• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker engine temp

Tye one on

Took my cat out for a maiden voyage this weekend and noticed the engine temp ran about 190- 200, is this high? The engine is a 318 Chrysler in a tucker 343a, seemed high to me but I am used to diesel engine that stay around 180. Thanks for any input.

spencerhenry

sounds fine to me. that actually sounds low for a diesel at 180. i put a 195 thermostat in my skidder, it runs better when it is hot. as long as the water temp is not high enough to boil the water out it is ok. plus the heater will be nice and warm.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
most of your modern engines run that hot you need the right raidator cap to keep the coolant from boiling most important if you plan to run at high altitude take what you hve now and add a couple of pounds stant makes a 205 degree thermostat you may have one the hotter t-stat will make your heater crank

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Took my cat out for a maiden voyage this weekend and noticed the engine temp ran about 190- 200, is this high? The engine is a 318 Chrysler in a tucker 343a, seemed high to me but I am used to diesel engine that stay around 180. Thanks for any input.

Yeah, your fine. It's winter and running at that temp it sounds like you have a hotter thermostat which is normal. Were you breaking trail or just going down a road?

If you get those temps while you're pushing through heavy snow, then you are really great!