• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today, II

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
BOOM!

This girl right here ... SILVER medal last weekend. GOLD medal today.

She is one of 'my' students. Often I pass students to other coaches, or co-coach them with another coach for more specialized training. Not this one. She is just an astounding young athlete.

tempImagePkdNR9.jpg

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
BOOM!

This girl right here ... SILVER medal last weekend. GOLD medal today.

She is one of 'my' students. Often I pass students to other coaches, or co-coach them with another coach for more specialized training. Not this one. She is just an astounding young athlete.

View attachment 141665
That's great. I hope both of you put your heart and soul into it.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
First time in weeks I have felt like eating and doing.

The yard is knee deep in leaves, The back-room deck project is on hold but also full of leaves.

Since we are doing Cracker Barrel Thanksgiving, I hope to have some yard time.

Friday I must go to Springfield and set the house for cold weather.

Bought the Christmas tree yesterday. I am assuming it will get decked whilst I'm gone.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Working on the old plow truck today. The starter went on it a few weeks ago and it was sitting there behind the garage dead in the water so I had to remove the plow and get it out of the way in order for it to be towed to the shop down the street. I did attempt to change it myself but laying on the cold damp ground with my hands up in a tight spot right behind the frame rail was slightly painful. It's back now running again. So I have to reinstall the plow and get it ready for the inevitable snow that should be coming within weeks.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Leaving shortly to pick up Dasha to bring her home for the holiday. She returns to campus on Sunday

J.J. McDaniels

Working today and I’m currently weighing the decision to work longer to take a four day Holiday. I work for myself and my hours are flexible so it shouldn’t be too hard if that’s the route I take. In all likelihood, that’s exactly what I’ll do. I don’t get much else time off other than the weekends.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Working today and I’m currently weighing the decision to work longer to take a four day Holiday. I work for myself and my hours are flexible so it shouldn’t be too hard if that’s the route I take. In all likelihood, that’s exactly what I’ll do. I don’t get much else time off other than the weekends.
Im in the same boat, also self employed. I have been working a lot myself. I have a plan to pay off my home by the end of 2022, its doable, but not much fun involved.

J.J. McDaniels

Im in the same boat, also self employed. I have been working a lot myself. I have a plan to pay off my home by the end of 2022, its doable, but not much fun involved.
I hit the floor before 2 yesterday morning to start working on some time off, and it’s almost been nonstop. I’m still working as I type this. Not much longer now, thankfully.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm up way early.
I worked from 6am-2pm yesterday, which means I was beat for the rest of the day pretty much. At least we got a nice turkey day dinner! Was in bed by 10 and zonked.
Today I'm going to shop for some last minute things I need for Christmas decorating. Black Friday shopping? No way! In the store and out (hopefully) lol

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Worked on the old plow truck yesterday. The starter went on it a few weeks ago and it was sitting there behind the garage dead in the water so I had to remove the plow and get it out of the way in order for it to be towed to the shop down the street. I did attempt to change it myself but laying on the cold damp ground with my hands up in a tight spot right behind the frame rail was slightly painful. It's back now running again. So I had to reinstall the plow and get it ready for the inevitable snow that should be coming within weeks. -13 Celsius with a windchill of -25 yesterday. With no snow, it's a little damp and chilly but I still get outside in the hot tub.

20211125_205031.jpg
20211125_205138.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Headed to the Springfield house.

Set it up for winter. Maybe do some Christmas lights

I used to go all out with Christmas decorations outside until my accident in '15. Since I couldn't do a whole bunch for a few years, I bought one of those strobe lights that lights up the house with a bunch of different colors and patterns. It lasted a whole 12 hours before someone stole it. I also had a couple inflatables that went missing one night. I decided then that I was done with decorating the house outside. Now that we live in the country and our house isn't visible from the road, I don't bother with much for decorations. This place already had a colorful strobe light to light up the house that's tied up to one of the trees near the house so I just have to run an extension cord over to it and plug it in.

We're going to attempt decorating the inside this weekend. Honestly, I just couldn't be bothered but doing it for the kids.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
same here, I have laser lights for outside, and the tree and decorations are yet to be assembled.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Today I spent most of the day casting, powder coating, cleaning brass, priming and assembling 50- 38 long colt 150 grain heeled bullet, 50- 45 long colt 250 grain bullet and 20- 45-70 405 grain bullet.
Tomorrow we are going to have a shoot O rama with the neighbors.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Dealing with a possibly broken nose today with our youngest son. He's 12. They were kinda rough playing over at a friend's house last night and another kid landed on him hitting his nose. So my wife took him in to emerg at the hospital. We live outside the city but it's only a 12 minute drive to get there. She who must be obeyed will probably be spending a few hours there to confirm our suspicion. Hopefully they'll give him a medical exemption for wearing a mask as that wouldn't be the most comfortable sitting in school for 7 hrs a day having a mask pulling tightly against a broken nose.

20211128_082605.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Dealing with a possibly broken nose today with our youngest son. He's 12. They were kinda rough playing over at a friend's house last night and another kid landed on him hitting his nose. So my wife took him in to emerg at the hospital. We live outside the city but it's only a 12 minute drive to get there. She who must be obeyed will probably be spending a few hours there to confirm our suspicion. Hopefully they'll give him a medical exemption for wearing a mask as that wouldn't be the most comfortable sitting in school for 7 hrs a day having a mask pulling tightly against a broken nose.

View attachment 141867
Aww poor thing. ❤

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter

View attachment 141867
Yep, if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tuff.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yep, if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tuff.

Lmao. Yep. So they took an x-ray but the emerg doctor couldn't tell if anything is broken. So we have to wait for the radiologist to review. Regardless if broken or not, they can't tell if surgery is required until the swelling goes down. Oh well, it'll be a fun story for him to tell later on.

Reactions: Doc

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Just got back from an event filled weekend in Springfield MO.
On the way down, about 6:00PM Cathy's minivan threw a rod.. Engine ran fine with no vibration just a loud knock. I threw a quart of engine restore jelly in, the noise got quiet, but still there. We were halfway to the bungalow so we pressed forward.
By holding the engine under 2,000 RPM's we nursed it all the way.

At the garage Saturday, Terry told me to "turn it over, I gotta hear it for myself,," then said "shut it down,,,she's toast."

I was all for a crate engine ( Jasper) and a $6,000 bill. Itis a Dodge 2002 minivan but it is a custom with only 140K on the clock.

Terry said he would quote it, made sense if we liked the car that much.

Today Crumpy changed her mind.

No, we don't need another car. I own 9 of the damn things. So, we will just tough it out.

Now, just 8.

Other than that, the weekend was awesome. Spent time at Hippie ridge, had a nice hike to the spring creek, and a sunset fire with my honey.

Last edited: