• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PET? And why?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
My favorite pet was a 60Lb yellow Labrador Spaniel mix. Named KODAK because he came into our lives as a puppy in a Kodak Box. Instead, we have a 10Lb Habanara-poodle and five cats.
The dog is Tooh-ki
The cats are

Merlin*
Luna*
Peanut
Charlie* and
Mimaque.

* These are rescues

As we also have a certified bird sanctuary in our yard, all of them are "inside" pets.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Cats and dogs are fine pets. They respond when you pet them and cuddle on cold nights.
However, one of the best pets are gold fish in the backyard pond. Feed them once a day and they respond by coming over to eat.
That's it.
Otherwise, no real work is required.

A pet turtle in the back yard takes care of itself. Feed it blackberries or grapes from time to time, DONE!

Last edited:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Our 11 year old Yorkie, Sophie. We also have an 8 point white tail deer that comes to visit us from time to time. With the advent of the various deer hunting seasons just commencing here with fall, I fear his days may be numbered.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
We have a 110# American bulldog rescue that hates everyone and everything except mommy and daddy
a pony and quarter horse
2 cats and 13 raccoons that the wife feeds cheap dog food token them out of everything else.

Gary O'

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PET? And why?​

The last six years, living up at the cabin, all things wild
Bear, big cats, wolves

Why?
Feeding was optional.....if yer fast enough

Couldn't keep a dog (chased deer)

Cats were hawk food

Gunsrus

Cats. They're the best pest control there is. In the last apartment I lived in, my tuxedo cat hunted silverfish insects every day. I loved watching him trap and eat them. He did it so rapidly, so skillfully. In a farm, a big city flat or house, cats are my favourite animal. 🐱

J5 Bombardier

Always had a dog and cats on the farm , dogs being my favorite, especially German Shedders....I mean Shepherds. The cats were the workers ,keeping the barns from being overrun . The dog was your buddy and some would round up the cows for you, but those days are long gone. The Shepherd I have now is always stuck to me like glue , hell she even has partial run of the house..... I'm getting soft in my old age.
J5 Bombardier

Nort Woods

GOLD Site Supporter
Favorite pet…….dogs! Hands down, my girl Greta is my hunting partner and it will be a long difficult time when she goes.
Dave

Attachments

• 9CF96455-5EBD-4DA1-9E84-254C10FA1ADB.jpeg
    9CF96455-5EBD-4DA1-9E84-254C10FA1ADB.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 69

snobike

dogs, love dogs never much a cat guy....until a few years ago we got 2 cats (kittens, brothers) for outside mouse and chipmunk control..1 cat , his name is Flip acts just like a dog but kills like a cat..i love that damn cat and most recently we got a puppy again (border collie) and i was afraid the dog would run the cat off...nope, they are now buds.let the killing continue.

kc3tec

Cats for me, i like dogs as well but allergy issues prevent me from being around them too long.
My older cat is my nursemaid and she checks on me frequently.
The younger one is my lovable clown/ entertainer.
Both of them are highly independant but not adverse to a good cuddle.
They are also very good at keeping the house mouse free.