• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Want To Get My CFI

radiobob

Ok, here's my deal. I got an AS in Aviation Flight Tech, all I needed to do was go and take the FAA checkride for my CFI, but I had to work that day so I put it off, and well, you know how that goes. That was in 1993, haven't flown since, been kicking myself ever since for not taking that checkride. So now I've decided I'm going to do it. Just started getting into MS Flight Sim, got a lot to relearn, and some new stuff since then. My question, what do you think I'll need as far as dual time to get back up to speed, and any other considerations. Any advice anyone could offer would be appreciated.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Since 1993 the FARs have changed dramatically. You will need to spend a great deal of quality time with a qualified advanced instructor on ground work. The flying will come back to you quickly, if you have any amount of logged flight time back then.

radiobob

Yeah, I kind of figured the FAR's had changed a lot. I think they were changing as I learned them. I logged 243 hours, got commercial and instrument, FAR's were the worst thing about learning to fly.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Yeah, the rules have changed alot, good luck on you CFI!

Once you get back to the stick and rudder stuff, it will all come back quickly! The bookworm will be a tad more stressful. There is some videos you can get from King and/or other video training sources if you can't find an in person instructor!