• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today, II

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We didn't make it to the accident scene. Instead, we went to empty dads personal possessions from the transport then went to the funeral home to begin planning for the service next week.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Heading back to the Springfield Bungalow with my girl. Weekend of romance if we are not too tired after working the Hippie ridge project.

Plans are to clear the space for the bunkhouse since Cathy decided to move the location of the damn thing ,,,again.

If third time is the charm, we are way past charming. However, once I move rock dirt, heaven and earth, I do hope she settles on a permanent place.

We are leaving tonite and be back Monday evening.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I did something I'd never done until today. I rode my honda goldwing trike
in a VFW ride to support injured veterans. Similar to a poker run but they used dice instead. You rolled 3 die at each of the 5 stops and logged your total. At the end they add up your five scores. Highest score wins top prize. Lowest score got the 2nd place.
We rode over 160 miles of beautiful back roads. Truly enjoyed the ride.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
2 buddies and I have rooms at a hotel on Lake Okoboji in northern Iowa. We've known each other since we were 7 years old. We get together once a year here. It's always fun.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I got invited to be a guest fencing coach for the Bradley University Fencing Club today. Planning to go to their October 5th practice. If it all works out I will take some of my fencing club members with me so we can coach and practice all 3 weapons.

But as for today, mostly I spend time with Kobe today as a babysitter. I did take Kobe and the lovely Mrs_Bob out to lunch today to a local restaurant. Had a fried catfish sandwich. Kobe had some soup and some avocado. Not sure that my wife actually was able to eat much more than the tater-tots that were on her plate as she seemed busy tying to occupy the baby.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Needed to escape and clear my head so I loaded up the side by side and headed to the bush to go riding for a couple hours. It didn't help.
Big hugs to you Brian.
You know over time, this hurt is going to heal.
When we're going through it, it sure feels like it won't.
I've been busy picking up shifts here and there at work.
We're on lockdown again because of one dietary worker testing positive for covid.
She was fully vaccinated.
Ugh...🙄😡
I know I speak for everyone when I say, let's get back to NORMAL - whatever that is.
It's been raining non-stop since yesterday afternoon.
4.9 inches of rain in the forecast.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
What ever I do today it has to be better than yesterday. Yesterday morning I was headed out to do some work on the boat. My primary pickup started hesitating while driving then quit at the stop sign, check engine light came on as well as an extra traction control light that has never been there. Did some reading and I think that is where the problem is. It will re start but before you can go anywhere it quits. I have to get it to the dealer on Friday. It was hot next to a cow pasture and there were flies everywhere, the tow truck took 2 hours to get to me. Made for a bad day. As soon as got it home the FFL called and my BFR showed up and had to go do the gun safety test- $25.00, transfer $50.00 and the FFL receiving fee $50.00 and took 2 hours to get it all done. Now I have to wait 10 days for the background check to pick it up. This one almost went to rants and raves.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Working on the deck rehab at home. The boss keeps making suggestions and I keep swallowing and being patient. My employment as a husband is under contract but the fringe benefits are extra, so patience is required.

We are adding a pie shaped addition to the 12 foot end of the deck. I have no means of support other than engineering a cantilever frame. About four additional hours. But she is right, it will make a huge difference in the available space. And frankly it ties the angle of the back of the house together.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Got a flat tire today on the wife's SL. I was waiting until next year to get new tires. They had planty of tread, but oldies. Car is 17 years old and only has 83,000 on it. Side wall blew out. Glad it wasn't highway. Of course, it blew out on a rainy day. My luck.
Got Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 coming. 285-35/18 and 235/40/18.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Took Kobe to the hospital with a fever of 104.1

He was acting pretty normal today, just maybe a little quieter than normal. We decided to take his temp about 4pm just in case there might be an issue? We were not expecting the results we got. Normally we meet his grandmother at 5pm on Wednesdays and she takes him until Sunday evening. Tonight she met us at the hospital.

Turns out it was not a big deal???

We gave him Motrin right after we took his temperature and drove straight to the hospital. It dropped from 104.1 to 102.6 by the time we arrived at the hospital. They immediately gave him Tylenol. Then they took a bunch of tests. Couple hours later he was released and grandma took him home. Instructions are to alternate Tylenol & Motrin.

Basically they said he has an undetermined virus.

