• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today, II

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not much.

It has been a rough week with the baby. He had high fevers on-and-off over the past several days. In the hospital emergency room twice. At the doctor's office twice. Ultimately we found out that he has Strep Throat and is allergic to penicillin. Of course they prescribed a penicillin type drug. So that added to the complications because nobody knew he was allergic to it.

Today I babysat while the lovely Mrs_Bob slept ... because she has been up with him overnight for the past few nights. I also had physical therapy late this afternoon for a knee problem and then had to go to the fencing club this evening to coach new fencers and do equipment repairs.

I did manage to stop at the post office to ship back a new pair of hiking boots to R.E.I. for a refund because they were too narrow, and also stop at the local Stihl dealer and pick up my chainsaw that was in for repairs and also snuck into the Amish bakery for some awesome cinnamon rolls and donuts to take home after my P.T. appointment.

Seems like I was busier than I was, really I mostly sat on my ass and played with a 17 month old baby.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Recovering from the last 4 weeks t work

Big Project for DOLE. Unload four 53 foot trailers full of Mandarin orange slices in cups, Overwrap with a coupon, and pack out into carton. Then stretch wrap 106 pallets and load back into four 53 foot trailers.

In this heat!

All whilst doing our regularly scheduled work. I had to fill in for my son as well as doing my own functions here. 12 hour days everyone of them.

I woke up this morning completely numb. Maybe, jus' maybe, I am too old for this crap.

olivia24

Recovering from the last 4 weeks t work

Big Project for DOLE. Unload four 53 foot trailers full of Mandarin orange slices in cups, Overwrap with a coupon, and pack out into carton. Then stretch wrap 106 pallets and load back into four 53 foot trailers.

In this heat!

All whilst doing our regularly scheduled work. I had to fill in for my son as well as doing my own functions here. 12 hour days everyone of them.

I woke up this morning completely numb. Maybe, jus' maybe, I am too old for this crap.
OMG. im 24 and a day of sitting in an office wears me out, lol

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We had a large flowerbed that was literally overrun with weeds. Hundreds of them, waist high. The flower bed is on the wrong side of the fence, in an area that is basically out of sight. We couldn't grow grass there so we turned it into a flower bed. This spring we just didn't get to it and it got out of control. I fixed that today. Filled the bed of our side by side with 3 heaping loads of weeds. Got most of them out by the roots. Now we need to replant the area, it will mostly be filled with Hosta plants as it is under shade most of the day. There are lots of perennials in the area now, but there are big open spaces. Probably need 20+ shade plants to fill the area that I weeded.

But now I'm sore.

olivia24

We had a large flowerbed that was literally overrun with weeds. Hundreds of them, waist high. The flower bed is on the wrong side of the fence, in an area that is basically out of sight. We couldn't grow grass there so we turned it into a flower bed. This spring we just didn't get to it and it got out of control. I fixed that today. Filled the bed of our side by side with 3 heaping loads of weeds. Got most of them out by the roots. Now we need to replant the area, it will mostly be filled with Hosta plants as it is under shade most of the day. There are lots of perennials in the area now, but there are big open spaces. Probably need 20+ shade plants to fill the area that I weeded.

But now I'm sore.
Dont get too mad, lol. I came home from work, checked in here for a bit, then went to the mall and got a nice skirt and top combo. Time to be pretty again!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Hope you feel better.
You are only young once. If you try hard enough one can pretty much stay that way.

From this perspective, If you can do it today, it's very likely you can do it tomorrow. So, if you want to do it tomorrow, best make a point to overcome and do it today.

My Grandpa
Irvin Rauscher

olivia24

You are only young once. If you try hard enough one can pretty much stay that way.

From this perspective, If you can do it today, it's very likely you can do it tomorrow. So, if you want to do it tomorrow, best make a point to overcome and do it today.

My Grandpa
Irvin Rauscher
Sounds great!!

olivia24

I gotta tell you, back when I was in my 20's and 30's, I used to have a cushy corporate job. A day in the office wore me out too.
Im the low girl on the totem pole in HR. I do a bit of everything, Olivia, come here, Olivia do this, Olivia go to payroll, lol. Im looking forward to be able to conduct interviews and do recruiting

olivia24

It was casual friday today and there is this really cute guy that works in another dept. I wore some really hot jeans and a very cute top so he would notice me. I hope he did!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Im the low girl on the totem pole in HR. I do a bit of everything, Olivia, come here, Olivia do this, Olivia go to payroll, lol. Im looking forward to be able to conduct interviews and do recruiting
The problem with being low on the ladder is when you look up, all you see is @sses.
I remember...; No matter how high I got, there was still another butt in my view.
It's tedious and boring.

On the other hand, you have the company of others and it's safe there. Do your job with diligence, loyalty and integrity, until your heart tells you different. And when that happens, do not be afraid to,,,,, listen.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Aleve this afternoon. Bourbon tonight.

Pain is gone.

Planning to ride motorcycles tomorrow with the lovely Mrs_Bob, maybe plant some flowers in the newly weeded flower bed. I have a graduation party to attend in the afternoon and a hug to give to a lovely young lady who used to be one of my former students and now works for the D.O.D. and has returned to town and plans to spend some time visiting with me.

olivia24

Aleve this afternoon. Bourbon tonight.

Pain is gone.

Planning to ride motorcycles tomorrow with the lovely Mrs_Bob, maybe plant some flowers in the newly weeded flower bed. I have a graduation party to attend in the afternoon and a hug to give to a lovely young lady who used to be one of my former students and now works for the D.O.D. and has returned to town and plans to spend some time visiting with me.
Im glad the pain is gone!!! Have fun with the former student. You and your wife should take her someplace nice!!

olivia24

The problem with being low on the ladder is when you look up, all you see is @sses.
I remember...; No matter how high I got, there was still another butt in my view.
It's tedious and boring.

On the other hand, you have the company of others and it's safe there. Do your job with diligence, loyalty and integrity, until your heart tells you different. And when that happens, do not be afraid to,,,,, listen.
Actually, i dont mind being the all purpose girl. I get to learn alot of new things. My dept manager says i brighten the place up with my attitude and personality. Dont worry, she is a female, lol. She is the best boss ever!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe i will find out next week.
Good luck with that but aren't you going to be strolling on a beach this weekend? Don't be thinking about next week so much, and miss an opportunity.

You never know,,,,

I met my wife on a cold Christmas afternoon because her voice came over my little brother's walkie talkie. I was sulking a breakup of a two year engagement to be married. I picked the toy radio up and asked how old she was,,,"17" ,,,,"where do you live?" turns out to be right up the street,,,

After two hours of standing in the cold with her, her cousin and my brother, her dad yelled out to "bring him in or send him home." She couldn't bring me in, because her sorta boyfriend was there playing pool with her brother. As I left, I told my brother "I'm gonna marry that girl. She said the same to her cousin

Together now 55 years.

Like I said You never know.,,,,,

olivia24

That amazing!! Yea, im going to the beach tomorrow. Lay out in the sun and just relax. In the evening maybe go out with a few friends to a really nice place we go to alot.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Franc, my wife and I got married in '85, a few years after we finished college/graduate degrees. It is amazing you and your wife have been together for 55 years. My wife hasn't killed me yet so I'm hoping we make it to 55+, eventually.

olivia24

Franc, my wife and I got married in '85, a few years after we finished college/graduate degrees. It is amazing you and your wife have been together for 55 years. My wife hasn't killed me yet so I'm hoping we make it to 55+, eventually.
Wow, yall make me a bit envious. I hope i can find a love as perfect as yours.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow, yall make me a bit envious. I hope i can find a love as perfect as yours.
It's been my experience that you don't "find" love. You have to work at it.

There is no happily ever after, there is only the arduous task of making your partner happy and hope they return the sentiment. Find the guy that proves he is looking out for YOUR better interests over his own and you may have a good chance at making it work. But never forget, it is always going to be work. Which is why you will then appreciate the the harmonious outcome.

Last edited: