• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

tucker hydro steering cooler

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Food for thought, something thats been bothering me a bit...

On my last drive on the tucker, I've found the reservoir for the steering hydro fluid to be very warm, or rather HOT, like I felt like I almost burnt myself by resting my palm on it.

So, with that said - how hot should the hydro fluid get for the steering on the Tucker (in my case 1544), or I got something hooked up wrong?

p.s. per test drive everything seemed to operate as it should have.

j farm

GOLD Site Supporter
I had an issue with overheating on the hydraulic system it would get so hot that the steering failed had to pack snow around the hydraulic tank to cool it down . It turned out to be that the steering ram was bypassing oil. I chased the problem for awhile having the pump and orbital valve rebuilt, the ram was supposed to be new but it turned out to be the culprit. Now it runs cool I’ve never put a heat gun on the reservoir but it doesn’t burn your hand to touch it anymore.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had an issue with overheating on the hydraulic system it would get so hot that the steering failed had to pack snow around the hydraulic tank to cool it down . It turned out to be that the steering ram was bypassing oil. I chased the problem for awhile having the pump and orbital valve rebuilt, the ram was supposed to be new but it turned out to be the culprit. Now it runs cool I’ve never put a heat gun on the reservoir but it doesn’t burn your hand to touch it anymore.
Might have to look into that, might be the exact reason why mine is getting hot (due to bypass)
Thanks for mentioning