• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker SnoCat Crew Trailer

Hi All,
I’ve been lurking around as a reader and finally have something to post.
I’ve have a Tucker crew trailer that I have no snow cat to tow with so I thought it would sell it to someone who could use the thing. According to Tucker it is of 70’s vintage. I’m in the process of fixing it up for it’s next lease on life. It had 4 seats in it, and will again soon. The cracked window is already out for replacment and both front and rear window gaskets are set to be changed out at the same time. It is on skis (with runners so can handle mild side hill) and I can say it is pretty light on its feet and tows nicely. Now the price might seem high, but don’t ignore the fact this a badged Tucker trailer in really good shape of which Tucker knows of 3 and this one was a surprise! If you do your research you will find as I did and anyone else can the last one around was in horrible shape and sold for $5k in 2016. Am I high? Maybe. But here it is...
$12k

Attachments

• CE73676A-ED1F-43BA-AD24-DEB3B7D8B67F.jpeg
    CE73676A-ED1F-43BA-AD24-DEB3B7D8B67F.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 265
  • CCB8A929-791D-42B0-B9EC-D885E90DFEC8.jpeg
    CCB8A929-791D-42B0-B9EC-D885E90DFEC8.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 261
  • 56959FBC-7455-4280-9987-A50518D61570.jpeg
    56959FBC-7455-4280-9987-A50518D61570.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 253
  • EFC7CE33-D3A1-4581-A0A9-E05E38F87E44.jpeg
    EFC7CE33-D3A1-4581-A0A9-E05E38F87E44.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 255
  • 2622A55C-14DF-448D-8AC2-EBAD8307C7A1.jpeg
    2622A55C-14DF-448D-8AC2-EBAD8307C7A1.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 246
  • 868A3CD3-24D5-469A-BDE2-D56C857A0926.jpeg
    868A3CD3-24D5-469A-BDE2-D56C857A0926.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 246
  • F25C95A3-3CF6-4789-B7DF-8CEA8B6F3FE4.jpeg
    F25C95A3-3CF6-4789-B7DF-8CEA8B6F3FE4.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 252
  • 95908B7B-C21B-48D7-9352-9BC74CDACC95.jpeg
    95908B7B-C21B-48D7-9352-9BC74CDACC95.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 228
  • 67A08AF7-B947-4EC8-A61C-A9A534684339.jpeg
    67A08AF7-B947-4EC8-A61C-A9A534684339.jpeg
    65.6 KB · Views: 282
High on drugs or price? Could go either way
Not very constructive there TA. Any other suggestions? What would you sell it for if you had it in the California market? If you improve and restore it what is your time worth? If your time is less valuable than mine and your quality of work is better perhaps you would be for hire? Also, if you have a baseline or historical reference of value for these trailers that would benefit the group it would sure be more helpful than a chuckle.
Does anyone else have a point of reference that would be helpful for pricing that TA and associates might find more agreeable?
Here’s my point of reference from right here at
https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/1954-tucker-snow-cat-crew-trailer.77493/

Regards

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice to see other versions. The Tucker orange one is almost a dead ringer if not for the coverplate on the non-door side. Any inside cabin pictures put there? Any idea where the pictures were taken?
It has been years since I saved that pic, so not sure where it was originally posted. But, 90% sure it was west coast. The other picture (not saved) was of the door side. I just saved the one incase I decided to build something like it in the future. The two orange ones above almost certainly were sold together. As for price? Who knows. Some things you think are gold aren't and other things make your jaw drop. I'm thinking $6-7K is probably more in line since it's newer. I would love to have one like that, but I've got to finish my 'pulling apparatus' first.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just asked for clarification on your question.

eBay would be a great place to try and fetch that type of money. There Is and ass for every seat somewhere.

$35000 Kitten is a bargain in comparison.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The yellow one went to its new home for free as I understand.

That would be the floor comp price.

vintagebike

Pretty sure those were used at the Royal Gorge Cross County Ski Area in Soda Springs, Ca. This is the current logo. Or not.

Attachments

• E6E6D4F7-6773-4A3C-BCD3-B4EAC70ECB97.png
    E6E6D4F7-6773-4A3C-BCD3-B4EAC70ECB97.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 69

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Pretty cool 😎.

It's worth what someone is willing to pay, no?Although it sounds like it's a little out of TA's realm of possibility. But, perhaps he hasn't stopped to considered that it says Tucker on it AND it doesn't have an engine
the tucker logo was added later in life, originally, 6 were built, all were painted yellow with a blue top, they were all hooked together and towed like a snow train, they are quite heavy...and without the landing gear wheels, very difficult to move around, not one of tucker very limited better ideas. NONE every had any signage and or logos saying "tucker snow cat" and never painted orange from the factory and had NO serial numbers!

last one that sold I know of, went for $5,000.00, looked ready to use and pretty nice with all of it's original seats, about a year ago

the real value is having no engine, known as the "Nikson effect"

Last edited:
Considering Tucker was only aware of three of this style, it is great to see all of these sleds coming out of the woodwork. For those of you that have them- do you use them?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Considering Tucker was only aware of three of this style, it is great to see all of these sleds coming out of the woodwork. For those of you that have them- do you use them?
No, No, No....I own one and I do not use it, they are heavy and very difficult to load and unload, no landing gear wheels to move it around with, frankly it is just yard art...

I do use my open tucker snow cat trailers a lot and almost aways have one on the back of my cat.

unless, you live high up in the mountains and can walk out the front door to your snow cat, these enclosed passenger trailer are heavy, no landing gear wheels, and quite difficult to move and use, much less, load and unload on a trailer to take up to the mountain, frankly, they are yard art and kinda ugly at that,

fyi, all 6 still exist...

sorry I am not a cheer leader for these trailers, they were built for a single customer, no one else and or company ever bought one new...they were not a winner

sorry...

Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Not very constructive there TA. Any other suggestions? What would you sell it for if you had it in the California market? If you improve and restore it what is your time worth? If your time is less valuable than mine and your quality of work is better perhaps you would be for hire? Also, if you have a baseline or historical reference of value for these trailers that would benefit the group it would sure be more helpful than a chuckle.
Does anyone else have a point of reference that would be helpful for pricing that TA and associates might find more agreeable?
Here’s my point of reference from right here at
https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/1954-tucker-snow-cat-crew-trailer.77493/

Regards
the trailer you reference, I own it, much different construction, has landing gear wheels, about a 1/3 the weight, it also, has the stamped "tucker snow cat trailer" in the metal body, and your does not, it has the plastic logos screwed on, none, left the factory with any logos/markings on them, and without having deep knowledge of Tucker, a person would never know it was built by tucker, not even the tucker factory knew they built them till they were told they had.

I paid no where near what you think you trailer is worth, I did pay fair money for it, fyi, the top comes off quite easily and the bench seats also are removable, simply by lifting them out of the pockets they sit in, and it is a ton and half size with the walking beam landing gear wheels with dual wheels

two very different animals, and it was the only one was ever built

I am going to stick my neck and probably not be your best friend, these trailers are worth in nice useable condition maybe 3 - 5 grand, and pretty sure I am being generous, but everyone knows very well you can ask anything you think it is worth to you, I wish you good luck with finding someone to love your trailer at a price you are happy to sell it for.

I can tell you from my experience, not everything tucker is worth insane kitten money...

I own one and have first hand knowledge of these trailers

Last edited:
I was surprised at how light it was when it was moved. And yes this one is stamped too, pictured in the 6th. I don’t need friends to tell me what I want to hear, a man needs his friends to tell truths, I suppose. Again, with little to no precedence a price is hard to settle on. I am now able to set more reasonable pricing with everyone’s input, and for that matter, thank you for your’s as well.

Drifli

I was surprised at how light it was when it was moved. And yes this one is stamped too, pictured in the 6th. I don’t need friends to tell me what I want to hear, a man needs his friends to tell truths, I suppose. Again, with little to no precedence a price is hard to settle on. I am now able to set more reasonable pricing with everyone’s input, and for that matter, thank you for your’s as well.
Your sixth picture is a sticker not a stamp. HTH

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Have any of the ones you have seen had serial numbers?
The early trailers had ser. nos. Not many had the ser. no. on the trailer like this one has. The numbering system is the same as the numbers for the machines except the trailer ser. nos. had a "T" behind the number. So this one would be a 1953 year. The 236th machine/trailer built since the first recorded serial number in 1944 which was ser. no. 144001. A 420, two track machine.

Attachments

• trailer ID.jpg
    trailer ID.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 81

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Nikson Effect..... :lmao:
"Nikson Effect"

here is the lesson learned, and thus the "Nikson Effect", the frame and structure was absolutely rust free and so straight, the rubber tracks were new, and the interior very very nice, so, when you weigh the cost of fixing and or replacing these items vs the cost of an engine, I will buy a cat buy without a engine all day long, lesson learned,

I believe in the "Nikson Effect" smart purchase

fyi, finding a rust free tucker is nearly impossible...if not impossible, just ask anyone one that has and or is restoring any year of tucker.

long live the "Nikson Effect" and in the end he has a very very nice cat and dare to say worth every penny if not more then he spent...

Last edited: