• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today, II

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I had physio this morning (thankfully as my back has been sore enough to put me out of commission for a few days). It helped so when I got home, I was up on the roof of the older fifth wheel changing the air conditioner cover then, since it's older, I added some bracing inside where the roof was beginning to sag from excessive snow. It's all tucked away for the winter now.
20211103_125325.jpg
20211103_125907.jpg

Afterwards, I tackled the gazebo over the hot tub wrapping tarps around it for a wind/snow break in the winter as we still plan on using it.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Passing Mt. Shasta yesterday on the return trip from Wa. The pacific north west is a beautiful place. Too bad we are controlled by by a bunch of assholes, that needs to change.

Reactions: Doc

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We are PURGING the house of unnecessary clothing and items, sending them off to St Edward's Church for the charity sale. Probably 50 silk ties from when I used to wear them daily. Shoes, dress slacks, sweaters. Dishes, household items, crock pots, and old microwave, blender, etc. Figure we will have at least 1 full pick up truck worth of 'treasure' that someone else might think is something better than TRASH???

I've also finished the cutting and rough assembly of a new rolling shelving unit for the fencing club. Made it out of wood. Just got done priming it and will hopefully get it painted late this afternoon, maybe tomorrow? I can't do final assembly until I get it down to the basement in the doctor's office were the fencing club is located.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Hauling a deck I built for my son at his new residence. For now he is lining in a 35 ft RV in an RV park for semi permanent living. Gas water and electric hookups make it semi permanent. Wish we had found aPark model but his budget wouldn't allow for the $30K units we did find.

Sadly there is one on E-bay now, that would have been better, and in his price range.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Never fails franc. At least it's like that with me. I look for months to find something then settle on something else then a deal comes up that would have been perfect.

I was busy all day helping mom deal with things after dad's passing. They had an older fifth wheel to use for local trips. I sold it last week for mom. Today, I was getting the rv and car hauler ready as someone is coming for it tomorrow. Dad's 2005 gmc 2500 diesel also sold and will be gone tomorrow so I got that ready to go. Sad day. So many memories. I know they're just vehicles but every thing that sells is a part of him going.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Went to the gym this morning and then to an event where a friend of mine announced she is running for Iowa State Senator. Then to a VFW meeting this evening. The sheriff is a member and he was there. I told him about some information I have for helping homeless Veterans. He asked if I would bring some of that information to his office tomorrow, so that's on my agenda, as well as the gym in the morning.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Never fails franc. At least it's like that with me. I look for months to find something then settle on something else then a deal comes up that would have been perfect.

I was busy all day helping mom deal with things after dad's passing. They had an older fifth wheel to use for local trips. I sold it last week for mom. Today, I was getting the rv and car hauler ready as someone is coming for it tomorrow. Dad's 2005 gmc 2500 diesel also sold and will be gone tomorrow so I got that ready to go. Sad day. So many memories. I know they're just vehicles but every thing that sells is a part of him going.
My son has a Bimmer worth about $30K. He hardly drives it. I told him he should sell it and get the camper on E-Bay.

Put the rest of the money in the bank or buy some Tesla stock.

Not interested. Go figure.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I spent the afternoon dealing with dad's truck. I had already taken the plates off but mom decided that it needed an oil change for the new owners. So the plates were reinstalled and I took it down for an oil change. The new owner drove up from s ontario 17hrs to get it.

I also went with my son to pick up a motorized lift chair for mom as her hip is shot and she's been on a waiting list for a new one.

20211105_170029.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Back from three days of working on Hippie ridge. The new to me JD310 fired right up and we went to work. After clearing the overburden of grass and brush, we went deeper. Cutting about 3 inches at a time into the hillside.

Plans are for a 40 foot by 36 foot deck set in ballast rock with 8X8 bunk timbers connected by 4X4 joists. All treated lumber. 5/4 treated decking on top except where the house sits. That will be on 12 Inches of ballast limestone and one inch minus. All compacted.

So. I had to cut 12 inches down on the site. Three inches at a time.

Between the small rocks and the boulders I could not do this in one pass with an 8 foot bucket with no rippers on the nose.. So I cut the soil with a front tine roto tiller and removed three inches at a time. Four passes and I now have a level hard base on which to lay and compact the limestone.

I used the back hoe to pull up the big boulders, some weighing well over 100 lbs. And stuck in the mucky clay we call soil down there.
All together two days of hard work. One Monday we stayed over, staked out the building site, and then burned some of the ruined lumber. So sad.

