• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today, II

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I had installed a rear seat on the camp golf cart last summer but with a couple people on the back, it was bottoming out over bumps. So I ordered a set of heavy duty rear springs. They arrived yesterday so I spent the morning installing them. Now my wife is making custom graphics to install on it before I bring it out to camp for the summer.

20210430_105055.jpg
20210430_104703.jpg
20210430_122441.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I need to create side takes for my new 24' flatbed trailer with a hydraulic dump bed. I'll be using 2X4's for the stakes and 5/4 decking for the side boards. I will then cut 4X4's to fit across the bed and use them and wheel stops when hauling vehicles.
Drive screws into the ends through the side boars and the vehicle is secured from rolling font to back. Add 16' 2X4's screwed to the top on either side of the vehicle wheels. That secures it side to side.

Chain it down with tensioners and the vehicle is securely going nowhere.

If I extend the sideboards up 24" high I can use the trailer as a bulk hauler for gravel, sand and even mulches.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So for my excitement today I installed a toilet in the guest apartment.

This a one of those elongated bowl + tall "accessible height" thrones. I'd never removed, nor installed one before so it was new to me. Was easier than I figured. I was missing one connection hose, so that required a trip to the store. But otherwise not nearly the "project" that I was expecting it would be.

The toilet is the tallest toilet known to mankind. Honestly too tall for me. It is 21" to the seat. The ADA complaint toilets are in the 17.5 to 19" to the top of the seat. A regular height is a couple inches shorter than the ADA 'accessible. But as my sister in law lives in the apartment, and as she has trouble getting up/down, my wife thought that this oversized throne was the most suitable.

And it has the built in bidet lid, which, when I tested it, sprayed water across the room and out the window on the opposing wall! I'm sure children (of all ages) will have fun with this add on feature.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Got the side stakes done on the trailer today. I cannot believe the effort wore me out.

Took a shower ,did new York strips over hickory for dinner with mashed potatoes, broccoli, sugared carrot and asparagras
Going to bed now so I can wake at O' Dark Thirty and head for Walnutport PA. 15 hour drive straight through.

After we load the machine on the trailer I'm heading to Ivyland PA ( near Philly)to puck up a load of wrapping film. The shipping lines are so overloaded right now it will take 10 days to get it to St. Louis. Like it did last month. Our plant goes down on Wednesday if I don't have it in Wentzville Mo.

I won't be posting until Wednesday night.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been worried since Thursday morning ever since my eldest son Jeff was diagnosed with what can be technically called heart failure.
He's been experiencing an arrhythmia, or as he described it- fluttering.
His doc set him up with a cardio appointment and they found his ejection fraction was at 38.
Of course I freaked out and haven't slept much at all.
After looking at his chart online, then speaking to some very knowledgeable nurses who know more than I, he's going to be put on a low dose ACE inhibitor and has been advised to watch his diet (sodium!).. stop the damn energy drinks and get more active.
We're not sure yet, but it's thought that he suffered a silent heart attack at some point.
So it's back to the cardiologist tomorrow morning and we'll go from there.
I had lunch with him today and he seemed fine.
Mama Bear worries about everything.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Took all my tax information to my accountant today, he will prepare my taxes. I'm pretty sure I will pay. I always pay. It's just the way of the world. They take my money.

I also went to the butcher shop and picked up an order that we placed with them. Basically re-filled the freezer, beef and pork.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Not a whole lot going on today. I did head out and took the cover off the boat, installed the batteries, opened up the Bimini roof. Then hooked up the lawn sweeper to the Jacobsen tractor and cruised around for a while picking up leaves, dead grass and misc debris in the yard.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Took all my tax information to my accountant today, he will prepare my taxes. I'm pretty sure I will pay. I always pay. It's just the way of the world. They take my money.

I also went to the butcher shop and picked up an order that we placed with them. Basically re-filled the freezer, beef and pork.
We did ours last week. Well, my wife did it as that's her expertise since she works for the cra (Canada revenue agency or the Canadian version of the IRS). Her department is the one that calls you when you haven't filed your taxes in years and works with you to get them in. So she knows what she's doing and how to best enter the numbers for a sizeable return. We usually get money back every year. This year, let's just say that it's enough to pay our annual camp fees for the year and allow her to take July and August off without pay. We've worked out the finances so that she never has to work a summer again.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We'll, It's Wednesday night and I made it back in one piece. The Wife spent all four days in the truck cab with me and ,,,,, WE ARE SILL MARRIED>!!!

The Doboy Machine was in the condition I expected but they had already prepared and disassembled it so loading was easy.

Ran into some rain on the way down to Philly to load film. I don't think it hurt anything on the machine. We put 1,800 lbs of wrapping film on the truck and headed for home. Spent Tuesday night in Wheeling W Virginia. Lovely evening, Longhorn Steakhouse, some Glenlivet neat and had a good night's rest.

Altogether 2,018 miles in the new (to us)'97 3500 Dodge Ramm dually. Except for acceleration up a entrance ramp, it performed very well. Several steep grades brought it down to 55MPH but then I had 15K Lbs on and with the trailer and about 2K Lbs in the truck. Most every truck on those hills with us was doing the same.

15 MPG, Diesel, not too bad.

It is gonna feel good to sleep in my own bed again.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We'll, It's Wednesday night and I made it back in one piece. The Wife spent all four days in the truck cab with me and ,,,,, WE ARE SILL MARRIED>!!!
Congrats!

We just celebrated our 36th Anniversary, but never locked her in the truck with me for 4 days in a row. So you clearly got me beat.

Bit of a hectic day here, got up and started cleaning the house. Dept of Child Services was scheduled to show up at lunch time, our regular case worker + her brand new supervisor. Kobe has been running a fever for the past several days, 3 trips to the doctor, so the house was a bit of a mess and dusty as we had more important things to worry about.

Meeting with DCS went well, it always does, our case worker is great.

This afternoon I had an interview with the local PBS station scheduled at our fencing club. Rode the motorcycle in and it was 55 degrees (F) and sunny. So a pleasant ride. Had to be at the club at 5 so the crew could set up their cameras. Did the interview, which lasted about 30 minutes. He set up the questions, I had to reply is a specific format, covered pretty much everything. It was finished prior to the club members showing up, the TV crew stayed for another 90 minutes and filmed the club members fencing, we talked about several of the members, focused on the fact that we are a recreational club but we do our best to support competitive members, often using outside coaches to come in for more expert instruction.

Rode home at 9pm, 45 degrees, no sun, a bit of a cool ride home.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats!

We just celebrated our 36th Anniversary, but never locked her in the truck with me for 4 days in a row. So you clearly got me beat.

Bit of a hectic day here, got up and started cleaning the house. Dept of Child Services was scheduled to show up at lunch time, our regular case worker + her brand new supervisor. Kobe has been running a fever for the past several days, 3 trips to the doctor, so the house was a bit of a mess and dusty as we had more important things to worry about.

Meeting with DCS went well, it always does, our case worker is great.

This afternoon I had an interview with the local PBS station scheduled at our fencing club. Rode the motorcycle in and it was 55 degrees (F) and sunny. So a pleasant ride. Had to be at the club at 5 so the crew could set up their cameras. Did the interview, which lasted about 30 minutes. He set up the questions, I had to reply is a specific format, covered pretty much everything. It was finished prior to the club members showing up, the TV crew stayed for another 90 minutes and filmed the club members fencing, we talked about several of the members, focused on the fact that we are a recreational club but we do our best to support competitive members, often using outside coaches to come in for more expert instruction.

Rode home at 9pm, 45 degrees, no sun, a bit of a cool ride home.
Next week,,,; May 10th will be 52 years for us.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday was productive. I gave the flat deck trailer a fresh coat of paint. Then worked in the garage for 4 hours reassembling the steering column on my son's car.

Depending on how my back feels, I plan on heading to the back of the property with a chainsaw to tackle a large spruce tree that fell during the winter.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
For the first time in a long time I feel like crap today.
All intestinal junk.
Ugh..
Soup for dinner, relaxing in my chair with a blankie.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Babysitting Kobe today.

Carpet installers are here today. They are finishing what they started just before Easter. Today its the long hallway and a flight of floating stairs. The stairs are posing problems for them.

This evening I'll be back at the fencing club. Tonight I teach the Advanced Beginner class. It will be my last Thursday evening class for this session.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
When I left the plant last Friday they were having trouble with the sealing jaws on line one. I came in this morning and they were still tinkering. Which means that for three days I had a crew standing beside a non running machine which produced essentially nothing billable.

I sent the crew to the back to reclaim any usable product in the mess they made. It took me one hour to sort the issues and bring the machinery back on line. I guess if the answer cannot be found on google, these folks are mystified!~!!

So much for going into retirement.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Split a bunch of firewood this morning with the log splitter. Then my back gave me a big FU and put me in the chair. After an hour soaking in the hot tub, it felt a little better. Nothing much on the agenda. Both older boys are working.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We cancelled plans for Springfield and the ranch this weekend. So much traveling in the last two months and we need to stay home for the kids.

The shop finally sorted the SRT Crossfire ECM communications with the tranny ( Good heavens I hate electronics in modern cars) so with the engine light out it will pass inspection. But I have todriveitfor100 miles so the emissions show OK.

We will likely take a drive to a winery Saturday to put on the miles.

Plates are February 2021 so, my luck I'll get stopped or a ticket.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Lapping up the chapters in this book.
I've an old friend who lives in Rhode Island. She's retired from her years at the Naval War College. She's always been a huge fan of the Kennedy's like me.
Today I received a box of books from her.
I'll probably be up half the night reading.
Yes books! Remember those? Lol

20210507_202647.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Right now I'm remembering my Mother.
She was 16 in this picture.
She was the family rock.
Happy Mother's Day to her.
Navy wife, Mom of all of us including any kid in the neighborhood.
Best advice, best love, best Lady to pass on a wealth of strength to ALL who ever crossed her path.
Barbara Phillips. THE Mom y'all could have only wished you had.
❤?
20210508_202204.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Bought a good used 5th wheel camper to replace the truck camper we sold last week. My parents bought it a few weeks ago to replace their truck camper to use for remote fishing and shorter trips. But they decided that they wanted something with a slide out. It's older but in good shape. Nothing fancy. Small enough to tow behind the f150 and haul the boat behind it. I'm getting a 5th wheel hitch installed on Tuesday.

20210425_092707.jpg

Last edited: