• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Welcome New Members

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This is a new forum set up special for Introductions.
Please start a new thread and tell us a little about yourself.

Such as:
How'd you hear of ForumsForums?
What part of the world are you from?
What is your favorite color?
What pets do you have?
...and any other off the wall tidbits you feel like sharing.
Thanks,
Doc

Last edited:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
>Hello jim slagle,
>Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why not >make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our >Introductions forum.

Hello, ForumsForums and all the members. Here's a few answers.

>How'd you hear of ForumsForums?
When Bob Skurka disappeared from "that other place" I emailed him to see what happened. He sent me here and I've been lurking ever since :cool:

>What part of the world are you from?
At present, Northern Virginia, Loudoun County on 5 acres. Planning on retirement in a few months if things work out. We bought a fixer upper a little over a year ago. Not just the house either, the land was in sad shape too. There's a few pictures of the remodel of both the house and the land at our web site, http://www.theslagles.net. I'm orginally from North Texas a little town called Henrietta close to Wichita Falls.

>What is your favorite color?
You really want to start that again? There's both Green and Orange parked in the barn, a Gator, a Kubota L3400, and a Kubota T1870 lawn tractor. Then there are the mustard yellow, red, green, and rust colored attachments.

>What pets do you have?
We have 5 cocker spaniels. We show them in Conformation, Agility, and Obedience. Their website is http://www.landmarkcockers.com I'm president of the local cocker spaniel club. http://www.capitalcitycockers.org.

>...and any other off the wall tidbits you feel like sharing.
let you know if I think of anything

Jim

PS - Bob, thanks for refering me here. Really enjoy the atmosphere.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome Jim!
Good to see your color blind as far as tractors go. We do have a thread going to show pics of your tractor. I just posted a pick of my Grand L 3010.

Good luck with retirement and your fixer upper. I'm glad you decided to post and introduce yourself. Good job.

Thanks,
Doc

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
FYI, if your a regular poster here on FF you'd never know about a modification I put in place this past weekend. I think you need to know about this so that when you refer someone and they ask you about it you'll have an idea what they are talking about.

I have a program which checks to see if your a guest, a user who is unconfirmed, a user with no posts or a user without posts for the past two weeks. And it advises how to remedy each situation. :)

The excerpt in Jim's post above is from the "user with no posts message". Other sites that have used this code reported excellent results.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the reminder. I had intended to post when I first joined but I was enjoying everyone's posts so much I just forgot.

I guess I am a little color blind. I was raised with Minneapolis Moline. When I was in high school and college I spent a lot of time on a 4020. I left the 4020 and a baler setting in a field one evening and moved to Dallas around 1975. I never thought I would be on a tractor again but sometimes things just happen. I probably would have bought green since that was what I was used to but a friend was selling his B2910. I drove it and bought it on the spot. I traded it in on the 3400 a month ago. Not a thing wrong with it other than I needed something just a little bigger.

Jim

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had never owned JD, but always drewled over them. I would be green if the price had been the same or I should say closer. So then I had my eyes on the Kubota 2910. I drove it and the dealer encouraged me to drive the Grand L, it was on sale (the 3130 was already on the boats coming this way). I got the 3010 for 200 dollars more than the 2910 would have been. Awesome deal. I've been grinning ever since. ...and that JD dealer that priced his wares so high is long gone. Out of business. Things just have a way of working out, ya know?

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Welcome to Berniep..... Bernie is a fellow BX owner that I recruited from the dark side. He is adding the bucket grapple to his BX so now there will be two groping grapple BX owners here..... Welcome aboard.... :tiphat: