• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wanted Info on LMC 600 DH

76paul

Unit has a Cummins Diesel and is a hydrostatic steer. Body looks like the Spryte with the front doors that taper down. Current owner claims this machine was one of the last snowcats build by LMC. Said it was built in 1992. Would love to connect with someone who knows anything about this machine. Machine looks factory and complete. Has been sitting outside for the last 10 years or so. Curious if this cat was turn key what would be the value. I know cat prices have gone crazy that last few years and the owner know it is valuable.

Thanks guys. First time poster here but I have read through the forum and found some great info on the past.

Factory Tag shows:
Product Designation:Model 600 DH
Product P/N: Rangemaster

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
snow cat service Dan Gates, had a hydrostatic IMP about a year or three ago. same story, end of the line type build.

Hang tight, it gets pretty slow here in summer, but if you bump this post every 4-6 weeks someone will catch it and have some input. My go to LMC resource has become incapacitated and doesn't have any ability to share insight. He was a parts director for the dealers and had an amazing ability to sell a great believable story about the company. He gave me a giant bag of LMC dmc thiokol literature, I have been known to get lost in it from time to time. Maybe there is mention of a DH in there.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Unit has a Cummins Diesel and is a hydrostatic steer. Body looks like the Spryte with the front doors that taper down. Current owner claims this machine was one of the last snowcats build by LMC. Said it was built in 1992. Would love to connect with someone who knows anything about this machine. Machine looks factory and complete. Has been sitting outside for the last 10 years or so. Curious if this cat was turn key what would be the value. I know cat prices have gone crazy that last few years and the owner know it is valuable.

Thanks guys. First time poster here but I have read through the forum and found some great info on the past.

Factory Tag shows:
Product Designation:Model 600 DH
Product P/N: Rangemaster
Oh and welcome

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum!

I would reach out to the parts department at Peterson Equipment in Logan, UT. The main phone number is (435) 752-5110.

They were a long-time Thiokol/DMC/LMC dealership located not far from the factory. While they sold all of their old parts inventory a few years ago, I think they still have the production records. Before calling I would have the serial number handy, and I suspect they'll be able to look that up and give you the machine's specifics.