• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today, II

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Did a shoot O rama with my neighbors today, I brought everything 45 and the wife's 38. they brought every Glock model, I think they ever made chambered in 9mm and one in 22. We shot everything and had a great time. We decided it will be a once a month event going forward.

J.J. McDaniels

Enjoying the last leg of my four-day weekend. It's a twice a year rare pleasure and my final go round for this year is during Christmas. It's been exactly what I needed. But I hate to see it end.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Spent the day at work catching up. Wents hopping for a pond water heater and a 100 lb propane tank for the Tiny house camper.

Local farm supply has one for $220plus about $80 for LPG.

Picking it up Tuesday.
We are putting the 19 foot camper at Hippie Ridge for the winter.

It will come in handy if we get cold or need to use the can.

I do have power so plans are to have a space heater keep the pipes from freezing.

Reactions: Doc

J.J. McDaniels

Currently, I'm laying out plans on what I feel I'll be able to work tomorrow. By the looks of things, it's going to be another late truck and another hell of a day.

J.J. McDaniels

When it rains, it pours. On top of a delivery truck that didn't leave until late this morning (through no fault of their own with all the BS that's going on) my work truck is now down with a transmission issue. A rental truck has been leased, but I can't pick it up until 9 in the morning. Going to be a hell of a day back to back.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Our main customer finally settled on their new package size. We start building new tooling tomorrow.

And rearranging the plant layout.

One line is already done for the initial product "test." That was months ago.

Now that orders are coming in,,, we will need a second line, about three months work.

Always a fun time at Excalibur Packaging.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I haven't worked since Monday, which was a shitshow.
Today I found out one of my rehab patients passed.
That man was a Green Beret.
Not from covid.
He slipped silently into the arms of God.
Not to brag, but I was the ONLY nurse in our facility who could make that man talk or smile.
I'm going to miss you JF.
I will surely post his obituary as soon as I can.
Some of them passing hits me more than others.

Ironman

My work brought me to Waukesha today. I’m coming into town on 59, still kinda dark out and see this bright blue light. Then the guy across the street had one. Then you could see them on like every third house. Looked pretty cool. I shouldn’t have my phone out in the dump truck :censored: Waukesha strong 👍

55D680CD-07E5-4EC2-BB1D-F55DF12D2777.jpeg

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
My work brought me to Waukesha today. I’m coming into town on 59, still kinda dark out and see this bright blue light. Then the guy across the street had one. Then you could see them on like every third house. Looked pretty cool. I shouldn’t have my phone out in the dump truck :censored: Waukesha strong 👍

View attachment 142013
Cool.
Speaking of blue.

20211203_192540.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Today I...

-Finished a week's worth of work in one of my college classes

-Learned the guitar riff for Blitzkrieg Bop

-Spent the rest of my day on the internet

Awesome!

Don't forget to play the fun trivia game on here.
Lots of us do it daily.
Shows how smart we are, ya know.
Lol

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Whilst we were home last week, Hippie Ridge suffered a Forest fire on the NW corner. We were lucky. No serious damage or loss, just a few acres of underbrush and grass.
My neighbor lost a lot of pasture and some woodland but no structures.
He "borrowed my JD310 backhoe and cut a fire break.

Boy am I glad he, and my backhoe, were there.

We spent the whole day burning termite damaged lumber. Beautiful evening sunset, and then doused the fire from the tanker

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Today I went to the gym, then to church and then to a pot luck Christmas party. We drew names for gifts last month. I got a lady who works at a beauty salon. There is a nice restaurant near there so I bought her a gift card to it. I got the same present given to me from someone else, which is great. It was anonymous, so nobody knows who bought what. Great time. My neighbor is going out of town for some training at another hospital (he's a CRNA) so I asked him if he'd like to borrow a pistol for his wife because they only have one gun (weird) and he loved the idea because I let him use that pistol before to teach his wife how to shoot and she loves the gun. I live in a great neighborhood but you never know! Then did a few chores.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Fencing tournament with 3 of my High School kids at Purdue University yesterday.

Maggie, Za’Niya, Caleb & a crabby man

Attachments

• 799A980E-DB2F-4985-B42D-E104DB5C7CC0.jpeg
    799A980E-DB2F-4985-B42D-E104DB5C7CC0.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 36

J.J. McDaniels

Spent the first half of the morning working out of my F150 since my work truck went down last week because of the transmission. Went to the store, picked up a few things and threw a few burgers on the grill. Work will be no different tomorrow but at least I've got a rental reserved for at least a week until something else can be done.

echo

Trying to buy a music CD on the net.
At least they can show me what songs are on the damn CD.
I think I have bought enough dead horses in my life.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Had a good day at work. Found out our wrapping film will be late but will arrive eventually by the end of the week. We can still get our contracts done on time.

Had four new people on the lines and all worked out well. Regular management staff returns Tuesday from COVID lockdown.

We just might still pull out a good December.
I'm looking for materials and parts for the up coming three day weekend at Hippie Ridge. Hopefully I find someone who will haul gravel on to my remote location.

Crumpy will spend two days burning the ruined lumber.

J.J. McDaniels

Worked out of my personal truck today again and finished up early. Afterwards, I hitched a ride from family to pick up the rental today with little hassle. Blown transmission aside, at least things are starting to look partially normal again workwise.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
About a week ago I picked up some platform parts from a customer to make a catwalk from the install it. The handrail supplied was rough. In the end it didn't come out too bad, for chicken pie made from chicken shit. After lunch I will load it up.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Working today on projects and quotations I put off during my COVID vacation.

Also discovering any stuff pushed under the rug, so to speak, whilst I was off.

All that said, I must admit,,,; It is good to be on the green side of the sod, so to speak.

I'm pretty close to being back to normal energies and mood.

We bought Oxygen bottles a few years ago at about$1oo each.

Went to replace them today at almost $300 each. I'm gonna pass. I think we still have about five on hand. I'll chance it.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We're supposed to be getting another dump of snow tomorrow. Great! I love the snow and all but I have to bring one of the kids to the city for braces then bringing the expedition to a body shop for a quote for insurance. A deer picked a fight with it last weekend in the dark and lost. My wife was driving to get our son from work when a deer standing on the opposite shoulder of the road facing the bush did a 180 and ran across back into the front driver side.