being the only one with electricity and no one at home to enjoy it.

Bob

I think that I could live with that. :smile::smile:

In fact that's the very reason that I'm giving very serious thought to installing one.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congratulations on getting the generator installed and running. I have the 16kw Generac that runs off of propane. Not a single problem in the 10 years I've had it.

Well, that's not quite true. The power went out once when we were out of town. The generator came on and supplied power to an empty house, as well as our exterior lights. When we returned I had to listen to a few neighbors bitch about our house being the only one with electricity and no one at home to enjoy it.

Bob

Seems to me that your house was a great advertisement for back up systems :yum:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
hahaah @ rlk, thats pretty hilarious.

I know this thread is from a while back, but it reminded me of the time I was interning for a production company and the power went out. Had to go rent a backup power gennny. I know the thread is talking about houses, but its important to know that its necessary for work also.

Generators come in handy a lot more often than people realize :smile: