• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today, II

norscaner

Bought a good used 5th wheel camper to replace the truck camper we sold last week. My parents bought it a few weeks ago to replace their truck camper to use for remote fishing and shorter trips. But they decided that they wanted something with a slide out. It's older but in good shape. Nothing fancy. Small enough to tow behind the f150 and haul the boat behind it. I'm getting a 5th wheel hitch installed on Tuesday.

View attachment 137257
LOL at "used for remote fishing"

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
LOL at "used for remote fishing"
Every may long weekend, we head up to geraldton 3 hrs away and go approximately 30km north of there down an old logging road where we camp on crown land for 4-5 days near a lake where we go fishing. It's one of those lakes where you can catch your limit in 20 minutes then spend the day fishing for size.

My brother races the dirt tracks in Fort frances, Kenora, and Winnipeg. So we wanted something smaller to ve able to load up and travel over to watch throughout the summer as well.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
We baby sat my Grandson last night while the daughter and her fiancé had a night alone for a change.
What a perfect little boy. slept all night and woke up smiling and happy. :)
And we received a good bit of much needed rain as well.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Been working my ass off the past 2 days. Literally, it's gone. Even my belt won't hold my pants up anymore. Helped a friend move into a new rental unit but half her stuff was at her old place and some at a storage locker and some at her boyfriend's place. So that meant driving around the city everywhere in a cube van they rented.
Yesterday we were beat by the afternoon so I came home and got to work on the new used fifth wheel. Of course course I had to take it for it's maiden voyage behind the truck to see how it handled. It did alright but I did have to adjust the hitch when I got back as it was sitting a bit too close to the box sides. Today, I'm replacing the interior front panel with some tongue and groove pine.
20210512_143931.jpg

There's no water damage or rot but someone else had already replaced the front inside panel and frankly, it looks like crap. So it's been removed and is getting new pine installed today. We're also changing the mattress.

IMG_09601.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday I drove to Notre Dame with a bunch of empty boxes for Dasha so she could begin to pack up her dorm room. ND's finals begin Friday/Saturday and end on May 19th. Move out day is May 20. Dasha's last final is May 19 at 4pm. But she has a couple reading days now so I figured it would be good to get her started. I got her winter clothes, fencing gear and several boxes go misc college junk. It will make move out day go much quicker!

Returned home about 5:15pm, changed and rode my motorcycle to the fencing club four our novice championship event. Mu students took 1st, 3rd(Tied), 5th and 6th places.

Today is babysitting day with Kobe. The lovely Mrs_Bob is spending the day with her sister. At lunchtime Kobe and I will meet with our agency case worker, not even sure why she is coming but I have some paperwork to hand off to her. Should be a short meeting, they typically last about 15 minutes. Weather looks to be sunny and reasonably warm (mid-60's this afternoon) so Kobe and I will probably go out for a walk in his stroller.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I spent the whole day outside working on the camper. I began by cutting the pine to size then applying a coat of clear varnish.

20210513_092532.jpg

Next, I turned my attention to painting the frame at the front and bumper at the back.

20210513_110032.jpg
20210513_121955.jpg

After that was done, I went back and gave the wood a second coat of varnish. By then it was lunch time. After a quick break, I turned my attention to the bathroom in the hall where I removed the sink and counter in preparation for the new quartz counters coming tomorrow.

After removing the counter I returned to the camper to install the wood inside.
20210513_143428.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
On my way to Springfield tonight. Tomorrow is the only day with sun in the forecast and I need to put down gravel on the new road into the Hippie Ridge Ranch. Saturday is rain off and on so I'll be finishing the foundation deck for the new barn/storage shed we ordered for the Springfield house.. They promised five week delivery so I best get it done.

Sunday is also supposed to be wet but I think I'll be out at the ranch moving the old tractor and retaining wall out of the way for the new Bunkhouse. We ordered it as well with a five week lead time. 14' X 32" I need to set aside one weekend to jack up the old Mallard RV, change some of the tires and then and get it out of the way as well. See you all again next Monday

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
You sound busy. Tomorrow is going to be busy as we're finally getting a bunch of final renos in the house completed. Bathtoom counters in 2 bathrooms. 3 new sinks and taps. A 10 ft bank of cabinets in the kitchen and counter on that. Then I have to install all the faucets. But then I will get a break Saturday by going to camp for the day for another work project. I have no clue how I had time to work before?

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Worked a couple hours in the shop, The big fabrication job is now complete, with a little to do in the field next week. Now today I started the 2 months that I am behind on the property, house and yard maintenance. Also plan to make a work cabin trip next week, I haven't been there since December.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Kobe looks like he's enjoying his day. Lol

I ended up out at camp last night. Up at 6:20am. Dumped the sewage. Drove back to town. And got to work hooking up the sinks and faucets in two bathrooms. I'm exhausted.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Soaking rain all day Saturday so we just stayed in the bungalow and watched Gunsmoke episodes from season 3, 4 & 5
But I did replace the water line into the Bungalow and the leaking galley faucet.

Sunday was so wet we didn't even try the roads into Hippie ridge.
Grandkids called complaining that Jessie had a fever, cough and lost his sense of taste. So we scooted home early to get him tested Sunday afternoon for COVID-19. This is the third time for him. He always tested negative before.

And he did so again.

Instead, it is a massive ear infection

Teddy is complaining of stomach cramps again. Most likely Ovarian cists again. So that means more time at the doctor for her as well.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I swear the work never stops. I hit the ground running this morning and by 7am had a picnic table loaded onto the trailer and on my way to camp for a quick pitstop to drop it off at a friend's site then continued on another 10 km to an abandoned gravel pit that still has a large pile of crushed gravel. I quickly loaded up about a half of trailer full and headed back home.

While I was gone (2hr drive to and from camp), a load of a gravel for the driveway by the garage was delivered and partially spread while it was dumped. So as soon as I got home, I shifted gears and used the side by side to move 13 loads from a pile to where I wanted it. Yes, all shoveled by hand. After I was done moving as much as I could, I grabbed the plow truck to spread it out evenly. That brought me to 1pm. Time for lunch and a hot tub then back to work offloading the crushed gravel we needed for a base for the planter boxes I built in the fall. At some point today I have to go to the dump.
20210518_105938.jpg
20210518_125618.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes. I shoveled all that gravel by hand. My buddy down the road does have a smaller kubota front end loader with a backhoe attachment. I asked him to help but he was busy with it digging a 100ft trench to bury a water line out to his greenhouse. Eventually I plan on getting one with a mower attachment to replace the Jacobsen.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So yesterday was supposed to be a "I'm a hurting unit and need to recover" kind of day until my neighbor messaged me saying that he was done for the day with the tractor if I wanted to borrow it. A few minutes later I was bringing the kubota back to my place where I got to work. First, I filled each planter with a couple inches of crushed gravel then about 15" of premix soil. Then I tackled the ground level garden by first scraping down about 8" to remove grass in a 12x12' section then moved around 20" x 12x12' of the premix and spread it.

It's raining today so not much is getting done outside. We need the rain though as we had a 120 hectare forest fire only miles up the road just the other day.

20210519_163937.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Got the truck emptied out, grabbed some packing tape and ratchet straps, drinking my coffee now. Departing for Notre Dame shortly to pick up Dasha from campus to bring her back home. She will stay with us until Monday evening when she flies off to Kiev and her real home.

If I am smart I will also take a bottle of Aleve for my muscles and some ear plugs to block out the Russian music she plays, loudly. Typically she talks louder, so I can hear her, over the thumping of her Russian electro-punk music while she asks if i am enjoying the song. Fortunately she doesn't do that in the house.

Maybe I'll just pull the fuse for the radio?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Day 2 of much needed rain. Not much on the agenda today as everything I have to do is outside. One nice thing about winter....if it's snowing, I can still get things done outside without getting soaked.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Grocery shopping.
I'm probably the most frequent shopper at Chief supermarket.
Other than that, I'm staying in and staying cool.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Plans are to assemble my new Oklahoma Joe's smoker pit tonight.

I have brat and beef sausages to do on the old BBQ for dinner tonite.
Then pack it up for a trip to the Bungalow next week.

I've got three roasts and a pork loin coming out of the freezer to smoke all day Saturday whilst I do yardwork.

That pile of deck lumber in my garden needs to be cut and used to replace the old deck.

Several flats of annuals are climbing out of the trays. I'll get them in this weekend.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I had to postpone the work cabin trip after checking the weather, rain all weekend and snow above 5000' wtf its the end of May

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It was still raining this morning until the sun came out and quickly dried up the lawn. So I headed to the city to get a few things and came back to do a quick oil change on the Jacobsen mower then mowed the lawn.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We had some extra dirt left in the pile so I borrowed the kubota again and widened the garden by almost double. The first section is already planted. Cucumbers peas carrots beans zucchini and a few other veggies. We'll also be doing tomatoes. I scraped down about 6" then brought up the dirt. The top layer I scraped off was reused to fill in between the drive to the garage and the tree line.

20210522_145508.jpg
20210522_145525.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
My Granddaughter Kasey graduates next Sunday.
Her original plan was to stick with being an EMT/Firefighter.
Now she's asking me about being a nurse.
Go for it kiddo.
You've already got the basics under your belt.
My Grandchild wants to follow in my footsteps!!
I gave her reference names and locations in Defiance to apply to start clinicals.
I'm smiling!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Spent the day moving deck lumber I bought two years ago. Glad I did because prices have gone through the roof. But it is in the way so I moved it today near the saw so I can cut and install in this week.
Meanwhile the area it occupied is to be sodded and cleanup. The chopping block is an old 40" diameter oak stump in the middle of a 15' circle. I'll leave it with bark chips but circle the area with sod.

After clearing and grading the area I laid 15 pieces of sod. I'm beat.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm beat too, Francis.. and it's only past 10pm.
?
Guess I'll sign off and find a movie to watch.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Wife and I sat on the back porch for hours with a fire going and the trickling water fall lulling us into sleep mode.
Just holding hands and cuddling close.
She is such a peach with which to live now. We are on a constant honeymoon.