• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What is a Import Model Digital Camera?

Gatorboy

Import (or Grey Market) means that the product is not covered by the manufacture's warranty.

If you buy an Import model from B&H Photo, they will honor the warranty -- but you must send it to them for repair. Typically you can purchase an import for less than a USA model.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Gatorboy said:
Import (or Grey Market) means that the product is not covered by the manufacture's warranty.

I did see that reference in my search but I thought there would have been more to it.

Thanks GB.....:thumb:

Durwood RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
It's just like a grey model tractor, it was meant for another country. Companies price a lot of items cheaper in poor countries than countries like America. Cameras and other goods are sometimes a lot cheaper if you can get your hand on an import model made for another country , but the manufacturer will not back it in a country is was not made to be sold in. I think people sell them because they can get them cheaper and make more money on them.

Dur

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Here's some related background on 'gray market' camera gear.

The link below shows where the owner of a US trademark on camera filters, explains his legal basis allowing him to make eBay cancel all auctions from overseas sellers on 'his' filters.

And clearly he won't provide warranty service for items he didn't import.

Link