Header image

What are you doing today, 2021 edition

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
BOOM!

This girl right here ... SILVER medal last weekend. GOLD medal today.

She is one of 'my' students. Often I pass students to other coaches, or co-coach them with another coach for more specialized training. Not this one. She is just an astounding young athlete.

tempImagePkdNR9.jpg

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
BOOM!

This girl right here ... SILVER medal last weekend. GOLD medal today.

She is one of 'my' students. Often I pass students to other coaches, or co-coach them with another coach for more specialized training. Not this one. She is just an astounding young athlete.

View attachment 141665
That's great. I hope both of you put your heart and soul into it.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
First time in weeks I have felt like eating and doing.

The yard is knee deep in leaves, The back-room deck project is on hold but also full of leaves.

Since we are doing Cracker Barrel Thanksgiving, I hope to have some yard time.

Friday I must go to Springfield and set the house for cold weather.

Bought the Christmas tree yesterday. I am assuming it will get decked whilst I'm gone.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Working on the old plow truck today. The starter went on it a few weeks ago and it was sitting there behind the garage dead in the water so I had to remove the plow and get it out of the way in order for it to be towed to the shop down the street. I did attempt to change it myself but laying on the cold damp ground with my hands up in a tight spot right behind the frame rail was slightly painful. It's back now running again. So I have to reinstall the plow and get it ready for the inevitable snow that should be coming within weeks.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Leaving shortly to pick up Dasha to bring her home for the holiday. She returns to campus on Sunday

Jumpin' Jack McDaniels

Working today and I’m currently weighing the decision to work longer to take a four day Holiday. I work for myself and my hours are flexible so it shouldn’t be too hard if that’s the route I take. In all likelihood, that’s exactly what I’ll do. I don’t get much else time off other than the weekends.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Working today and I’m currently weighing the decision to work longer to take a four day Holiday. I work for myself and my hours are flexible so it shouldn’t be too hard if that’s the route I take. In all likelihood, that’s exactly what I’ll do. I don’t get much else time off other than the weekends.
Im in the same boat, also self employed. I have been working a lot myself. I have a plan to pay off my home by the end of 2022, its doable, but not much fun involved.

Jumpin' Jack McDaniels

Im in the same boat, also self employed. I have been working a lot myself. I have a plan to pay off my home by the end of 2022, its doable, but not much fun involved.
I hit the floor before 2 yesterday morning to start working on some time off, and it’s almost been nonstop. I’m still working as I type this. Not much longer now, thankfully.

pirate_girl

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm up way early.
I worked from 6am-2pm yesterday, which means I was beat for the rest of the day pretty much. At least we got a nice turkey day dinner! Was in bed by 10 and zonked.
Today I'm going to shop for some last minute things I need for Christmas decorating. Black Friday shopping? No way! In the store and out (hopefully) lol

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Worked on the old plow truck yesterday. The starter went on it a few weeks ago and it was sitting there behind the garage dead in the water so I had to remove the plow and get it out of the way in order for it to be towed to the shop down the street. I did attempt to change it myself but laying on the cold damp ground with my hands up in a tight spot right behind the frame rail was slightly painful. It's back now running again. So I had to reinstall the plow and get it ready for the inevitable snow that should be coming within weeks. -13 Celsius with a windchill of -25 yesterday. With no snow, it's a little damp and chilly but I still get outside in the hot tub.

20211125_205031.jpg
20211125_205138.jpg