• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today, II

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Chiropractor this morning. Followed by another trip to the tire shop to get new tires installed on my wife's expedition. Home to do some hashing on the bathroom design and ordering fixtures. Next will be a trip to a few tile places in the city to pick out flooring, countertop, and shower tiles.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've had a nice Tuesday off.
That's it.
Did the usual housework, did my grocery shopping for the week, met my son Jeff on his lunch hour because he hates eating fast junk food in his car, then I tried to make him take half the stimulus pay I withdrew from my bank.
He said no.
Christmas was enough, but thanks Mom.

I've also been off and on the forums today checking out the new ummm "visitors"

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Hashing out plans for the bathroom reno with the war department. She who must be obeyed has decided against both a corner hot tub or air tub in favor of a freestanding soaker tub. In a different location then we originally agreed upon. Nothing much else going on.
One of the reasons I stopped flipping houses was because of the wife. Her inability to commit on a design and then follow through drives me crazy.
It is one of the reason our current house is still under construction some 45 years after we moved in.

Four years ago we settled on a design for the master bath. I dug a 7 foot deep by 8 feet by 6 feet hole for the foundation. Since then we remodeled the master bedroom. Made some minor changes that one wouldn't think effected the bathroom design.

I was wrong!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
One of the reasons I stopped flipping houses was because of the wife. Her inability to commit on a design and then follow through drives me crazy.
It is one of the reason our current house is still under construction some 45 years after we moved in.

Four years ago we settled on a design for the master bath. I dug a 7 foot deep by 8 feet by 6 feet hole for the foundation. Since then we remodeled the master bedroom. Made some minor changes that one wouldn't think effected the bathroom design.

I was wrong!

Yes. We all know that when it comes to either any kind of inside reno, if momma ain't happy, then nobody's happy. I wanted a jetted corner tub. We're getting a freestanding soaker tub without any jets. Ideally we both wanted a 4x6 shower with full glass on 2 walls. Because of the layout We're forced to go with solid walls halfway up and glass at the top.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We flipped ZERO homes in 2020 largely due to the crazy inflation of housing prices here. Bidding on homes was crazy. I bid on 1 house, offered $15,000 over asking price, buyer rejected the offer and re-listed the house for $20,000 above my bid. Other homes we looked at and walked away from had similar crazed prices. So between that and Covid we sat the year out.

Today is supposed to be a 'vacation' day from too many chores. Recovering from several weeks of holidays and moving Melen to her apartment.

The tree may come down today ... I'm hoping it stays up another couple of days. We have a bunch of other decorations already down but the living room remains decorated. Before we de-decorate (is that a word?) the living room I'd like to return the other decorations to their appropriate storage places and pull out the bins/bags/boxes for the living room decorations.

I also hope to get to the workshop/garage and rearrange some things. I have 8 parking spots + a car lift and currently have 2 vehicles parked outside. We had all of Melen's furniture stored in there. Most of that is moved out. There are still a few pieces but she is not taking those to the new place. Some of her remaining belongings may be sold, some may go to the burn pile, some to the trash, but I do not believe any of what remains has any real or sentimental value. It should be an easy task to move a few things around and get 1 more vehicle into the garage. Getting 2 vehicles in would be a monumental task, but getting 1 in should be less than an hour task.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

I was wrong!
I forgot to mention, The hole I dug (by hand BTW) is still empty.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Today I have to source some brushes for a Baldor motor. Never had a problem getting these before. However, nobody keeps inventory any more. One supplier had two on the shelf. The motor takes four.

I tried to get these on line last year. Three attempts and received the wrong parts every time. So I'll wait for the Baldor distributor to get them in. Meanwhile 5 people are at home missing their pay.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Today I have to source some brushes for a Baldor motor. Never had a problem getting these before. However, nobody keeps inventory any more. One supplier had two on the shelf. The motor takes four.

I tried to get these on line last year. Three attempts and received the wrong parts every time. So I'll wait for the Baldor distributor to get them in. Meanwhile 5 people are at home missing their pay.
Grainger?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Homeschooling 6 kids all trying to do videochat and getting disconnected every 5 minutes because of a terribly slow internet connection. About as much fun as herding cats into a bathtub full of water.
Homeschooling my 14 year old grandson is about as successful as getting him to pick up his socks from the bathroom. Not only is there an issue with the overloaded internet, when we aren't watching ( 'cause we are at work,), his internet connection seems good enough for him to go gaming for a while.

Middle of the night, I catch him gaming. He sleeps in come morning and school work suffers.

Thankfully, our district opened up for regular class attendance. So now he has to get up a 6:00 AM.
Grainger?
Yep, tried them too.

I don't use them much anymore. Too expensive.
They closed the shops near me so I have to travel 37 miles to get stuff.

Brushes came in today about 2:30 PM
We'll be up and running in the AM.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Today was a busy day. I headed over to my buddy's down the road first thing this morning to do experiment 626. Aka making peperettes with all the birds I shot this fall while out hunting. 7lbs of grouse combined with 3lbs of pork fat. Ground, stuffed, and smoked for 10 hrs.
20210107_093056.jpg
20210107_105236.jpg
20210107_110205.jpg
20210107_193357.jpg

That brought me to lunchtime when I went home to work on the snowmobile. I had a wee little mishap last week and nailed a stump under the snow which bent both a-arm's on the left side. After changing the parts, I installed a taller windshield.

20210107_192259.jpg

Here's the bent a-arms.
20210107_182319.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm officially prn at work. Woohoo!
This past year has been hell with covid and the impact it's had on my life and that of my family and friends.
Today for the first time in a LONG time I'm going to see my grandbugs!
That's the number 1 in my life right now:
Not covid, not politics, not social media.
Family.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Got home late tonite after a long weekend at the Springfield bungalow. Finished insulating the skirting. Laid out stakes and lumber to show the inspector the plans for the storage barn and new decking. Spent a wonderful amount of time chasing the wife around the place. Two old people having sex like teenagers. WOW!

Installed two new lounge chairs the employees gave us for Christmas. Getting the old couch out was a b!tch but we managed. These chairs allowed us to turn the seating in front of the built in TV/fireplace. Now we can both see the TV.

The original couch is like new yet so it will go in the "barn" clubhouse or our grandson. He'll have a bunk and a couch and a TV with a computer for gaming. Can't have him in the bungalow when I'm chasing grandma around naked.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Reinstalled a hanging light bar in the kitchen. When we bought the place, it was hanging over the counter between the kitchen and dining room. But the cupboard doors hit it every time we opened it so we swapped it out with two pendant lights. There wasn't a light over the sink so we kept the light bar to eventually repurpose for there. I also made a trip to the city to return floor tile samples and order them for the bathroom.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
just got back, went to the field and picked up a piece of conveying equipment then new tires on the truck. After lunch, unload the truck and hook up the trailer and get packed for tomorrow.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Not much this week. My back has been flared up since Monday. Burning in the lower back which has made me pretty much chair bound. I did make it to physio this morning which aggravated it even more.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Picking up Dasha from the airport to bring her home. She is flying home thru Istanbul because there is a flight ban preventing her from coming thru Germany. It adds 4 hours to her flight to get home this way. But as a non-citizen she is not allowed to travel thru an EU nation, or the UK, due to Covid restrictions

She tested Negative before getting on the flight, wearing a mask the entire flight, but the US won’t let her fly thru restricted nations because she doesn’t have a US passport.

Tomorrow we take her back to Notre Dame

9B80733E-63A5-42AD-B0F2-2A9C545D7F11.jpeg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Putting away a carload of provisions. We went to SAM's lasat night and stocked up on griceries and supplies. Snow torm ( it was nothing) kept people away and the place was empty.

But the car wasn't. My word, but it took an hour to unpack.

We buy prime cuts and big chicken breasts. I was up late processing them for the freezer. We still had about 100 lbs from the bull we had processed last summer. So I guess we have enough for whatever happens over the next week and months.

Checking ammo today. I'm good on every caliber but 45. I don't own a 45 but my son does. It's been hard to find lately.

Today was supposed to be in Springfield digging a new gas line. They got snow so I'm doing stuff here in the new garage addition.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Back is still tender but I managed to get the garbage loaded for a dump run then took two of the girls for a short snowmobile ride.