• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Only 3 of us here for our Thanksgiving day dinner. Smallest one ever. We plan to connect with video chats with others who are normally here.
It's just ME. I'm making myself a small feast which will probably amount to 3 or 4 days of leftovers.
My sons are staying put this year.
Ty's mother in law to be is at St. V's with covid and on a vent.
Jeff is hanging out at his place cooking and watching football.
2020 Thanksgiving! ?

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
We're having our quietest Thanksgiving in living memory. We are staying home, just the two of us. We have always gone to my wife's aunt's place but since she passed away my wife's cousin has taken over Thanksgiving duties. There's usually about 30 of us there to overeat, talk over old family stories and watch football. Not this year.

We're not even having all the traditional grub today since we are having an early Christmas dinner with my wife's sisters at our house in a couple of weeks. It's the only time that we can all get together. Today we will have a standing rib roast with all the trimmings. My wife has been working her magic in the kitchen since before I got out of bed. So my schedule for today is going to be to eat a big meal, drink a couple of glasses of wine, watch about 15 minutes of the second football game and doze off. That should take care of it.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
went down to the shop this morning and worked on the COOT, now I am going to eat lunch then do some shooting. I will post the details in the ATV and the gun sections later.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I went to bed in pain, woke up in pain. Arthritis is a bitch.

Last evening I was crawling around the floor assembling some IKEA shelving. Why? I dunno. She who must be obeyed must have commanded that it be done? Well something like that. We are reorganizing a closet area and Melen & the lovely Mrs_Bob measured, ordered, and picked up several shelving units at IKEA. So Melen and I did the assembly work. Nice looking, sturdy, but not very adjustable and not overly space efficient for the use that they intended. While the vacuum cleaner & some mops will be relocated to a different closet, I will say that we have a lot more useable space.

But, all that lifting, shuffling, crawling, twisting and assembling did a number on my hands, wrists and shoulders. Nothing that a handful of Aleve, alternating with a fistful of Motrin can't solve. So today has been pretty much a baby sitting day, doing some smaller tasks, etc. Not much, but keeping busy inside.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Been watching old Christmas shows on Airy.Tv, puttering around and now am a-gazin upon the silver branches o' the Christmas tree.
?
.. and dinner is cooking.
Cajun shrimp, red beans and rice, roasted acorn squash.

Last edited:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Spent Thanksgiving working on the Park Model set up in Springfield MO. I built four sets of stabilizers each with a top and bottom of treated timber and three 3/4 Inch threaded rods in each set. Using nuts with washers as a screw jack system, each is on one corner of the trailer and jacked to bring it level and stabile. The four existing factory units face 90 degrees opposite and add more lift and stability.
The 40 foot long Jayco used to shake in the wind and actually vibrate when one walked about inside. Now it is steady as a rock.

We had saulzeista sandwiches, a fresh salad and Pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving dinner.

I went to the lake camp and hitched the camper to haul home. When I got back to the Springfield house I was informed we are under quarantine. CATHY has symptoms of Covid-19. She gets tested Monday at 6:00 PM. We are stuck here 'til Wednesday at best.

She has no fever, but a sore, dry throat. She smells and tastes fine but says she just feels "off." So, I was told to stop sniffing and tasting her until we know. Damm! Three days alone shut in just the two of us and I can't make good use of the opportunity. Oh the horror!

Last edited:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
This morning was paper day, invoices and estimates. Then worked on the COOT some and had time to shoot the Ruger old army. Details in the ATV and handgun sections.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Woke up to very little snow.
Just enough to partially cover my car and ground lightly.
?

20201201_082244.jpg

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My wife had bunion surgery on her foot yesterday.
My nest few days will be in the house making sure she is OK.
Of course I have been on the net dragging up every thing that is out there to support our President Trump. Over the past few days I notice a lot more is available than it was just after the Democrats stole this election. Sorry if I seem like a broken record at times. I am just not willing to lay down and let the criminal Democrats have their way. People need to know the truth, even if it is being censored here on the internet. Stuff still gets through, as there is just soooo very much of it out there.
Once this is over one way or the other, I will step aside and stop with the relentless posting in the political threads. I promise...

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I went to bed in pain, woke up in pain. Arthritis is a bitch.

Last evening I was crawling around the floor assembling some IKEA shelving. Why? I dunno. She who must be obeyed must have commanded that it be done? Well something like that. We are reorganizing a closet area and Melen & the lovely Mrs_Bob measured, ordered, and picked up several shelving units at IKEA. So Melen and I did the assembly work. Nice looking, sturdy, but not very adjustable and not overly space efficient for the use that they intended. While the vacuum cleaner & some mops will be relocated to a different closet, I will say that we have a lot more useable space.

But, all that lifting, shuffling, crawling, twisting and assembling did a number on my hands, wrists and shoulders. Nothing that a handful of Aleve, alternating with a fistful of Motrin can't solve. So today has been pretty much a baby sitting day, doing some smaller tasks, etc. Not much, but keeping busy inside.
I feel your pain. Lol. My wife has been working feverishly at making a "craft" area downstairs for her cricut printing. We went to home depot a few weeks ago to pick up a few bottom cabinets and ordered a custom counter to fit. Well, the counter came in. She assembled the cabinets herself and I was voluntold to put them side by side, get them leveled, and install the counter. It'll be her work area. She and our two oldest boys brought in a large heavy duty entertainment stand which she repurposed for her vinyl and cricut machine.
FB_IMG_1606921155875.jpg
FB_IMG_1606921161586.jpg
FB_IMG_1606921168210.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday was supposed to be a productive day in the garage finishing up the rockers on my son's car but someone who will not be named misplaced the clips to hold the rocker trim covers on. After a couple hours of searching for them in the garage, I gave up and tackled pulling the steering wheel to replace the clock spring. I didn't get far with that either as the puller I was using was missing the j hooks to hook onto the steering wheel to remove it. So off to the city to search for the hooks.

