• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today, II

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Wife's birthday tomorrow so likely a family gathering at Olive Garden.

She is impossible to shop for. So I am doing small things.
Neutrogena has a body oil that smells of honeysuckle. I giver her a full body massage about once a week with it. The product has been on short supply of late, putting our weekend cozy massage sessions at risk. But, I found a source and bought 6 bottles.
Also I contracted a candle maker to produce 12 jars of Honeysuckle mood candles.

Some cute cards to sprinkle about for her to find all day. Yes, fresh flowers. But she always has them on the nightstand from me. Always.

(....last weekend she had to walk on a path of yellow rose petals just to get into bed.)

For the finish, I found a peasant blouse, and black choker necklace like she used to wear 40 years ago, That's really for me but she has been looking for one for months.

After dinner, we will set the kids at home and head for the Springfield MO bungalow. A three hour drive. Some wine and those candles should make it perfect.

Yes, YES, I know. I have a deck to finish and a house site to grade and gravel. By comparison..... UNIMPORTANT!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the ideas franc. It's my wife's birthday today too. It's also a new federal statutory holiday starting this year. National day of reconciliation. A day to show remembrance for all the children lost in the residential school system when the government gathered up many native children and sent them to live in residential schools. Many children died and were buried in unmarked graves at these schools over the years.

We had an impromptu hot tub party last night on short notice with some of the locals we recently met. Much needed after the last couple weeks. Today, I'm going to help my neighbor install a pool liner. He is semi retired now but still does random jobs for people building swimming pools and replacing liners.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Came out to camp this morning. First time back since dad passed. Much needed break from reality. Went out bird hunting in the rain with the side by side. Got soaked. Covered in mud. Saw 7 grouse. Shot 4. Still too much vegetation for them to hide in on the sides of the trails I go down. It'll be better once the leaves are gone and the first frost has killed all the low grass. The birds tend to flock up after the first frost and come out on the roads to warm up.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It rained everyday and much of the night. So,,,I spent the weekend wiring the10X12 portable barn in Springfield.
I installed a 6-12 breaker box which would be great if I had a 50 or 60 amp power sources. As it is, I only have 30 Amps on one leg. So I will jumper the two buss's to make it all work.

Three 15 amp circuits and one at 20 Amp.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
My back apparently didn't like the rain and getting soaked on the weekend as I can barely stand. This week's plan is to start with the annual fall swapping around of toys. Pull the three batteries from the boat, check the lower end oil, and back it under the carport on the side of the garage. That means the snowmobiles need to come out of there. Then I have to winterize mom's and my fifth wheel campers, tarp them, and store them away for the winter.

J.J. McDaniels

Back to work for the start of another work week, but today should be short and sweet as much of the week should be. I think I’ll throw a Chipotle crusted pork loin on the grill when I get in.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I seem to be having trouble getting things done. This summer was a full schedule of construction, road work. Decks, excavations and remodeling projects. Few of them are any where's near what would be my normal accomplishments.

Some time ago, like 3 months or so, I seriously strained my left shoulder. The pain is intense, especially at night wherein I am awakened by it all night long. Ibuprofen, aspirin and Scotch sometimes help but I just cannot get enough sleep. Last night was the worst.

My chiropractor has been working on it to no avail. I am about to see my medical doc just to get pain meds. For me, that is abnormal.

Pain is normal and like most, I have suffered my whole life. A broken back and shattered knee joint in my teens, never kept me from doing anything.. But this one has me losing strength in my left arm. Sunday, it was all I could do to turn a screw driver with my left hand. Picking up some bricks, my left hand would not hold them.

I've had rotator cuff injuries before. This is not the same. Icepack and heat help briefly. At 74 I guess I am finally getting old.

Hate it!

My grandpa once gave me this advice, " if ya' wanna' do something tomorrow, and the rest of your life, do it today no matter how much it hurts. If you can do it today, then most likely you can do it tomorrow." I have always heeded his advice. But I think maybe there are some things I should stop planning on doing tomorrow.

This would be more appropriate in "Seriously Speaking Forum" So I posted there as well.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Aches and pains suck. I totally get it. Lol. I woke up barely able to stand due to back pain. After the meds kicked in and a hot tub first thing, I felt a bit better so I headed out to take the batteries out of the boat for the winter. Since it was still early and things loosened up and it's sunny, I hooked up to the trailer and side by side and headed out to the woods looking for birds. I love the fall time. Not too hot. No bugs. Beautiful fall colors.

