• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today, II

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Enjoying the last day of my weekend deep in thought. I used really hate Monday - simply because of my early start time in the morning for work but not as of late. It’s been fantastic these past three or four weeks now. I feel like I’ve hit a higher note lately.
I remember having that same feeling once. A long long time ago. Right after I got fired.

Had a very stressful job with an A-hole for a boss. My mother-in-law was his secretary, my wife was one of his targets for sexual harassment,andi caught him stealing wholesale from the company.

No one believed me. Except his stunningly gorgeous wife who knew he was a lying cheating jerk.

Getting fired was a relief.

My only random thought why didn't I just kill the SOB.

I remember my worried wife, who had just quit, cried "what are we gonna do"

I replied, "We are going out to dinner."

And life got better.

J.J. McDaniels

I'm trying to relax and not worry about tomorrow. I own my own business (food vendor) and I work for myself but lately, my job has become that much more stressful as of late. I've got to make an additional run early tomorrow morning before I can even go to work just to keep my customers happy when I've more often than not, only received half of what I need to make it through the work week. And honestly, I don't really think it's even possible to keep them even half way happy at this point. It's always something.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm trying to relax and not worry about tomorrow. I own my own business (food vendor) and I work for myself but lately, my job has become that much more stressful as of late. I've got to make an additional run early tomorrow morning before I can even go to work just to keep my customers happy when I've more often than not, only received half of what I need to make it through the work week. And honestly, I don't really think it's even possible to keep them even half way happy at this point. It's always something.
Customers can be a paying in the @ss

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Loading up my JD310 Backhoe for the trip to Hippie Ridge.

Finally!!!

My trailer is covered with my son's household goods, so I had to contract it out. A1 transport will be here this morning and we'll load it up and go.

I'll be in the wilderness by afternoon and unable to get any internet for three days

Plans are to spend it moving dirt. I have a prefab building coming in two weeks.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
At the gym. A buddy is having cataract surgery so I'll be giving him a ride home and an American Legion meeting after that.

PGBC

Heading out of town until Wednesday evening.

Small cabin. No internet. No cellphone service.

Hot tub. Fire pit. Charcoal grill. Walking path through the woods that leads to a winery that offers free samples.

I just got back last night, from 3 days at a similar cabin, minus the winery. It had a small tv, and the q channel it did receive, was so fuzzy it was hard to see, we turned it on just to try it.
No radio, no internet, no cell service. Five minutes walk to a river with good fly fishing. We took our dirt bikes, explored many trails, spent evenings in the hot tub, it was just my daughter and I , what a fabulous little get away.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Loading up my JD310 Backhoe for the trip to Hippie Ridge.

Finally!!!

My trailer is covered with my son's household goods, so I had to contract it out. A1 transport will be here this morning and we'll load it up and go.

I'll be in the wilderness by afternoon and unable to get any internet for three days

Plans are to spend it moving dirt. I have a prefab building coming in two weeks.
Well, I guess I'm not going today. Transport company dropped the ball and there is no truck coming.

Shortage of drivers and rapidly rising fuel costs means a deal made two weeks ago cannot be met. Not sure how this will turnout. But likely another two or three hundred bucks will be needed to make the deal work. Before you ask, I do have a quote in writing and I believe a down payment made.

I also have a deadline to meet.
We shall see how this goes.

I'm not really surprised or pissed about the money. They should have called me to inform. They didn't

Funny thing is, with the difficulty at the other end ( really bad roads) I planned to hand the driver a nice, off the books, $200 tip. I guess we won't be able to call it a "Gratuity"

Last edited:

J.J. McDaniels

Just walked in for the day. I'm going to chill for the rest of the day. Tomorrow will be longer by comparison as will Thursday. The impromptu meeting I had today with store management wasn't as bad as thought. We're approaching the Holiday season so their attention has been deviated for now and it's water under the bridge if I can get more product on a weekly basis. I can only do so much.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Just contracted with another company. Pickup Saturday10/23 and delivery that day. $200 bucks cheaper.

Depending on how helpful he is, and how ear up the gravel he will go, I'll likely be tipping the driver the difference.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Just contracted with another company. Pickup Saturday10/23 and delivery that day. $200 bucks cheaper.

Depending on how helpful he is, and how ear up the gravel he will go, I'll likely be tipping the driver the difference.
Now that I am home from my work cabin, in the next couple days I will take some pictures of your new boat.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Now that I am home from my work cabin, in the next couple days I will take some pictures of your new boat.
I've got a 2005 Jeep Cherokee fresh from the dealer service who has had it for months. Currently on the auction block.
Red with a sun roof, all new drive train, tires and shocks.

Great shape. Otherwise, the kitten thing did not go over well.

At any rate, looking forward to pictures.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looking at the weather and what we have left to harvest, we have been shutting down and going home at around 6:00 for several nights now.
Since we have been at it for 7 days a week for 4 weeks, I figure time to slow a bit and enjoy a small part of the day before dark. I get my 1.5 mile brisk walk in that way as well. My dog Milo is very happy with this new turn of events. My help is happy about this as well. Makes it more enjoyable for all involved. :)

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Running out of time, lifespan, and patience.
Original truck line called and said they would be here today. I told them to shove it.
"But you signed a contract!"

"Yeah, and your agent cancelled it yesterday when he claimed the quoted price was too low."

I never saw a NEW contract so I put it out for bid again and signed a deal.

I have underbid contracts a few times myself. It happens. But, one has to have integrity so,,,; I ate it every time.

J.J. McDaniels

Just walked in for the day. Truck was about 8-12 hours late today but the company is shorthanded at the moment so I suspect they've put bigger workloads onto the remaining drivers. A shorter day like today was is fine, but not when you lose $$$$$ on it.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Took my son's car to get an oil change and a rad flush this morning. Then got a call from mom saying dad's truck was ready so I drove out to get it and bring it over to the shop where it'll live until it either sells or? Then we used it to haul their 24ft car hauler to a repair shop to take care of a few maintenance items dad didn't get to before he passed.

Afterwards I came home and went to work with some modifications to the side by side. I had some 12x12" plexiglass cut to extend the doors up to hopefully prevent me from getting covered in mud. I also picked up a transport truck mudflap and cut it into strips and mounted them as fender flares.

Attachments

• 20211021_152054.jpg
    20211021_152054.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 33

PGBC

I was on call from 6pm last night, till 4am for my coworker who needed that shift off, he had been scheduled for. Then my previously scheduled shift was from 4am till 2pm today, which i did as well. Thankfully last night was slow, and the tech only called me 8 times while on call. Can see my ass going to bed early tonight.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I was on call from 6pm last night, till 4am for my coworker who needed that shift off, he had been scheduled for. Then my previously scheduled shift was from 4am till 2pm today, which i did as well. Thankfully last night was slow, and the tech only called me 8 times while on call. Can see my ass going to bed early tonight.
What do you do for work? I'm a retired field service engineer, meaning I worked on ATMs, network and other electronics shit. Sounds like yours is something similar.