• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today, II

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Dreading this crap..

FB_IMG_1643665181168.jpg

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Went to the gym this morning and then the mayor's office. I shared a lot of information with him about the human trafficking. It was well received and offered to meet with the police on the matter too. I hope it helps our community.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Took on a project of my own in the shop, too busy with not enough help sometimes. I started on it last week. Its a custom All stainless conveyor to lay bags down after filling for packaging. Still have to mount the drive/ motor and guarding. Should be in pretty good shape at the end of the week.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Took on a project of my own in the shop, too busy with not enough help sometimes. I started on it last week. Its a custom All stainless conveyor to lay bags down after filling for packaging. Still have to mount the drive/ motor and guarding. Should be in pretty good shape at the end of the week.
That Rexnord chain is expensive. But works really well in dairies and food processors.

I bought a couple of pallets of it at a closeout auction for $250. It had all kinds, and we used a lot of it over the years. Sold off some of the SS version for a grand years ago. So, we are money ahead.

30 Years ago, we built conveyors for dairies and Ralston Purina's pet and human food lines. Did serpentine conveyors using the Rexnord.
Built one for PET Inc. for cooling El Paso taco shells.

Great stuff for washdown applications.

We only use small pieces now for drag flaps on our unwind stands. I still have a huge inventory of it.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think there are two members here who could have a very long and good talk LOL!
I have seen what Franc "Plays" with personally. It would be great to get m1west and Franc together.
Lots in common I bet LOL ! :thumbup:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Moved my son's RV today. FINALLY! He is now setup in a really nice RV park that was totally empty. He got to choose the best spot and it is a doozy! Old trees on the west give him a nice shade in the summer. And to the east a huge farmer's grain field that stretches to the Missouri river. From that he will get nice breezes all summer.

The Club House, with showers and laundry, are only a few paces away.

The biker town of Defiance MO is a few blocks away. Restaurants, Bars, and shops all within walking distance. All of it in Wine country.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
This afternoon, I had a knock down of sorts with the powers that be in the nursing department.
Storms coming, can you work?
Yes, we ALL know the snow is coming, yes we ALL know it's going to be bad.
NO, I am not available Wednesday or Thursday.
I'll be there tomorrow and Saturday.
Last time I worked during a Snowzilla,I got stuck for almost 24 hours.
I don't care if I live close.

J.J. McDaniels

I never post anything personal about myself on any forum I’m on but I’ve just got to get something off my chest that’s been gnawing at me more and more as of late. Late last year, my 67 year old dad was diagnosed with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy which is a thickening of the heart muscle. I did a little research into it and I think he told me one of the causes of alcohol and he drinks EVERYDAY. Just beer and he has zero motivation to do anything anymore but I can say nothing to him about it anymore than my siblings can because if we do - he’ll just get pissed.

And don’t get me wrong, I know he’s depressed and he has been ever since we lost my mom a few years back but I’m totally at a loss on what to even do or how to proceed. He’s really the only family I have left. My younger brother was adopted and I have a step sister and an older sister I never see.

I’ve done my best to hold him up and lift his spirits but what can I do? I hate this but it’s like he won’t listen to reason. And it’s just frustrating because I feel powerless.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Two Semi loads of corn sitting in a yard await me in the morning. 10 loads from 2 bins to haul in.
Drink Busch beer, and maybe some of my corn LOL!
Most of it ends up being processed into brewers' grits, and then goes by rail from here to St Louis.
Tomorow It will be in the upper 30"s but after that back in the deep freeze...

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I never post anything personal about myself on any forum I’m on but I’ve just got to get something off my chest that’s been gnawing at me more and more as of late. Late last year, my 67 year old dad was diagnosed with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy which is a thickening of the heart muscle. I did a little research into it and I think he told me one of the causes of alcohol and he drinks EVERYDAY. Just beer and he has zero motivation to do anything anymore but I can say nothing to him about it anymore than my siblings can because if we do - he’ll just get pissed.

And don’t get me wrong, I know he’s depressed and he has been ever since we lost my mom a few years back but I’m totally at a loss on what to even do or how to proceed. He’s really the only family I have left. My younger brother was adopted and I have a step sister and an older sister I never see.

I’ve done my best to hold him up and lift his spirits but what can I do? I hate this but it’s like he won’t listen to reason. And it’s just frustrating because I feel powerless.
He's not going to listen to reason as long as he's on the sauce.
You need to get serious with him and tell him he's going to die if he doesn't get treatment.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

From what I think I know he has to forgive....
himself, and everyone he ever held a grudge against hopefully.
Most of all he has to forgive his maker. He wonders why did God take her, not me? Part of grieving is anger, and some never get over that.
If you can some how make him understand that drinking will never answer the question why. It changes nothing..
I pray for you, that you might some how let him see...

J.J. McDaniels

From what I think I know he has to forgive....
himself, and everyone he ever held a grudge against hopefully.
Most of all he has to forgive his maker. He wonders why did God take her, not me? Part of grieving is anger, and some never get over that.
If you can some how make him understand that drinking will never answer the question why. It changes nothing..
I pray for you, that you might some how let him see...
Thanks. And there’s no doubt in my mind that’s what he’s been thinking. They were together for almost 40 years and that’s joust something you just really never get over. We lost her to a very rare form of cancer. Peritoneal. It lines the walls of the stomach and it’s undetectable until the late stages. He’s gotten better but this is something none of us have ever really gotten over.

Last edited:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Weatherman says we are in line about 15" of snow starting LATE today. I'm pretty much ready for it but I need get a couple back up cans of diesel fuel. Generator was serviced recently. So other than a little low on fuel for the tractor. Yesterday I picked up some milk and fruit for the baby and some wine for the wife. Its all good here!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
This afternoon, I had a knock down of sorts with the powers that be in the nursing department.
Storms coming, can you work?
Yes, we ALL know the snow is coming, yes we ALL know it's going to be bad.
NO, I am not available Wednesday or Thursday.
I'll be there tomorrow and Saturday.
Last time I worked during a Snowzilla,I got stuck for almost 24 hours.
I don't care if I live close.
Okay Girl

Your rebellious act of independence designates you as "officially ready to retire."

Welcome to the world of Professional Procrastinating Antagonism. :clap:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

Some nonsense going on here. The condition of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is not necessarily fatal. I know because I have it. Three of my brothers have it. One of them did have a cardiac arrest as he was teaching class. His students saved him with electric shocks.

The condition is hereditary. So get yourself checked. A simple Ultrasound will show it.

It can be fatal if the wall thickens, and the nerves are damaged. So yes, diet, smoking and booze can worsen the susceptibility to cardiac arrest. So can obesity and sedentary living.

I'm 74 with the anatomy of a much younger man. Not luck. I work and exercise HARD. It doesn't improve one's looks. Still ugly. But vibrant.

Good luck with the old man. They can be fatally stubborn.

J.J. McDaniels

Good luck with the old man. They can be fatally stubborn.
He's VERY stubborn and currently unmotivated. And there have been times he hasn't left his house in weeks at a time. All he'll do is sit in his recliner, watch Westerns, drink and order food. I told him that I plan to do better for myself this year and he is himself but he's still doing the same thing he's always done ever since she passed. She told him that she wanted everyone to 'Keep on living and not curl up into a ball and die with her' but I'm at a total loss on how to proceed.

As I've said, he'll get pissed if we call out his behavior on his drinking. It's just beer, thankfully but he drinks a lot of it. He can't do the hard stuff. I can and I can walk away. So can my brother. He just needs to get back to the doctor to consider a list of options on where to proceed. I'd like to have him around for a very long time to come and it just sucks seeing him or anyone like this.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
He's VERY stubborn and currently unmotivated. And there have been times he hasn't left his house in weeks at a time. All he'll do is sit in his recliner, watch Westerns, drink and order food. I told him that I plan to do better for myself this year and he is himself but he's still doing the same thing he's always done ever since she passed. She told him that she wanted everyone to 'Keep on living and not curl up into a ball and die with her' but I'm at a total loss on how to proceed.

As I've said, he'll get pissed if we call out his behavior on his drinking. It's just beer, thankfully but he drinks a lot of it. He can't do the hard stuff. I can and I can walk away. So can my brother. He just needs to get back to the doctor to consider a list of options on where to proceed. I'd like to have him around for a very long time to come and it just sucks seeing him or anyone like this.
Obesity is a big issue with HCM.
It's just beer?????
Beer is just liquid bread.
I know. I have made both from the same ingredients.
Obesity is his worst enemy.

What you are telling him is about calories. What he hears you complain about his drinking. What can come of that?

Being stubborn is part and parcel of being old. Mostly because we are fighting the reality of no longer having control of our own lives. Worst thing we want to hear is advice from our own kids. I know, Weird.

Both of my brothers, who have the condition, were obese. Both have had to lose significant weight to survive. I'm lucky. Back when Health class was about health, and not so much about sex, I paid attention. I have never been obese.

Once, when I was getting an my annual physical, the doctor suggested I was an inch short for my weight. Nothing I could do about that. So, I dropped 10 lbs.

Last edited:

J.J. McDaniels

It's just beer?????
As far as I know, yes. Both of his parents were alcoholics, and it wasn't limited to beer. He can't stand it. He did manage to kick the habit for some time (and lost weight) but he's picked right back off where he left off. And on top of that, he rarely leaves the house.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob it's only just starting here.
It's stalled out with rain earlier, as it was supposed to begin around 11 this morning.
Hopefully we won't get that much lol

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ours started over night. We got almost a foot of snow.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
You're getting the snow. We're getting the extreme cold. Yesterday was 0. Right at the freezing mark. Today...windchill of -40.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Spent the day watching our wild bird flocks enjoy the snow. I'm not even gonna shovel the drive.

It's only about 8 inches here.

We decided to close the plant today and Thursday. I don't want anyone hurt or even stuck in traffic just to get the work done. It can wait.

I have a material shipment coming in from Philly. It should come Friday. If so, I'll run in to receive it. Mo DOT should have the highways clear by then.

Split a pile of firewood today, enough for three days. So I will be found sitting by the fire with a glass of sumthin' good and smooth, or a coffee. And the wife curled up with her head in my lap making plans for Hippie Ridge.

Last edited: