• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today, II

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's been stormy today.
Here are some photos of a micro burst storm that hit a town 20 miles south east of here.
Deshler, Ohio.
Nice little farming community with a nice church, Immaculate Conception.

20210707_201106.jpg
FB_IMG_1625702418068.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I've been out in the bush 3.5 hrs away camping and fishing for 4 days. Fishing was alright but nothing like when we normally go in may when the season opens.

For the second year in a row covid restrictions put a stop to our annual fishing trip. The government consulted with their "experts" who all agreed that it's too dangerous to camp out in the middle of nowhere hours away from people as we may get covid from a squirrel or tweety bird so they placed a ban on crown land camping making it illegal.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I've been out in the bush 3.5 hrs away camping and fishing for 4 days. Fishing was alright but nothing like when we normally go in may when the season opens.

For the second year in a row covid restrictions put a stop to our annual fishing trip. The government consulted with their "experts" who all agreed that it's too dangerous to camp out in the middle of nowhere hours away from people as we may get covid from a squirrel or tweety bird so they placed a ban on crown land camping making it illegal.
Im sorry.

I just checked my orders from 4WheelOnline just to see if the product is of good quality. I plan to install these automotive accessories over the weekend.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I PUT IN 12 HOURS YESTERDAY.
I cannot believe how much I hurt today. I used to do 16 hour days all the time. Must be getting old, or lazy.

Customer is coming in today on our big fruit cup line. I gotta' clean the place up a little. Especially my desk which I know exists somewhere's under a pile of papers, samples ,and coffee cups.

We have to pass on a big job for POKEMON. Incredibly complicated, Large quantities and high security levels. They were begging me to take it in. Or,,, selling them one of my lines so they could do it themselves. They are now willing to pay our price.

We are so busy I don' have the time or inclination to do either. Besides, it would put us at risk for meeting contracts from regular customers.

We don't do that.

It's a project we bid on last Spring and were told we were too high. Lowest bidder got the job and has failed to perform. There is always someone who will do a job for less. Companies that select on the basis of lowest bid deserve what they get when the sh!t hits the fan.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Put in another 12 hours Saturday. Whilst there, my box supplier stopped by on his way to his Silex Mo hunting cabin.

Doug has become a good friend over our 30 years of doing business. I told him about our Hippie Ridge project hand the 32'X14' prefab cabin we are having placed.

We bought a simple box with the lowest price package, one door and two windows. I told him of our plans to modify it and finish the inside as a Bunkhouse cabin. I mentioned installing some old windows I had salvaged years ago. He offered some original build double hung windows, virtually new. Four @ 60" X 30", one at 60" X 108 ", one at 60" X 60", and one at 64" X60". All are double pane vinyl framed widow sets ready to be nailed up to the studs.

All for free. He was rehabing is father's house when his dad passed away.

To this assemble, I will be adding two 60" X 84" sliding glass windows that match the vinyl construction of what he offered.

We unloaded them today at my packaging plant. Stored at his woodland farm for a few years, they need power washing.

So the 32'X14' basic box will be covered in thermo-pane glass windows.
I'm also changing out the simple basic 36" front door for a 60," double front entry, slab glass door set.
I'm not sure where all these glass panels are going but the wife will soon tell me.

Just a slight upgrade from the Crocodile Dundee shack I originally envisioned.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Went to the Clay County Iowa sheriff's office and delivered a proclamation from a conservative group here stating that we would stand with and help the sheriff in case of any emergency. I wanted to give it directly to him but the "gatekeeper" said she would give it to him. Well, I'll meet him another time. I've only been here a month so a lot to come. Then I did some shopping and chores before I went to the bar. Interesting that a retired deputy was in the bar. He said the sheriff is great so that is good to know.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It's going to be a hot one today. The sky is very smoky from all the forest fires. We haven't had any rain in weeks. A few communities have already been evacuated and others are on standbye. The sky is a hazy grey. I can smell the smoke in the air and my eyes are burning.

We're at camp for the weekend. There's a fire ban which I'm personally fine with at it's dry. Yesterday we had sprinklers going on the road to cut down on the dust.

20210716_210538.jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Kobe had his first OVERNIGHT visit with his grandmother last night. The lovely Mrs_Bob is picking him up right now from the meeting point.

This afternoon we have friends coming over for a pool day, food and to talk about a 2 family trip to the UK for next year, but it is overcast and not looking great for swimming. Its warm enough but its just not nice outside.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It's beautiful here in St Peter's MO. 70 F and puffy clouds. Slight breeze.
The wife and I went out on the back porch about 8:00 for morning coffee and bird watching. It's been very pleasant. So much so it's afternoon, and aside from brewing three pots of coffee, we have not done squat all morning

I'll be cutting and putting up 10" cedar siding on the bedroom bump out today. About time as I built that bump out two years ago. I even primed and painted the cedar back then, so all I have to do is cut and nail it up.

Some caulk and touch up paint ,the light fixture, still in the box, and wallah!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Got most of the siding up. Tomorrow we have some deck work to do. Whilst at Home Depot for some deck screws, , we bought 6 bumndles of architectural shingles to start the reroofing of our St Peter's home. About 24 squares.

I did the roof myself some 25 years ago with standard three-tab shingle. This time we want the architectural look. Back them the three-tab bundles weighed in at 60 Lbs. So imagine my surprise when I lifted a bale of the architectural. I thought something was wrong with me. I mean I could barely lift then onto my shoulder. Going up the ladder was brutal and flipping them off the shoulder was painful.

I'm thinking my age is finally catching up. But when I looked on google I found the weight per bundle was 100 Lbs. Quite a relief to know I haven't yet become a helpless wimpy old fart, yes, but now I am exhausted.
After all,,,,;
I have 66 more of these puppies to load onto the roof.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The new shingles weigh a lot more, but are supposed to last longer!

Good luck with the lifting!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to replace a "few" deck boards today. The deck is about 10 years old. Completely built with treated lumber. To be honesst,i didn't put down a sealer or stain so no surprise there was some weathering and soft spots in the decking. Image my surprise when I pulled back the old deck tofind the frame also rotted. Treated 2X12'S covered in white fungus and completely compromised.

I always overbuild. Hence the 2X12's

This lumber was the first generation of treated woods after the government banned the Wholmanizing process. It seemed kids might die if they chewed on playground equipment made from the lumber treated with the wholmanized process. Wholmanizing contains arsenic.

Though no kids had ever died, it was a considered a dangerous product and banned.

This lumber was from LOWES and/or Home Depot. I now only buy treated from Menards. Theirs is guaranteed not to rot. And the decking is 1/4"thicker. Or Yellow wood, if I can afford it.

At any rate, I have to treat the entire frame, joists and foundation ribbon. The foundation is concrete wall set 36" in the ground and 11" wide. I could build an addition on it. The inner floor is concrete with a drain. That drain fouled and some standing water may have created the dampness but no how no way should white fungus be compromising the structure.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The lovely Mrs_Bob and I took baby Kobe to Chinatown in Chicago. We picked up Melen too. Did some sightseeing and ate Dim Sum. Shockingly there was no shopping! I should say there was shopping but there was no buying. So I got off cheap. We had a very nice day.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Been working on the fifth wheel camper for 2 days. It had a couple of soft spots in the floor. But the floor isn't wood but instead is a laminated composite material designed to be lighter. No wondering the thing only weighs 5000lbs dry. So I added 1/4 inch plywood and composite click flooring. I'm in the process of installing pvc corner round moldings to finish it off.

20210719_092904-jpg.138863
20210719_142006.jpg
20210720_145617.jpg

Attachments

• 20210719_092904.jpg
    20210719_092904.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 164

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Recovering from dehydration and messed up blood work results.
I mean really?? I'm a nurse, how do these things happen? Lol

Doctor's orders-
100 ounces a day of water.
4000 units of D3
Up my potassium
And now I'm on a low dose statin.
It's amazing how just drinking enough fluids can make such a difference in one day.
.... and I know better.
??

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Recovering from dehydration and messed up blood work results.
I mean really?? I'm a nurse, how do these things happen? Lol

Doctor's orders-
100 ounces a day of water.
4000 units of D3
Up my potassium
And now I'm on a low dose statin.
It's amazing how just drinking enough fluids can make such a difference in one day.
.... and I know better.
??
I'm glad your health is okay. I have a friend who is an orthopedic surgeon. She really pushes D3, so you're doing good.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I am laughing hard at our USA women's soccer team's humiliating loss to Sweden! :thumbup:

Anyone who takes a knee during our national anthem honoring BLM idiots are the real idiots!! :thumbup:

Thank you Sweden for destroying these useless idiots.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
My sons pickup got a rod knock the 16th of last month, he ordered a long block from autozone that was suppose to show up in 6 days, then 14 days then then then it just showed up yesterday. He could have had the machine work done on his old motor and rebuilt it himself and been driving already at half the cost. Now is in the shop thrashing all weekend.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We spent last weekend at our seasonal site as we do every weekend. Came back on Sunday and finished packing up the fifth wheel to head out for 3 nights camping at a provincial park with my inlaws a 2 5 hr drive away from home. My wife drove her vehicle hauling the boat so we could go fishing.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Went to the gym, did some grocery shopping, took a scenic drive and a political meeting this evening.