• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

which krusty owner hexed my snow trac

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
well as luck would nhave it my snot trac decided to make me walk just as the bering sea under the ice crew was filming it. it all of a sudden lost oil pressure and dumped the oil out on the ground about 10 miles out of town ,Thanks for the hex Big Al. I tore the engine down to night if I had known how wore out this case was I would never have left town with it. at least the thing got me through Iditarod so I didn't loose out on that revenue. just prior to Iditarod I found a low jug I tore it down to find a bad wrist pin clip and destroid cylinder and piston. I ordered up 4 new 1776 jugs the thing sounded good I only had a short trip to the top of anvil mountain the day before going out on the nome golivin race. the engine started to lock up on me scrambling to find another engine case I got an old take off dredge motor dual port type I beat off the cylinder heads and jugs with a 2 pound sledge, this should have been the first red flag. I fitted my jugs and heads to this replacement case and off for a day at the end of the day it sounded like it was leaking exhaust found 2 studs had pulled and the case had already been helicoiled. spent all night making thread inserts out of 1/2 inch bolts and putting the engine back together. did the rest of Iditarod with no failures except for a needle and seat going out on the carb than came the day for the discovery channel and you all know the rest of the story. next week when I start the rebuild I will start a new thread on vw engines 101 this I hope will help others in their quest to build a reliable vw motor I now have 3 different cases tore apart so I can show how to inspect it and what you don't want to see.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It looks like you may have resurrected someones problems with that case. I bet you wished that wales rig was home now.
i am either going to install a 1600 or spend some on a new or newer rig this summer. So your build could help me. The last few years all I had was a shorted distrubter and that was at startup. For it's age It is holding up good. Out of the four cats that were on the last search the newest one broke.
jim

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Jim I took a 17 mile ride in the bombie the other day I don't know how you do it . the engine build is pretty simple I bought a basket case engine with a new case. for 600 bucks and another 400 bucks into a new muffler and crank as the one that came with the engine got rusted. when every thing is said and done I will have enough parts to build a second engine because I have 4 new jugs that came in the basket.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like you need to rebuild one and then do the second one for a back up ready to swap as needed. Waiting for parts up there in winter is not good.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
that is the plan, I have to do something to guard against Big Al And Bobcat with their little voodoo dolls of snow trac's . it only takes me about 30 minuts to swap out a motor.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
If i wanted to Sabotage your Snot Track , it would a little more than shoving a Pin up its ass !
You just expect that POS to run like a Kristy and that ain't going to happen . Maybe on Fantasy Island but not in real life .
So heres the deal ..... Junk the Snotty and i'll sale you my KT3 and then you will be ready to be the he man that you always thought and wanted to be . Ok .... maybe not a he man but at least you will be allowed to sit at the mens table without getting poked fun of .
Let me know where to ship the greatest Snowcat ever built . :clap:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Jim I took a 17 mile ride in the bombie the other day I don't know how you do it . the engine build is pretty simple I bought a basket case engine with a new case. for 600 bucks and another 400 bucks into a new muffler and crank as the one that came with the engine got rusted. when every thing is said and done I will have enough parts to build a second engine because I have 4 new jugs that came in the basket.
I drove my bombie maybe 200 yds this season.I run it from my shop for fresh steering oil and back to my barn. I just wanted it ready if needed.
You need to sit in it like your riding a horse and chuck that fancy seat belt.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
If i wanted to Sabotage your Snot Track , it would a little more than shoving a Pin up its ass !
You just expect that POS to run like a Kristy and that ain't going to happen . Maybe on Fantasy Island but not in real life .
So heres the deal ..... Junk the Snotty and i'll sale you my KT3 and then you will be ready to be the he man that you always thought and wanted to be . Ok .... maybe not a he man but at least you will be allowed to sit at the mens table without getting poked fun of .
Let me know where to ship the greatest Snowcat ever built . :clap:
I knew you would love this one Allen we kind of miss you around here

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Don
Did you rescue your snow trac with your bombi? I was kind of reading between the lines and you said the snow trac broke then you went on a 17 mile bombi ride.
jim

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
You just expect that POS to run like a Kristy and that ain't going to happen .

Ok, So I'm still confused. I thought you (bigal aka Dr rum) had the only kristy (aka: krusty, krapsty) that actually worked? How many Kristi were made and how many still on the trail? When I wrote earlier, your answer was 2 were MIA, 1 was KIA and you had the bottle owner.

Cidertom ST2116

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Ok, So I'm still confused. I thought you (bigal aka Dr rum) had the only kristy (aka: krusty, krapsty) that actually worked? How many Kristi were made and how many still on the trail? When I wrote earlier, your answer was 2 were MIA, 1 was KIA and you had the bottle owner.

Cidertom ST2116

About 175 KT3's were made .
4 KT7's were made of which I own the only survivor left . I own #0004 .
It is now for sale as of today .