• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today, II

echo

Hooked up my wife's new stereo.
The sound was low, called the people that sold it to us. He said to give it some gas,
That thing starts it's good sounds at 80 on the dial?
Ok

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Headed to the city first thing for a chiropractor appointment then came home and did another 3 hours of plowing. I've also been plowing the neighbors down the street as he does his with a small kubota backhoe which takes him 5+ hours. I can do his place in about 40 minutes with the plow truck.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Headed to the city first thing for a chiropractor appointment then came home and did another 3 hours of plowing. I've also been plowing the neighbors down the street as he does his with a small kubota backhoe which takes him 5+ hours. I can do his place in about 40 minutes with the plow truck.
I know it snows deep up there in Canada. But so deep one needs a backhoe to dig out?
Kinda scary.

echo

Yard work in between the rain drops.

Almost time for a brew (the gold bottle that is ten bucks a six pack)

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Just ventured out in the storm to drive my son to work. Did an hour of plowing when I got back. Did 50kmh in 4x4 the whole way. It's only 10km one way to work. Speed limit is 80km.

View attachment 143582
Here in St. Louis we get one of these every two or three years or so. Usually in March. Mother nature's way of saying "it ain't yet spring."

Most people have removed their snow tires and put away the snowblower.

Add to that the inevitable disasters because nobody in St. Louis knows how to drive in even a 1/2" snowfall. I was once struck three times in the same car, by the same foolish driver at the same incident. With over 20" of snow on the highway, she decided to pass me going up hill. First, she lost control and took out my driver side door. Then she passed me and did a doughnut sliding into my front grill. I bounced to the left as she came sliding down the hill into my passenger door.

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I understand. My built in alarm goes off at 5:30 every morning. Lol. By supper time I'm beat.

Not much on the agenda today as it's a balmy -26 Celsius but it's supposed to warm up this afternoon. Half the kids have the day off school as it's the start of exams. It's my oldest son's birthday today. He's officially an adult now. This getting old thing sucks.

We're supposed to be getting my wife's vehicle back from the body shop today. So I'll have to return the rental at some point. We didn't really need it this week with having three other vehicles to choose from but it was included in the insurance coverage. So why not? Lol. A fully loaded dodge Durango rt was a nice comparison to our Ford Expedition. The Durango sits lower and has a more car-like feel to it but same size and seating as ours. Towing capacity is only 500lbs less than the Expedition. But what a gas guzzler that hemi is.

J.J. McDaniels

I understand. My built in alarm goes off at 5:30 every morning.
Mine went off at 3, 4 and finally 5 before I rolled out of bed. At that point I thought, 'What the hell' and got up anyway and put on a pot of slow cooker chili for today. It's currently 26 outside and it's not going to improve much.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I understand. My built in alarm goes off at 5:30 every morning. Lol. By supper time I'm beat.

Not much on the agenda today as it's a balmy -26 Celsius but it's supposed to warm up this afternoon. Half the kids have the day off school as it's the start of exams. It's my oldest son's birthday today. He's officially an adult now. This getting old thing sucks.

We're supposed to be getting my wife's vehicle back from the body shop today. So I'll have to return the rental at some point. We didn't really need it this week with having three other vehicles to choose from but it was included in the insurance coverage. So why not? Lol. A fully loaded dodge Durango rt was a nice comparison to our Ford Expedition. The Durango sits lower and has a more car-like feel to it but same size and seating as ours. Towing capacity is only 500lbs less than the Expedition. But what a gas guzzler that hemi is.
We must be related. I've had a built-in wake-up call at 5:30 since my teens.

However, working two and three jobs at the same time, I had learned to go to sleep anytime I had the chance. So, I can usually go back to bed and sleep another few hours. Nice on Saturdays.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I wish I could go back to sleep. Lol. My back is usually what wakes me up at that time. Then it's a case of taking my morning meds waiting for them to kick in to get some relief which takes about 2 hours.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
When I was a fulltime firefighter/paramedic, we used to do three things.
Eat, sleep, and stay up all night meeting people on the worst day of their lives. You get use to putting pain, physical and mental, out of your mind or you get no sleep at all.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
When I was a fulltime firefighter/paramedic, we used to do three things.
Eat, sleep, and stay up all night meeting people on the worst day of their lives. You get use to putting pain, physical and mental, out of your mind or you get no sleep at all.

I do that throughout every day. Otherwise I'd go crazy. I figure if I'm able to stand more than a couple minutes without collapsing in pain then I can work through everything else and just plug away at stuff. Some days that could mean cutting and splitting a cord of wood. Other days that could mean struggling to shovel 10 ft of sidewalk. And the bad days are struggling to make it to the bathroom from the living room without using a walker. Every day is different for me and a bad flare can take me out for a week or more.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Worked in the shop a few hours, cut firewood and put more screw in studs on the mini mini van tracks, on the plus side of 50% done with the studs

Ironman

Been there. Done that. Lmao. I took a liking to fireball lately.

A6B43724-36E3-482C-8F4A-246BBBAFD6DC.jpeg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Helped a guy load a heavy machine onto his trailer last week. He brought me a fifth of MONKEY whisky. Never had it.
Gonna try it tonight, so my torn rotator won't keep me awake.
Fallen down tipsy? I gave that up 53 years ago.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Nothing much on the agenda today other than clearing up some snow around the fire pit. Depending on the temperature, I may take out the snowmobiles for a short afternoon ride. We'll see. As much as I want to go sledding, I've been nursing a bad back for a week now and don't want to overdo it.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Got up early today made coffee and sat on the back porch watching Blue Birds on the feeders. Must be 6 of them and a flock of black-eyed Juncos on the ground. The Juncos go back to Alaska for summer, but the Blue Birds might stay. I've set five houses up for them.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I saw that too. Just kept scrolling.

I was rather busy today. Finally stopped long enough to catch my breath. I headed out at first light to pull the battery from my son's car to head to the city to pick up a new one. While there, I picked up some wood for a bookshelf for our bedroom. Then came home and lit a fire in the garage and got to work. I had to stop as I had to head back to pick up our youngest son to bring him to get a few more teeth pulled. He had 4 done last week and 2 this week (all due to crowding). He gets braces on Friday.

Here's the progress so far on the bookshelf. I still have to cut and install the backing board and stain it.

20220124_170104.jpg

PGBC

On call again from 6 am to 6 pm, so can't go anywhere, but did get in some garage time, cleaned the house, did some laundry, for some reason I am still not sure about bought a Total Gym on TSC, and between that all, took calls and images, wrote reports, and now see time has flown past quickly.
4 more hours, and I will be done being on call, so take the dog for a long walk.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I saw that too. Just kept scrolling.

I was rather busy today. Finally stopped long enough to catch my breath. I headed out at first light to pull the battery from my son's car to head to the city to pick up a new one. While there, I picked up some wood for a bookshelf for our bedroom. Then came home and lit a fire in the garage and got to work. I had to stop as I had to head back to pick up our youngest son to bring him to get a few more teeth pulled. He had 4 done last week and 2 this week (all due to crowding). He gets braces on Friday.

Here's the progress so far on the bookshelf. I still have to cut and install the backing board and stain it.

View attachment 143818

It was another frigid day outside so I lit a fire in the garage then headed to the city to pick up some dog food then came home to finish the bookcase. Somewhere in there I did a dump run which sucked with -25 temperatures and a windchill of -40.

We brought the bookcase in and loaded it mostly with my dad's Clive Cussler collection.

The second picture is one I took at the dump. I must have counted over 40 bald eagles.

20220125_162637.jpg

20220125_145514.jpg