What are you doing today, 2021 edition

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Got home late tonite after a long weekend at the Springfield bungalow. Finished insulating the skirting. Laid out stakes and lumber to show the inspector the plans for the storage barn and new decking. Spent a wonderful amount of time chasing the wife around the place. Two old people having sex like teenagers. WOW!

Installed two new lounge chairs the employees gave us for Christmas. Getting the old couch out was a b!tch but we managed. These chairs allowed us to turn the seating in front of the built in TV/fireplace. Now we can both see the TV.

The original couch is like new yet so it will go in the "barn" clubhouse or our grandson. He'll have a bunk and a couch and a TV with a computer for gaming. Can't have him in the bungalow when I'm chasing grandma around naked.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Reinstalled a hanging light bar in the kitchen. When we bought the place, it was hanging over the counter between the kitchen and dining room. But the cupboard doors hit it every time we opened it so we swapped it out with two pendant lights. There wasn't a light over the sink so we kept the light bar to eventually repurpose for there. I also made a trip to the city to return floor tile samples and order them for the bathroom.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
just got back, went to the field and picked up a piece of conveying equipment then new tires on the truck. After lunch, unload the truck and hook up the trailer and get packed for tomorrow.

pirate_girl

Infirmière essentielle
GOLD Site Supporter
Spent 3 hours in triage last evening at the hospital.
Little Miss 89 year old isn't so frail after all. I thought she dislocated it! Lol
So, I'm wearing a frog for 5 days.

20210113_205842.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Not much this week. My back has been flared up since Monday. Burning in the lower back which has made me pretty much chair bound. I did make it to physio this morning which aggravated it even more.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Picking up Dasha from the airport to bring her home. She is flying home thru Istanbul because there is a flight ban preventing her from coming thru Germany. It adds 4 hours to her flight to get home this way. But as a non-citizen she is not allowed to travel thru an EU nation, or the UK, due to Covid restrictions

She tested Negative before getting on the flight, wearing a mask the entire flight, but the US won’t let her fly thru restricted nations because she doesn’t have a US passport.

Tomorrow we take her back to Notre Dame

9B80733E-63A5-42AD-B0F2-2A9C545D7F11.jpeg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Putting away a carload of provisions. We went to SAM's lasat night and stocked up on griceries and supplies. Snow torm ( it was nothing) kept people away and the place was empty.

But the car wasn't. My word, but it took an hour to unpack.

We buy prime cuts and big chicken breasts. I was up late processing them for the freezer. We still had about 100 lbs from the bull we had processed last summer. So I guess we have enough for whatever happens over the next week and months.

Checking ammo today. I'm good on every caliber but 45. I don't own a 45 but my son does. It's been hard to find lately.

Today was supposed to be in Springfield digging a new gas line. They got snow so I'm doing stuff here in the new garage addition.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Back is still tender but I managed to get the garbage loaded for a dump run then took two of the girls for a short snowmobile ride.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Getting ready to head for Toledo Ohio. Picking up a 500 gallon mobile Diesel tank. It comes empty but, with a pump.
I'll need it for my 310 John Deer construction back hoe.

Still looking for a trailer, 14K Lbs capacity, minimum 84" wide and 22 feet long.

I'll be gone for two days . Assuming the inauguration of the new leader of the free world doesn't put us under Marshall law,,,,; Be back Thursday.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Kobe found Dasha's earring ... much to Dasha's surprise!

I got Dasha back to campus late last night and got pummeled by lake effect snow on the way home from campus. Dasha reports that she is now ranked #3 on the Notre Dame team and the highest ranked freshman on the team. The NCAA and the ACC are allowing fencing events and she reports that their first competition will be at The OHIO STATE in early February. No visitors/audience allowed. Lots of safety measures.

Today I packed away the Christmas tree. It was sitting, without ornaments, in the corner for the past few days but with Dasha flying in and other activities here it just remained a big bare tree in the corner until today.

I've also put a coat of paint on the last 2 of Melen's new-to-her dining room chairs. They were already primed and ready for paint. With any luck they will get their new cushions installed this week and I'll be able to drive them up to her apartment this weekend. There are 4 side chairs and 2 arm chairs. I'd like to get at least the 4 side chairs up to her so she can use her table.

To help with a craft project I painted about 2 dozen lids from baby food jars with "blackboard" paint. I dunno why. I just do what I'm told.

tempImageS36O3e.jpg

pirate_girl

Infirmière essentielle
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been getting things done in the domicile today.
Around 6:00 myself and a few other friends are meeting in Wauseon to eat at Los Mariachis.
I had lunch there with my son recently, and told them how WOW! the place was.
I'd get a margarita but I'm driving home. 🍹

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I've been getting things done in the domicile today.
Around 6:00 myself and a few other friends are meeting in Wauseon to eat at Los Mariachis.
I had lunch there with my son recently, and told them how WOW! the place was.
I'd get a margarita but I'm driving home. 🍹
There are a couple good restraints we found there while working in Napoleon.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Spent the day out in the garage working on the car again. I had ordered a new headlight and mounting bracket for it back in November. It arrived 3 weeks later but the bracket was broken. It's a plastic piece that goes from one headlight to the other and required me to remove the front bumper cover to access it. The replacement arrived yesterday so I got to work putting it back together.
20210118_081547.jpg
20210118_090733.jpg
20210118_134654.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The wife and I will be only 20 miles away from Napoleon on Wednesday. We are picking up a mobile diesel tank for the ranch.
Staying just north of Lima on Tuesday, picking the unit up on Wednesday morning, and hoping we don't get bad weather going back home.
About 8 hours each way.

Looking at highway 24 to Fort Wayne. Might be an alternative.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I bet you liked Sullivan's and the Blue Ribbon diner? 😊
I didn't make it to the blu ribbon but we went to Sullivans a lot, we were there in the summer when they had the hot rod nights. We liked that place. There was also a Cosmos but it wasn't as good as the one in Defiance. We stayed in Wauseon instead of Napoleon for the food.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Just got back form our 1,000 mile round trip to Finley OHIO. Pretty little town on the Maumee river. Picked up the 500 gallon diesel tank on wheels. Great shape. good tires. Not sure about the gasoline powered auxiliary pump. If it doesn't run I will replace it with a manual pump.

It was cold (20 F) this morning. But the place was pretty with a bit snow all around. Highways were clear so no worries.

Most of the eat in restaurants had just reopened. Staff was eager and pleasant. Big tips and they earned 'em

Hotel had a hot tub. Cathy always finds good places. Sat in it four hours just talking and planning our new future.
She looks great. Not just for a 70 year old, she could pass for much younger. Me at 74 this March,,,,; not so much.
Great times now.

Last edited: