• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today, II

echo

I don't know it it was FB.
I would post some comment and then I was the only person in the universe that could read it. I found out by a friend that I asked to read my comment, he said there was no comment.. Dontcha you love sneaky people.
Lets go back to the BB and a modem

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I sure hope Trump does get a social media going soon.
Look!
Former President Donald Trump’s new social media platform Truth Social is expected to launch on Presidents’ Day, Feb. 21, according to the latest Apple App Store listing.

Truth Social, which the 45th president announced in October, is the latest conservative alternative to large social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook, which the former president has repeatedly slammed for censorship.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Look!
Former President Donald Trump’s new social media platform Truth Social is expected to launch on Presidents’ Day, Feb. 21, according to the latest Apple App Store listing.

Truth Social, which the 45th president announced in October, is the latest conservative alternative to large social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook, which the former president has repeatedly slammed for censorship.

OUTSTANDING!!!
THANKS!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Crazy 24 hours for my family.

Kobe our part time foster son turned 21 months old. He has been in our care since he was 2 months old. His grandmother has Covid so while we normally have him 3 days a week, we have now had him for nearly 3 weeks!

Our daughter Melen's birthday is today.

And Dasha, our foreign exchange student, who is now a sophomore at Notre Dame, won a medal at the North American Challenge, finishing 8th after being beaten by only by one of our US Olympians. She also earned her national "A" rating and moved up in the rankings. Notre Dame had 5 girls from the saber squad competing, including the team captain. All of them finished behind Dasha and outside of the medals.

So I celebrated with a cocktail tonight.

6F22E893-9C13-41A9-BE2A-ADA7FBE6C24F.jpeg

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
dint have to work in the shop today, so I worked on putting studs in van tracks and pulled the old valve cover off the Jeep. Details in the appropriate places.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Taking down the Christmas decorations and the tree.

I have it easy this year as we did not put lights on the house.

The Tree will stand outside in the yard by the bird feeders. The small birds will use it for cover when the Hawk flies overhead.

People say to put bread on it for the birds. Bad idea. It swells in their stomachs.
We are a certified bird sanctuary so, they will get suet, berries, and Sunflower seeds

Come spring the branches will go in compost and the tree trunk will be shredded or used in the fire pit.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Since it's -25 Celsius with a windchill of -31, I spent the day doing some plowing in the yard then brought up the bins to finally put away Christmas for another year. We did that this afternoon then I spent some time setting up a new cell phone.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Last day of the season for Pheasant here in Iowa. Spent the morning with my dog and some friends in single digit temps.
Saw birds, but they are pretty spooky with no snow and dry conditions. Dogs have little scent to fallow when it is this dry.
We ended up with 2 birds, but much fun and good exercise was had by all.. :)

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Last day of the season for Pheasant here in Iowa. Spent the morning with my dog and some friends in single digit temps.
Saw birds, but they are pretty spooky with no snow and dry conditions. Dogs have little scent to fallow when it is this dry.
We ended up with 2 birds, but much fun and good exercise was had by all.. :)
I always enjoyed Pheasant hunting, This, whether I brought home birds or not.

Walking fields and woods with one's buddies, fresh air, some sport with the guns. Always a good day.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hosted 2 elite foreign fencers at our home overnight and then took them to Notre Dame.

Had Dasha, our foreign exchange student. But also had Hansi, from Maylasia, who is a Foil fencer. He is probably the best Foilist to have ever come from Maylasia or the South Pacific and is a very nice kid. He is a Junior at Notre Dame. Also met up with Marcelo, one of the best Foilists in the USA, but he did not stay at our home for the night.
tempImageVQU1Zm.jpg

tempImageeV9bnn.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Kids have been back to home schooling again since last week because of the dreaded omicron cold shutting everything down again. My wife is still working from home. It's a balmy -36 Celsius with the windchill. So that leaves me sitting on my butt all day.

I may have to jettison my over coat this morning. A balmy 15%F.
Nothing to do outside today. Just two quotations for more work second quarter.

Four no shows this morning. So, we are only running one of the three lines needed to meet orders on hand.

The office is cold but, not as bad as outside.

PGBC

I've been working almost non stop for 2 months, finally have a week off. Servicing, and repairing some machines today. Mostly I want to sleep, rest, and relax. BC has been beaten up and battered the last couple of months by Mother nature. We had massive flooding, lost a large part of our road infrastructure, many bridges are just gone, not to mention towns, farms and more completely destroyed. The animals killed alone in it, just made me want to cry, rivers of cattle, chickens, and more just floating by. Then we went into a deep freeze, and a warm day was still -30, then the relentless snows came, and just kept falling.
It was overwhelming to say the least.

Today I am in my own home for a change, which feels great. The wind is blowing so hard its howling, but at least the snow has stopped, and the temp is a very mild -3.
Feels great to be home, warm, and sleep in till 6 am.
I hope you are all well, and had a good Christmas.

Misa

Lol. I have to save a couple pkgs. Everyone at camp wants to try them.

I am curious. What does your peperettes taste like, if you can please describe it?

Does it taste like a combination of sausage and chicken? Or a different type of flavor altogether?