• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker 222, 1957 Kitten

vintagebike

While you are still on dry land maybe try a choke circuit cleaning. Our Kitten was also hard starting when cold. The 100e Solex carb is a bit different than usual. Cleaned it up and lil' Cat started on first turn after sitting 6 months in the cold shop.

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
While you are still on dry land maybe try a choke circuit cleaning. Our Kitten was also hard starting when cold. The 100e Solex carb is a bit different than usual. Cleaned it up and lil' Cat started on first turn after sitting 6 months in the cold shop.
Did a complete carb rebuild last year. Starting much better now that I have spark plug gap. Thank you.

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Pulled the plugs again today after running the kitten around the yard, plug gaps were all good. Did add another copper washer on each of the plugs, 3 on each now, just to be safe. Starts much better and runs good.

Also replaced the lower radiator hose engine heater, it was missing the cord, this may also help starting when it gets really cold (assuming I remember to plug it in).

Also opened up the left pontoon and adjusted the clutch/brake mechanism. This is the one I had to repair last year after the welds failed. Clutch was slipping sometimes, so got it all adjusted now before the Joseph Oregon (Alpine Cat Jamboree). Should be good to go now.

Ran it around the yard, seems to work good, at least for now. We will see what we can brake on it at the Jamboree.
IMG_20220105_123149695_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220105_123251405_HDR.jpg

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Just a heads up to any kitten owners out there that may be interested. I have had a bolt that holds the alternator/generator bracket to the engine block brake off twice now. The first bolt was broken off when I purchased the machine, I removed the remnants and installed a used grade 5 bolt. I recently found that this bolt had also broken off, and just replaced it with a grade 8 bolt. We have put a lot of miles on this cat and it is a rough ride, and we don't baby it. Not sure why the bolts are braking, but thought I would pass this on so others might want to keep an eye on your bracket bolts, just in case.
IMG_20221220_144440360.jpg

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That bracket looks improvised. The stock100e bracket supports the generator differently. Maybe the heat your bracket absorbs caused expansion combined with different pulley torque on the mount plus the hammer down effect?

449D6A12-98CF-4E5E-BD31-6155920962C0.png

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
That bracket looks improvised. The stock100e bracket supports the generator differently. Maybe the heat your bracket absorbs caused expansion combined with different pulley torque on the mount plus the hammer down ef
Definitely a different bracket than what the manual shows. So, maybe this issue only applies to my Kitten. Thanks for the info!

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Built a ski rack for the kitten today, just need to paint it and it will be ready to go. Was able to use an old ski rack we had from a Ford explorer we had. The new frame to attach to the kitten uses existing holes so no holes or cat modifications were necessary. We will give it a tryout at the Alpine Cat jamboree in Joseph Oregon at the end of the month.
IMG_20230104_114643195.jpg