• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

why it must suck if the president lived in your hometown

dzalphakilo

Banned
Driving to the office today in Greensboro, police ALL OVER the place in unmarked cars at almost every intersection on a major thruway. Couldn't figure out what the heck was going on, then it dawned on me, Bush was in town for another speech.

Must be the third or fourth time in a couple of years he's been in the Triad area (just seemed like a couple of months ago he was in Kernersville).

Man, just thinking about it, wonder if the town of Crawford comes to a standstill when the President goes home with all of that security.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I bet Crawford Tx is a little easier to cover but I'm sure they do the same security. Every town I've seen the Pres or vice Pres visit that's standard procedure. All overpasses and interesections within a certain distance of the route has patrol cars there.
I suppose they get used to it in DC, but traffic is already a nightmare there. Boston can be hectic but still fun to drive in while I see DC as a major pain to drive in anytime.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Try being a private pilot and flying with all the TFR's (temporary flight restrictions) that pop up without warning, even without flight-service's knowledge. If you blow one of these, you loose no matter what the circumastance.

election time... Bunch of mororns (both sides).

Fire them all! :myopinion:

dzalphakilo

Banned
Funny, I forgot about my experience with Clinton and the secret service that was pretty far out at the time. He and his daughter (no wife around) took a rafting trip on the Snake river out in Wyoming. We actually put on EARLY and were down playing in a hole all day when a bunch of rafts came down and informed us that they were the secret service and that we actually had to clear off from the river because the president was coming down. Middle of nowhere on the river, pretty wild when you saw all the rafts that were around "protecting" him.