What are you doing today, 2021 edition

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Gas/plumber company never showed up Friday. I dug the ditch and had the PVC shrouding pipe ready but no show. Two calls were answered, "you are on the schedule."

Well somebody didn't get the message. Saturday would have been emergency rates so we will reschedule again next week or so.

It two almost two hours of hard work with the 4' breaker bar and some anti seize to clear the cross threaded lug nuts. What was left was three virtually bare studs. Out of the eight that holds the wheel on. I managed to get the other 5 on and no empties two were together so we felt safe to bring the unloaded trailer home.

I'll be calling the manufacturer's rep in the morning.

The other issue is the rock would not dump. With the bed all the way up we still had to pull the gravel down with a rake and some shovels. Not sure how I will solve that one. That said, it was easier and a lot more per load even with that extra effort.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Organized some of the garage shelving. Moved some of it around to keep things more organized. Shelving units are now dedicated to product types. They started that way. But over time things get mixed up, paint on the tool shelves, etc. Now paint is with paint, cleaning supplies with cleaning supplies, etc.

Moved a broken refrigerator out of the garage. It will not be replaced. Honestly with the 2 of us, plus a tiny baby in the house, we just don't need 2 refrigerators + 2 freezers. So when the garage refrigerator died, we decided that there was no reason to fix it.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I spent the morning helping my neighbor install a pool liner at someone else's house down the road. He worked in the pool and hot tub industry for years and had a business with up to 75 employees at one point. He's now 49 and semi retired doing the odd pool job on the side. We started filling it with a simple garden hose to get a head start before the water truck delivered a large portion of water later today.

20210608_095404.jpg
20210608_103457.jpg
20210608_111902.jpg

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Went back out to the boat today. I scraped down and sand the bright work and started applying Sikkns Cetol. Its a clear coating for the wood that is tougher and easier to touch up than Varnish. Likely going to take a couple weeks of here and there to get it done.
IMG_2228.jpg

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
went and picked up another 300 'of 1-1/2" pvc to finish the spring line at the work cabin. Headed there in the morning.

Reactions: Doc

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
92(F) degrees. 76% humidity. Sunny. Pretty sure I could have cooked an egg on my helmet. So I went for a ride, thru a swamp.

EF5A0845-1F2F-4FD3-AF68-761F23F48679.jpeg

40945C47-FEE4-4BFF-9D71-47F0D70CBDD9.jpeg

DB79AB7A-4747-4340-B096-C6A38A5D74E2.jpeg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I was lifting a car jack into my pickup when it slipped and fell on my right hand. It slipped and took a four by three inch chunk of skin off the palm.

So instead of the work I planned this weekend at Hippie Ridge, I am at home nursing a scotch.

Oh well.
Maybe I can talk the wife into some sailing instead.