Thursday morning we get up and drive to Notre Dame. We are taking winter clothes to Dasha and will be going out to lunch with her then heading back home after lunch. I have to help teach a fencing class at the club Thursday evening.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I went to physio yesterday for some attention on my back. Then went to mom's to help out. Plans are set for dads funeral. We worked at cleaning up his shop as we're using it as a drop in place after the funeral. I am seriously getting fed up with the stupid idiotic covid rules currently in place. I can go to a race track with 5000 people packed into the grandstands like sardines for 8 hours. But we can't have more than 40 people at dad's funeral in a chapel designed for 300. I can go to church now but we all have to be 6 feet apart and wear masks but once the service is over, we can leave the church, walk across the street and sit down together without masks at the same table to eat. It's pure bullsh-t.

So because of covid. We have to have a wake on Saturday for 2 hours. Then another visitation for an hour before the service Sunday. And limited seating for the supper afterwards. So we cleaned up dads shop and will be hosting a drop in time to come pay respects.

I spent some time yesterday cleaning up dads Harley as we're going to use it as a display for after the service.
20210922_130618.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I lit a fire yesterday afternoon and kept it going all day. I sat there alone for hours reflecting on my dad and what he meant to us. Sometimes I just need to stop and smell the roses so to speak.

We had my family over for a BBQ and evening fire which was a nice relaxing distraction from the funeral preparations.

20210923_200457.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
.........We're on lockdown again because of one dietary worker testing positive for covid.
She was fully vaccinated.
Ugh...🙄😡
I know I speak for everyone when I say, let's get back to NORMAL - whatever that is.........
No one is being "fully vaccinated"

It's not really a vaccine.

It is sad to hear when someone got the shot and still gets sick. I have to wonder if our new leadership is even considering a push for a real vaccine.

We cannot achieve "herd immunity" without having a real immunity.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Coffee. Coffee. More Coffee. Then I will start the day today.

Yesterday after returning from our visit to see Dasha, I cut, sanded, stained and started to varnish a new shelf for Melen to mount her microwave. I used Aspen wood, which is a little lighter than whatever wood her cabinets are made from but I mixed up some tint to get it stained up to a honey color that almost perfectly matches her cabinetry.

Then off to the fencing club for our beginner class's first lesson. Record class size, we had 23 people show up! There were 6 coaches and it was a packed room.

After the club I stopped at my local adult beverage emporium and sat in the back room with the owner for about an hour, sampling various bottles. I also picked up a very special bottle ... my annual Old Forester Birthday Bourbon. I heard that there were only 84 bottle available in the state. Bottles resell on the secondary market for about $1000 each. But if you have an honest retail who will save you a bottle, it has an MSRP of $199. I get 1 bottle a year, open it up on my birthday.

It was 67 and sunny at home, 45 and raining at Notre Dame. We delivered Dasha's winter clothes, had a nice lunch and a great talk with her. And we posed for 'our photo' which we take in the same spot on campus each time we visit.

tempImagest2uUB.jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Fencing tournament today. I actually went to meet the new Saber coach at Northwestern University, he and I have traded some messages over the last competition season but our paths had never crossed. My co-coach was fencing in a tournament at Northwestern so I figured it was a good opportunity to meet up with the new N.U. saber coach. My co-coach earned a bronze medal in the event. Worked out well for both of us. She is on the far right in the photo below.

tempImagez0B0Ib.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, we had dad's funeral yesterday. It was nice to get some closure.

They say things come in 3. Well, my friend and band mate passed in January. We had her funeral 2 weeks ago on Saturday. On the following Monday, dad passed away suddenly. We did dad's funeral yesterday. Last night at 3am, our adopted daughters biological grandfather passed away. We knew him and had welcomed him into our family and had a good relationship with him. So now we move on to mourning grampa as well as my dad and my friend. We knew he was in palliative care and was nearing the end of life but it doesn't make it easier.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
After the kids left for school, I decided that I need some "me" time and went to the bush to look for birds. Got 2. I just needed to be where I can get my head on straight again. It didn't work but was nice to get out. Then I headed over to mom's to haul back their older fifth wheel trailer to my place to sell for her so she doesn't have to worry about it anymore. They had just bought it this summer to travel to the races in the area and take it out fishing. Only used it once before dad passed.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Paperwork Tuesday, the Nissan dealer called and the repair on my truck will be about $850.00 total so I told them to fix it. Happy I took it in as the problem turned out to be a camshaft position sensor and the battery. The battery was starting it just fine, but they said when they start deteriorating it causes the computer to throw codes?? Anyway I would have put a lot of parts on it before I figured it out.

J.J. McDaniels

It's a little after 6PM here and I got home from work less than two hours ago after getting started at about 5 in the morning. Tomorrow will be very much the same but at least the weekend is almost here. I'm planning on taking a three day weekend and I'll be cooking on Friday and spend some more time with my family - my adopted brother, sister and my dad.