Today, I found the clips in the house. I hadn't brought them out to the garage yet. I got to work installing the trim and tires on the driver's side. Next up is the passenger side.

Hopefully a couple of weeks and it'll be ready for the road. I still have to finish up a couple of things on the front end then bring it in to get the brake and fuel lines replaced. The thing will be basically new front to back.
20201202_093714.jpg

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It's definitely cool outside and it's supposed to rain all day so I won't be doing much but I did take the trash down to the front gate this morning. I didn't do much yesterday either as it was downright cold and the wind was blowing at 20 mph. My wife spent yesterday afternoon canning her "famous" green tomato relish. We picked all the tomatoes and peppers from our COVID garden on Sunday and took all the outside plants indoors before the freeze. I'm almost glad that the cold killed those tomato plants. They had completely taken over the kitchen herb garden. After over 40-years of gardening I have never seen anything grow like those plants but they did keep us supplied all summer long. The next chore will be to clean them all out when it dries out and warms up a bit.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tending to my Wife, laundry and dishes. Fixing her lunch now. Later paper work, and listening to live feeds of Epoc Times.
The Election is going to get even more interesting in the coming weeks, as history unfolds before our very eyes. It appears the results can change the course and the future of our nation...

Ceee

Site Supporter
It's definitely cool outside and it's supposed to rain all day so I won't be doing much but I did take the trash down to the front gate this morning. I didn't do much yesterday either as it was downright cold and the wind was blowing at 20 mph. My wife spent yesterday afternoon canning her "famous" green tomato relish. We picked all the tomatoes and peppers from our COVID garden on Sunday and took all the outside plants indoors before the freeze. I'm almost glad that the cold killed those tomato plants. They had completely taken over the kitchen herb garden. After over 40-years of gardening I have never seen anything grow like those plants but they did keep us supplied all summer long. The next chore will be to clean them all out when it dries out and warms up a bit.
I absolutely love that stuff. I've tried to duplicate David Beard's before, but it just wasn't as good. Is her famous greet tomato relish recipe a secret?

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I absolutely love that stuff. I've tried to duplicate David Beard's before, but it just wasn't as good. Is her famous greet tomato relish recipe a secret?
It's an old family recipe so it's top secret. She and her sister may take it to the grave with them. ? All I know is that that stuff is magic with fried catfish!!! She checked on David Beard's but decided that she liked hers better. Who am I to argue.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Still home minding the wife...
Today I am going to start with Christmas.. A fellow who works "with" me has issues with his teeth. Today we do some thing about that. I am going to pay for his dentures, so that my friend can smile like he used to. Time to get an appointment so we can evaluate what needs done. I don't care what it costs. it is now about money at this point... It is all about smiles! :biggrin:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Still home minding the wife...
Today I am going to start with Christmas.. A fellow who works "with" me has issues with his teeth. Today we do some thing about that. I am going to pay for his dentures, so that my friend can smile like he used to. Time to get an appointment so we can evaluate what needs done. I don't care what it costs. it is now about money at this point... It is all about smiles! :biggrin:
Prayers and best wishes for your wife.
That is one heck of a great Christmas present for your fellow worker!!!!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just have my friend call Aspen Dental...

Anyone here have experience with them?
I hope they are a good outfit to deal with..

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Back to work today. What a mess. It took over an hour to get three of our four lines up and running. A lot of expensive people standing about as I tackled multiple problems. Jammed feed systems and timing issues.

also,
I am rebuilding a line for a friend who has a small bakery in Kansas City MO. Nothing done on it whilst I was gone either. What started out as a refurbish has become a re- manufacture. She will be getting, in essence, a brand new machine. I was supposed to have it ready in mid December. At the rate we are going, she won't get it until January 2021.

Meanwhile, I have about 200 E-mails to which I must delete or respond.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I swear I posted a reply that announced Cathy is COVID-19 free. But then I did so from Springfield and the internet hookup there is shaky at best.

Or it could just be that I don't yet get along with the new Forum format. Old people hate change.

Despite being a rather large metro area, Springfield has limited TV broadcasts. Ironically, we got more channels and better reception 15 miles out of town than we do in the city.

Meanwhile, we cannot get Satellite where we are. Too many old trees. Comcast or whatever is the available cable company has a really bad reputation so we are going with an ATT line for internet. From that feed, we can get minimal Cable channels as well.

Beats watching Julia Child and Wells Fargo reruns.

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I swear I posted a reply that announced Cathy is COVID-19 free. But then I did so from Springfield and the internet hookup there is shaky at best.

Or it could just be that I don't yet get along with the new Forum format. Old people hate change.

Despite being a rather lager metro area, Springfield has limited TV broadcasts. Ironically, we got more channels and better reception 15 miles out of town than we do in the city.

Meanwhile, we cannot get Satellite where we are. Too many old trees. Comcast or whatever is the available cable company has a really bad reputation so we are going with an ATT line for internet. From that feed, we can get minimal Cable channels as well.

Beats watching Julia Child and Wells Fargo reruns.
Yay for Cathy! ?

What's so bad about watching Julia Child?
(You can keep Wells Fargo) Zzzzzzzz lol

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Back at it this morning in the garage finishing up the rocker panels and tearing the front bumper cover off to replace the headlight mounting assembly. It cleared customs so hopefully it arrives in the next few days. The end is in sight on the car rebuild for my son. Then I'll be able to get it out of the garage and tackle other projects I've been putting on the back burner.
20201203_115816.jpg
20201203_115846.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.