20211004_110929.jpg

Last edited:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Off to Hippie Ridge for the week end

Gravel dumps for the drive road in 3 tons.

Seed the pasture

Burn more of the wasted lumber

Sunsets off the back deck.

See ya Sunday

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
For almost 2 moths I've been working to make arrangements to a group of high school fencers to a private club that is run by an Olympic fencer. I got all the approval for the date and arranged for the bus to take the kids. The head coach at the school approved everything.

Tonight I was at my fencing club giving lessons when the high school head coach texted me to say his school was not going to attend and told me (not asked) to cancel and reschedule.

WTF?

There were photographers and video crews schedules. A field house was rented by the private club at their expense. The Olympic fencer was going to give free advice to the high school kids. The school coach decided he wanted to go away for a long weekend and texted me to reschedule. Said he couldn't make it. WTF??? This is the coach who gave me the date and got the bus scheduled and now, at the last minute, wants me to cancel.

Fuck him. I went around him. Contacted other schools, contacted private club fencers. I'm cutting out his school and making this event happen with other kids. How often do you get the opportunity to have your student trained by an Olympic athlete? He is throwing away an opportunity of a lifetime. I'm not. But his kids lose out.

What are the odds that I do this guy, or his school, a favor in the future?

------------------- 0 ---------------------

But on a happier note, I was coaching fencing at Bradley University on Tuesday. Bradley is a mid-size university located in Peoria, IL, which is about 2.5 hours away from me. I spent the evening down there with their 30 member team. It was a good night. After coaching them they invited me to to go to Chick'fi-la with them for dinner and we all sat around talking until too late in the evening. I got home about midnight. It was a good night. And they want me to come back.

Maybe I will change to college coach and skip the high schools after what happened with the high school tonight!

PGBC

Been a beautiful sunny day here.

I fell a bunch of trees, clearing a spot for the new shop to be built.
Only worked 4 hours at my actual job today.

Its the Thanksgiving long weekend here in Canada, but I work 12 your shifts all 3 days, then Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday off next week.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
9 days early but the lovely Mrs_Bob and I are at Notre Dame and having an early birthday celebration with our Russian fencing "daughter" Dasha. We share the same birthday. 41 years apart. She will turn 20. I will turn 61.

Waitress served her a Moscow Mule without checking her I.D. because she was with her parents. She couldn't understand why Dasha had a Russian accent but my wife and I speak perfect English without an accent. I tipped her well.

fb25038c61f2a7897980cec8d56e9c1a9c72ae71234db4b624aadab4aae5ca4a.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Ah. Another ca
Been a beautiful sunny day here.

I fell a bunch of trees, clearing a spot for the new shop to be built.
Only worked 4 hours at my actual job today.

Its the Thanksgiving long weekend here in Canada, but I work 12 your shifts all 3 days, then Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday off next week.

Ah. Another canuck. Lol. Where in Canada? I'm in northwestern Ontario just west of lake superior.

I didn't get much done yesterday due to the weather but did manage to get a dump run in. It's Thanksgiving weekend up here. We normally have a huge potluck supper at camp but this year, we stayed home as our 2 oldest sons worked yesterday. Plus, I'm not quite ready to handle a larger crowd yet after dad's sudden death less then a month ago. And we wanted to do a smaller Thanksgiving dinner for today. There'll be 12 of us here. First Thanksgiving without dad. 😪

J.J. McDaniels

Enjoying the last day of my three day weekend. It's been what I've needed and I'm going to shoot again for another next week. It's been too long since I've had a vacation so I'll take whatever days I can.

PGBC

9 days early but the lovely Mrs_Bob and I are at Notre Dame and having an early birthday celebration with our Russian fencing "daughter" Dasha. We share the same birthday. 41 years apart. She will turn 20. I will turn 61.

Waitress served her a Moscow Mule without checking her I.D. because she was with her parents. She couldn't understand why Dasha had a Russian accent but my wife and I speak perfect English without an accent. I tipped her well.

View attachment 140550

Awesome!!!

PGBC

Ah. Another ca

Ah. Another canuck. Lol. Where in Canada? I'm in northwestern Ontario just west of lake superior.

I didn't get much done yesterday due to the weather but did manage to get a dump run in. It's Thanksgiving weekend up here. We normally have a huge potluck supper at camp but this year, we stayed home as our 2 oldest sons worked yesterday. Plus, I'm not quite ready to handle a larger crowd yet after dad's sudden death less then a month ago. And we wanted to do a smaller Thanksgiving dinner for today. There'll be 12 of us here. First Thanksgiving without dad. 😪

PG (Prince George) BC.
Its in central BC.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Nice. We've been talking about heading to bc one year once the kids are all growed up. We want to tow the fifth wheel to the edge of the rockies then tour around for a week or so.

Today, I'm recovering from a food baby. 🤣 We had a Thanksgiving dinner last night and as usual, there was enough food for 30 people and we only had 12.

This morning, since it's a stat holiday and nothing is open and the kids are home, I'm taking the oldest son to dad's shop to clean out a 24ft car hauler they towed behind their motorhome. The unit is listed for sale now and is a sweet ride for a newmar diesel pusher. It's a 2005 with only 40000 miles. Asking 94000us. We can't cross the border yet to bring it down to the states but it's a sweet deal for any 'merican wanting to come up to get it.

Screenshot_20211011-072556_Facebook.jpg

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I finished harvesting soybeans last night about 9. :cool:

On to corn today. From what I am hearing I will not be disappointed with the yields. Hard to believe we grew such a crop here with so little rain for the second year in a row. I look forward to being wet here once again. The trees are under visible stress, but my God the Black Walnut tree's made a nice crop some how. No bare footing around that part of my yard... :pat:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I finished harvesting soybeans last night about 9. :cool:

On to corn today. From what I am hearing I will not be disappointed with the yields. Hard to believe we grew such a crop here with so little rain for the second year in a row. I look forward to being wet here once again. The trees are under visible stress, but my God the Black Walnut tree's made a nice crop some how. No bare footing around that part of my yard... :pat:
Kirk,

Sounds like you are in tall cotton tis season. I know, you don't grow cotton in Iowa.

Congrats on the yields and hope the bin buster doesn't bust the commodities market.

Bon Chance!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
On Sunday I worked on landscaping the new storage barn at eh Springfield Bungalow.
I was supposed to do electric but sitting on the deck for breakfast, It kept telling me,,,"plant some flowers around it."

IMG_4756.JPG

So I did.
IMG_4753.JPG

As with most mobile home sites the previous occupants often leave their unwanted stuff. In my case they left a lot of landscape blocks, walls and pavers. So i just dug them up and repurposed them.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
On Sunday I worked on landscaping the new storage barn at eh Springfield Bungalow.
I was supposed to do electric but sitting on the deck for breakfast, It kept telling me,,,"plant some flowers around it."

View attachment 140580

So I did.View attachment 140579

As with most mobile home sites the previous occupants often leave their unwanted stuff. In my case they left a lot of landscape blocks, walls and pavers. So i just dug them up and repurposed them.
looking good, looks like it time enjoy it, I'm still a couple years away from that at the work cabin

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
looking good, looks like it time enjoy it, I'm still a couple years away from that at the work cabin
Oh this Springfield MO location is just the way station to the work cabin in the woods.

The and one half hours from St Louis, Springfield is the jump point for a one hour drive to either north to the sailboat or east to Hippie Ridge ranchette.

One of our Customers would like us to have a satellite plant in Springfield. The Bungalow also gives us that option.
The Barn is being fitted as a secondary sleep cabin for the grandkids if they come with us for the weekend.

To be franc about it, the Bungalow is our love nest and I don't think Cathy wants the kids to hear our bump and grind. Despite being in our 70's, after a 25 year gap in intimate activity, we have a lot of loving time to makeup. Last nite we came home late and exhausted. We told them it was because of the weekend work of shoveling 3 tons of gravel and mowing the acreage.

Not sure they bought it.

Last edited:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh this Springfield MO location is just the way station to the work cabin in the woods.

The and one half hours from St Louis, Springfield is the jump point for a one hour drive to either north to the sailboat or east to Hippie Ridge ranchette.

One of our Customers would like us to have a satellite plant in Springfield. The Bungalow also gives us that option.
The Barn is being fitted as a secondary sleep cabin for the grandkids if they come with us for the weekend.

To be franc about it, the Bungalow is our love nest and I don't think Cathy wants the kids to hear our bump and grind. Despite being in our 70's, after a 25 year gap in intimate activity, we have a lot of loving time to makeup. Last nite we came home late and exhausted. We told them it was because of the weekend work of shoveling 3 tons of gravel and mowing the acreage.

Not sure they bought it.

CORRECTION
Actually it is 3 and one half hours from St . Louis. Which makes the trip to either the boat or the cabin at Hippie Ridge over four and one half hours.
Plus an hour at Cracker Barrel for lunch and "shopping."