• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Varney: Manchin standing up to Biden, Sanders and the ‘woke brigade’

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Fox Business

1.41M subscribers
FOX Business' Stuart Varney shares his thoughts on Sen. Joe Manchin challenging the Biden administration and its push for far-left policies. #FOXBusiness

Joe Manchin is welcome in my opinion to switch parties anytime........ I hope he is driven out by the Dems for not siding with them.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Manchin is one of a rare breed of Democrats who is not a hard leftist. He is generally fair. He realizes that his party’s power is temporary and the parties switch power positions on a regular basis. He is pragmatic and not as conservative on some issues as many believe but he is clearly one of the most sane politicians in Washington.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Manchin is one of a rare breed of Democrats who is not a hard leftist. He is generally fair. He realizes that his party’s power is temporary and the parties switch power positions on a regular basis. He is pragmatic and not as conservative on some issues as many believe but he is clearly one of the most sane politicians in Washington.
He is also from coal country in West Virginia.. The "Green New Deal" is not his, nor his constitutes cup of tea so to say.
I admire his courage in the face of the mob. :thumbup:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I admire him but we'll see how much backbone he really has.
Astute comment. There is no reason to believe that he is a real conservative, but is a very conservative Democrat.

He is popular in his state. He is now the KINGMAKER of the entire Democratic party and is probably more liberal than most would guess so don't expect him to jump to the GOP's side. But he is principled on some issues and is not willing to fall lockstep into the uber-liberal agenda. He is not a fiscal conservative but he believes that there should be some restraint on spending. He is a strong pro-gun supporter, probably the only one left in the DNC.