My wife took pictures I hope to have available Wednesday afternoon. She was sick all weekend and plans to have a COVID test in the morning. Oh Joy!

Plans are to have the prefab building on site first of December. Then the real fun begins.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Sitting at home pinning. Under county quarantine I have no choice.
Wishing I had the energy to get something done here at home.
The kitchen addition is calling but I just can't get 'er done today.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Vaccuum cleaned all the carpet, swept the kitchen floor, and mopped it clean.
Washed the windows in the kitchen while I was at it.
Things that need done. Business will be after lunch today.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I pee'd in the yard and don't apologize for my actions.
:pee_smilie:
Looking for our first snowfall of the season to come later today.

This afternoon I'm taking a group of high school fencers to a club in western Chicago suburbs for a special event with a former Olympian and his students.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to be gross but, there is no better way to explain it.

Peeing in your yard is like inseminating your wife.

It's how men claim what is theirs.

Every morning I let our poor excuse for dog out to pee. I join her. Sha ain't mine so I miss her on purpose.

The act is so important to me that I spent over $2K and half a summer erecting a solid cedar fence so my neighbors would not be offended.

Enjoy your morning Bob.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The wife and I had a disagreement the other day about the kids. It has happened before but this time it got pretty hot. Apparently my standards are too high. Despite my planning and cooking good wholesome means which I insist we sit down and eat together, I get resistant's.

They snack on the crap they want so seldom eat all of what I prepare. Omitting the veggies is common. But sometimes they will only eat the meat. Often not the full portion.

Because they filled up on junk,

The fridge is full of uneaten meals, fresh veggies and fruit, yet they won't get any of it out, but instead scavenge for junk food or have it delivered. if I had no junk food around, they would not learn to make good choices.

No attempts to install some discipline have been allowed. Advice on proper etiquette and proper nutrition have also met with resistance.
My efforts are rejected or ignored altogether.
I'm at my wits end.

So I'm on strike for buying, preparing and cooking. Shouldn't be doing so anyways as I have COVID.

So what am I doing today? Waiting for the aftermath.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I coined this axiom phrase to a good life in high school from advice given by my mentor teacher. Francis Klasmann.

Thank you Francis for the most important lesson of my life.
In his honor I repeat,,,;
Discipline is actually and essential element of life satisfaction. A person who is well disciplined is never controlled by temptations of emotion, mind or the body.
Happiness does not come with being rich in gold and assets, but being satisfied with one's choices in life.

It is the number one rule by which I live and all others are based on it's foundation.

I just wish I was allowed to install it in my children.

Last edited:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
What I am upset about is whenever I try to impose decent standards, the wife interrupts with condescension's. It nullifies my message an de nudes my authority.

She wants them happy, I want them responsible. Responsible people are inherently happy because they have pride and self-worth. Happy kids just want more no matter how old they eventually become. Eventually, they become impossible to please in there unhappiness. Like a spoiled wife who has everything but wants to cheat to experience more. It never works out.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm recovering. Taught high school fencing practice, which was actually pretty easy, because I had 2 guests come do the hard work. Then I went to the fencing club and taught the advanced beginner class. Normal class size is about 6 to 8 students. I had 17 students in the room last night. They ran me ragged, I already achy by the time I got home last night. This morning I woke up and went straight for a prescription pain killer before my first cup of coffee. It may be a long sore day.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Picking up a new car for the Wife...
She traded a 2018 Dodge Challenger R/T plus with 38K miles for another 2018 Challenger that is a T/A 392 Hemi with only an unbelievable 1,500 actual miles. Her old car has 375 hp, and the T/A version has 485 hp.
Funny thing is her insurance bill will $260 per year cheaper on the much more powerful version. GO figure... :unsure:

echo

Had to get and new TV as the old one blew up. It cost me thirty dollars to recycle the old TV.
The new one works fine.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Spent part of the day helping mom move trailers around her property before winter then got ready for tomorrow as I'm heading out with a crew of guys to clear downed trees on snowmobile trails after a severe wind/rain/snow storm passed through the area last week. This used to be a 15ft wide trail two weeks ago. We have 220 miles of trail to clear in the next few weeks. Many are on old logging roads and should be fine but others are like this.

FB_IMG_1637266140556.jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Had to get and new TV as the old one blew up. It cost me thirty dollars to recycle the old TV.
The new one works fine.
Next time save yourself $30 and put the old TV out at the end of a stranger's driveway on garbage day :ROFLMAO: