• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What is your take on Hamas rocketing Israel?

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I happen to have a good friend who immigrated to US about 30 years ago, and became a US citizen, but has most of his family and old friends still living in Israel. He is an older gent, and wears hearing aids in each ear due to losing hearing while serving in his country as a young man in Israel and fighting in wars.

Over the course of the last decade or so, I've gotten a different view of Israel than what is portrayed by the UN and by the liberal media. By all standards, it certainly appears that all of his friends I've spoken with have the attitude of "Live and let Live" in a peaceful coexistence with their Arab neighbors. Contrary to some news I've read, he challenged me to come up with instances where Israel citizens actively sought out Arab cities and started provocations. Other than the formation of Israel, which I've learned there is more to that story as well, it sure seems that Abe is correct. Heck, I did not even know that about 20% of Israel's population is made up of Arabs who are active Muslims. The difference is that they, being Israel, looks at them sort of like the US does when it comes to Catholics vs Southern Baptists; different, but clearly lead a peaceful coexistence.

Textbooks I've read seem to claim that Jews came and 'stole' land and evicted Palestinians in 1947. That is not exactly the story as I'm told. I was given several references to where Jewish people have been on that same land for thousands of years with innumerable conflicts of being ousted and returning. One of the big times they started to return, that I was unaware of, was in 1492. All I know about that year is supposedly when Columbus set out and 'discovered' America. It was also the year that Spain decided to rid itself of all Jews. I'm well aware of there always being two sides to any story, but it sure seems that there have been so many countries, races and other groups of people whose goal in life is to exterminate all Jewish people.

I knew this gentleman for 9 years before I learned that he was recruited from the IDF to the Mossad. He has never spoken of anything he did while serving his country. He only tells me that knowing your enemy well is the only possible way for such a small country, such as Israel, to survive. By all accounts, it seems that Israel is pretty darn good at the Intelligence business. I didn't even know that those 20% of Arab citizens living in Israel are exempt from Israel's mandatory military service.

Anyway, as we all know, there are hundreds of books and tens of thousands of pages written about the conflict between the Jews and the Arabs. The only consistent I can see is that Israel seems willing to live in peace whereas the majority of Muslims want to totally exterminate all Jews. What seems concerning to me is that with longer range rockets and determination to start a full scale war, Hamas in the small Gaza Strip firing rockets at populated Israel cities and using Palestinian citizens as human shields in Gaza may very well result in Israel untying the proverbial second hand from behind their back and flat destroying Gaza. Which, IMHO, would then drag the rest of the Muslim countries into a full war against Israel which, very likely, would result in the US aiding Israel and who knows what other countries aiding either side in a vicious full scale war.

In blunt terms, my friend from Israel said that the Muslims have talked a big talk and has constantly flicked Israel in the nuts. However, now if the Arabs fully kick Israel in the nuts, they may very well get a well calculated but much larger than anticipated retaliation from Israel who, I'm told, has infiltrated most areas and has excellent intel to help them.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That's the understanding I've always had of the situation around the formation of Israel. I didn't hear anything about Israelis being aggressive and an aggressor until I went to college.

I didn't believe it then and I don't believe it now. Sure, they've done things I don't agree with but they been remarkably restrained considering the way they are being treated.

Jim

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
If only our resident pussy commander in chief would loan Israel a couple dozen large nukes, the entire region, even possibly the entire planet could live in peace, by resolving the conflicts there for ever.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That's the understanding I've always had of the situation around the formation of Israel. I didn't hear anything about Israelis being aggressive and an aggressor until I went to college.

I didn't believe it then and I don't believe it now. Sure, they've done things I don't agree with but they been remarkably restrained considering the way they are being treated.

Jim

Ditto

grizzer

Palestinians & Jews are like fighting cousins. Except the dead keep piling up.

Muslim countries do not financially support Palestine the US taxpayer does.

Palestine does not want a separate country as then they would have to work & show a GDP. much simpler to cause a page 1 ruckus for the NYT and collect a handout as victims.

Hizbollah in the north and Hamas in Gaza have grown their influence because Abbas is weak and US leadership has fumbled the ball many times.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
If only our resident pussy commander in chief would loan Israel a couple dozen large nukes, the entire region, even possibly the entire planet could live in peace, by resolving the conflicts there for ever.

I'm not quite so certain that Israel doesn't already have that ability but has just shown restraint. If the Muslim radicals keep thumping them, we may find out sooner rather than later. My friend from Israel says that Israel can completely destroy Iran and Iran knows as much and that is the only reason Iran has not already tried to exterminate Israel as their leaders keep saying is their goal.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter

Israel doesn't need our nukes; they have their own and it hasn't made any difference. If they use them against their neighbors
there is a near 100% certainty that the whole region would end up glassed over, as would most of the rest of the world as
various countries joined the conflict on one side or the other.

Leni

The Arabs need to get it through their thick skulls that the Jewish people have been there for thousands of years and they are not going anyplace.

Andrei

Banned
Yes, but majority of Israelis are not real jews.
Most are Russians and Polish and Rumanians and jewish just like Sammy Davis Jr. was.
Of convenience.

Leni

Many are Jews who fled Hitler and then Europe after WW II. Don't forget what the Germans did in Warsaw.

Andrei

Banned
British said the same thing when the first Americans rebelled against them and asked for freedom.
But ........... Natural Law prevailed.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just my opinion but I think Hamas may be slaughtered by Israel this time around based not the following factual information:
1. Iran is not in a position to help Hamas because Iran has its hands busy fighting ISIS in Iraq.
2. Syria is not in a position to help Hamas because Syria is in the middle of a civil war and also has to deal with ISIS, which has taken over part of the southeast part of its nations.
3. The Muslim Brotherhood was decimated in Egypt and the current leadership in Egypt is NOT friendly to Hamas and has hardened the southern border of GAZA where it abuts Egypt.
4. Israel cannot count on the USA for support under Obama so Israel feels that has to 'go it alone' in the middle east and cannot afford to take "half measures" when dealing with terrorists.

British said the same thing when the first Americans rebelled against them and asked for freedom.

True.

Natural law favors freedom. But if you have the military to destroy life, then death of the enemy tends to trump the concept of freedom. England did not have the military strength/will to destroy the colonials. Israel has the military might to destroy everyone and everything in Gaza, the question is do they have the will? If they do then HAMAS is toast. If they don't then HAMAS will be severely crippled but not eliminated and will rise again.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Other thoughts. Israel Uses Rockets To Protect People, HAMAS Uses People To Protect Their Rockets. HAMAS also intentionally targets civilians while decrying the accidental death of civilians when Israel accidentally kills a civilian.

Attachments

• 75.jpg.png
    75.jpg.png
    333.6 KB · Views: 66

Leni

That picture is exactly why I'd love to see Isreal destroy Hamas. That little boy should be out playing rather than loaded up with suicide bombs.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, but majority of Israelis are not real jews.
Most are Russians and Polish and Rumanians and jewish just like Sammy Davis Jr. was.
Of convenience.

Not "real" Jews? Your lack of knowledge is showing here. The Jews in Russia who suffered pogroms under the Czars and
then under the Bolsheviks were not fake Jews, and it surely wasn't a matter of "convenience" to the ones who died simply
because their holy book was the Torah and not the Christian Bible.

When your mother, and her mother, and her mother, and her mother, and a string of mothers going back a few hundred
years were all born Jewish, that pretty damn well makes you a Jew as well and it doesn't matter one particle if those Jewish
ancestors lived for centuries in Russia, Poland, Rumania, Slovakia, Germany, or Spain; it still makes an unbroken line
of Jews and it doesn't get any more real than that.

If the Hebrew tribes had not be driven from their lands some two thousand years ago, they would probably still have the
somewhat Arabic features I am presuming you feel must exist for a Jew to be "real". Unfortunately, the Diaspora forced them
to live in Russia, Poland (etc.) and after a few centuries of intermarriage they took on the features and coloration of the
locals. What matters is their loyalty to the religion and traditions of the ones who first came to those lands. These
are the things that make a Jew, not Arabic features and a dusky skin tone. The Hebrew population of Israel are real
Jews by any rational standard, as real as this Moro Muslim couple in the Philippines:

image009.jpg

Also not Arabic in features, but Muslims nonetheless.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Other thoughts. Israel Uses Rockets To Protect People, HAMAS Uses People To Protect Their Rockets. HAMAS also intentionally targets civilians while decrying the accidental death of civilians when Israel accidentally kills a civilian.

I had no idea the KKK had moved to Palestine.:whistling:

Leni

Danang, that's exactly what I was thinking of when I posted my comment. I could not have said it better. By the way, Sammy Davis Jr converted to the Jewish faith. That makes him as much a Jew as any other one.

SShepherd

And the Israelis are more than willing to live peacefully with the "palistinians" but they rejected signing the peace treaty. And then lets not forget hamas was elected by the majority of palistinians to represent them and hamas has stated publicly the don't recognize Israel and want it gone from the map.
They wanted war, they got it:hammer:

I'm curious, are you antijew or do you support the terrorists?

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Okay, this has been going on for a while. Here is the Middle East Conflict explained in simple terms.

Middle East Conflict Explained

After what I've seen lately, I'm sickened by the lack of civility of Arabs almost in every country shown by the news. They cheer when they see Arab children with suicide vests on and cheer when Hamas loads up animals with explosives and send them into Israel. After seeing how sick these people really are, I hope Israel bombs the the hell out of Hamas!!

SShepherd

Okay, this has been going on for a while. Here is the Middle East Conflict explained in simple terms.

Middle East Conflict Explained

After what I've seen lately, I'm sickened by the lack of civility of Arabs almost in every country shown by the news. They cheer when they see Arab children with suicide vests on and cheer when Hamas loads up animals with explosives and send them into Israel. After seeing how sick these people really are, I hope Israel bombs the the hell out of Hamas!!

I've seen their "civility", the IDF needs to burn them out like rodents. What would we do if another country fired thousands of rockets into our cities to kill civilians.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
What would we do if another country fired thousands of rockets into our cities to kill civilians.

With Obama at the helm? We would probably surrender to Guatemala, offer them free healthcare for live, offer them welfare of $10k per month for life and force people out of million dollar homes and offer them to the attackers with Homeland Security offering 24/7 security for them.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
With Obama at the helm? We would probably surrender to Guatemala, offer them free healthcare for live, offer them welfare of $10k per month for life and force people out of million dollar homes and offer them to the attackers with Homeland Security offering 24/7 security for them.

Sounds about right :sad:

Andrei

Banned
I'm curious, are you antijew or do you support the terrorists?
I have sided with underdogs and Freedom Fighters most of the time.
End the occupation and things will come to a normal and Natural balance.
I have never heard Hamas made those clams but consistently hear Israel make them. Self serving.

SShepherd

I have never heard Hamas made those clams but consistently hear Israel make them. Self serving.

you're right, end the occupation of arabs on Israeli soil, they already given up the west bank, gaza, and the Sinai peninsula

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter

Those are the guys who dress in burkas and open fire on people. They are the ones who strap bombs onto children and send them into crowds. They are the people who set IED's on the side of the road without any regard as to who they kill; it's just whoever passes by first. The body of the man who shot my son was wearing a burka. You in fact support terrorists! :hammer: