• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today, II

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Getting ready to head for Toledo Ohio. Picking up a 500 gallon mobile Diesel tank. It comes empty but, with a pump.
I'll need it for my 310 John Deer construction back hoe.

Still looking for a trailer, 14K Lbs capacity, minimum 84" wide and 22 feet long.

I'll be gone for two days . Assuming the inauguration of the new leader of the free world doesn't put us under Marshall law,,,,; Be back Thursday.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Kobe found Dasha's earring ... much to Dasha's surprise!

I got Dasha back to campus late last night and got pummeled by lake effect snow on the way home from campus. Dasha reports that she is now ranked #3 on the Notre Dame team and the highest ranked freshman on the team. The NCAA and the ACC are allowing fencing events and she reports that their first competition will be at The OHIO STATE in early February. No visitors/audience allowed. Lots of safety measures.

Today I packed away the Christmas tree. It was sitting, without ornaments, in the corner for the past few days but with Dasha flying in and other activities here it just remained a big bare tree in the corner until today.

I've also put a coat of paint on the last 2 of Melen's new-to-her dining room chairs. They were already primed and ready for paint. With any luck they will get their new cushions installed this week and I'll be able to drive them up to her apartment this weekend. There are 4 side chairs and 2 arm chairs. I'd like to get at least the 4 side chairs up to her so she can use her table.

To help with a craft project I painted about 2 dozen lids from baby food jars with "blackboard" paint. I dunno why. I just do what I'm told.

tempImageS36O3e.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been getting things done in the domicile today.
Around 6:00 myself and a few other friends are meeting in Wauseon to eat at Los Mariachis.
I had lunch there with my son recently, and told them how WOW! the place was.
I'd get a margarita but I'm driving home. ?

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I've been getting things done in the domicile today.
Around 6:00 myself and a few other friends are meeting in Wauseon to eat at Los Mariachis.
I had lunch there with my son recently, and told them how WOW! the place was.
I'd get a margarita but I'm driving home. ?
There are a couple good restraints we found there while working in Napoleon.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Spent the day out in the garage working on the car again. I had ordered a new headlight and mounting bracket for it back in November. It arrived 3 weeks later but the bracket was broken. It's a plastic piece that goes from one headlight to the other and required me to remove the front bumper cover to access it. The replacement arrived yesterday so I got to work putting it back together.
20210118_081547.jpg
20210118_090733.jpg
20210118_134654.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The wife and I will be only 20 miles away from Napoleon on Wednesday. We are picking up a mobile diesel tank for the ranch.
Staying just north of Lima on Tuesday, picking the unit up on Wednesday morning, and hoping we don't get bad weather going back home.
About 8 hours each way.

Looking at highway 24 to Fort Wayne. Might be an alternative.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I bet you liked Sullivan's and the Blue Ribbon diner? ?
I didn't make it to the blu ribbon but we went to Sullivans a lot, we were there in the summer when they had the hot rod nights. We liked that place. There was also a Cosmos but it wasn't as good as the one in Defiance. We stayed in Wauseon instead of Napoleon for the food.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Just got back form our 1,000 mile round trip to Finley OHIO. Pretty little town on the Maumee river. Picked up the 500 gallon diesel tank on wheels. Great shape. good tires. Not sure about the gasoline powered auxiliary pump. If it doesn't run I will replace it with a manual pump.

It was cold (20 F) this morning. But the place was pretty with a bit snow all around. Highways were clear so no worries.

Most of the eat in restaurants had just reopened. Staff was eager and pleasant. Big tips and they earned 'em

Hotel had a hot tub. Cathy always finds good places. Sat in it four hours just talking and planning our new future.
She looks great. Not just for a 70 year old, she could pass for much younger. Me at 74 this March,,,,; not so much.
Great times now.

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday was a good day and much needed after being chair bound pretty all week last week. Temperature cooled off a touch so it wasn't as damp which takes a toll on the joints and muscles.

I started the day with a solid 1 hr workout that included a warm up for 10 minutes, elastic band core strengthening for 20, 20 minutes of treadmill and a cooldown full body stretch for 10 minutes.

After the workout I was feeling good with nothing to do so I loaded up the snowmobile and trailered 30 kms away to go exploring a big section of groomed trail. I put on around 100 miles on the sled. The trails were excellent and freshly groomed which made for great riding. I'm still getting used to the feel and power of the new sled. It rides great and has way more power then I'll ever need. At 70mph, I can nail the throttle and lift the skis. I backed off at 95mph. Normally I ride the trails at around 30-40mph.

20210120_121005.jpg

Reactions: Doc

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Up about an hour ago.

20 minutes on the exercise bike. Working on my second cup of espresso. Watching WGN9 TV news and reading the news on the inter webs.

Dasha has a head cold at fencing practice and feeling a bit miserable. She got it from our foster baby. I warned her. But she shared his pacifier while playing. Anyway she reports that its not too bad, but she has a sore throat and nose congestion. They are giving her another Covid test today. She had one Thursday, another on Monday. Negative to both of those.

I will be babysitting much of the day. The lovely Mrs_Bob has plans to reupholster 2 chairs for Melen's apartment. I refinished the frames on 6 chairs. 2 have been reupholstered already. The plan is 2 today. We will get to the other 2 some other day. But we will be going back to her apartment this weekend and want her to have 4 chairs. There is no real entertaining going on, so no need to rush to get her all 6. Besides, we have other things to do here too!

Conversation late last evening with one of my former students. She now works in Washington DC, she was my first Saber team captain, and I've been very close with her family for several years. She was in a car accident. In a tunnel in the right lane while a truck was in the left lane and the truck decided to move into the right lane. Crushed her car against the railing and the wall of the tunnel. She is fine. Bruised and shaken. But no serious injuries. Her mom died in a car accident when she was a sophomore in HS so I'm guessing this is stirring up some nightmares.

Attachments

• tempImageOl61Sx.png
    tempImageOl61Sx.png
    13.5 MB · Views: 127

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
So for the last couple weeks have working toward getting my lathe going, as I have to machine some 18" diameter cast iron cable conveyor pulleys. The cat got out of the bag to my customers that I am now going to be manufacturing these components and have been receiving order inquires via email for a couple weeks now. Yesterday I got the 1st one clamped to the face plate on the lathe. I got it to within .060 on the diameter and .010 on the flat can riding surface. I figure thats close enough for a raw casting to be machined into shape and drill the 1-1/4" hole for the shaft. I decided to drill the hole and hone it for final fit on the shafts rather than ream it.
IMG_1804.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Kids are home from school today fror a regular professional development day. Went to town to pick up a couple things. Nothing major planned for the day as the boss is working and kids are home.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Bought Gold today. Not because it was down but because it was available AND I had cash. Two things that seldom coincide.

Two place in town had some. THE SCOTTSMAN which is a reputable coin shop in St Louis, and a local pawn shop that had my card if he came into some.
We bought some 1/10th oz pieces, some 1/4 oz pieces, a maple leaf and a 1 oz bullion bar.

We couldn't get responses from Lear or Rosslyn, so we went out looking.

Whilst at the pawn shop, he had a Henry lever action 22 that was in like new condition. I mean pristine, like it had never been fired.. I bought it for my grandson. $270.00

All and all a good day.

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We put the kids to work this morning cleaning the whole house. With 6 kids, we figured a chore chart was in order which included 3 of the 4 bathrooms in the house. All floors swept and mopped. Their bedrooms cleaned and vacuumed. Not much else happening. It's supposed to snow tomorrow.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Just finished wiring the new shop and the outside storage shed.

I still have to hook up to main power. It's gotten really cold in there today so I'll wait until tomorrow for the fireworks part of the project.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Another precious picture.
This is my youngest grandbug aboard the USS North Carolina.
My son and the family toured the battleship museum knowing I'd like it.
Elaina posing for her Nana. ❤
I'll have to tell her the story about how her great GREAT Grandpa would have loved seeing this.??

20210123_132412 (1).jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Heading up to Melen's apartment today with some dining room chairs, a plant stand, a plant, some misc other stuff. We'll be there for the afternoon. Going to get Take Out Food from somewhere. It's the lovely Mrs_Bob's birthday today. So there will be a Dairy Queen ice cream cake involved too. Expecting a birthday surprise FaceTime call from Dasha to wish a happy birthday to the lovely Mrs_Bob too.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It's cold as f... outside today so I headed to the garage and sparked up a fire then got to work building a weight stand for our little gym area out of leftover pieces of wood from past projects.
20210127_144210.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, it's been pretty cold af here too.
Today, not so bad.
I'm not doing a darn thing today.
Hurray!