• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Trump Investigation.......

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I have been pondering this for a week now. Trump is in his 70's and is a savvy business man. He has had dealing with foreign governments for years, and in all that time no one, I repeat no one has ever questioned him. you would think that after all his dealings that the IRS has done many audits of him and not once has he ever been accused of illegal dealings. Many of his overseas projects had to be looked at through the state dept. and SEC, yet not once were they questioned. I'm sure our governments many agencies looked at his dealings through the years, so why is it that no one questioned his ethics until he became president?

Democrats loved him and his money when he supported them. So did the republicans. But now the elitists in congress of both parties are out to destroy him. Are they so afraid he will do what he promised and drain the swamp and stop the free ride that many in congress relish because they can line their pockets and pull the wool over the American public's eyes?

I keep reading all these articles from on-line sources about how obama, the Clinton's, and the DNC have broken laws and yet nothing comes of it, WHY? Is it because it is not true or would an investigation into them reveal that republicans were in cahoots.

Our congress no longer works for the people of this country and they are the most corrupt of any congress before them. Hopefully Trump can drain the swamp, but in order to do that he needs an attorney general who is not beholden to his party or any other party. It is time to replace Sessions with a tough, fair minded attorney who will bring down those in power..

:soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox:

rugerman

I think career politicians are attacking Trump because they are afraid that their gravy train will be severely limited if Trump does what he has promised to do. All the good old boy under the counter deals will be severely limited so not as many occasions to profit from deals with your buddies. Which will mean less political millionaires ! I would love to see it happen.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think career politicians are attacking Trump because they are afraid that their gravy train will be severely limited if Trump does what he has promised to do...

Sadly I suspect that Trump will make something like a tiny dimple, not even close to a dent, in the corrupt establishment.

We are not seeing a reduction in spending, which we need to see.

While he had done a great job with reducing bureaucratic regulations, there are still tens of thousands that should be repealed/rolled back/eliminated.

We still have centralized power in Washington. We still have departments that should be scaled back or eliminated. I will admit that he has pleasantly surprised me with some of what he accomplished but I strongly suspect that the powers that be in the House/Senate/Courts and ever powerful bureaucracies will reinstate that which he has undone shortly after he leaves power in 3 to 7 years.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Sadly I suspect that Trump will make something like a tiny dimple, not even close to a dent, in the corrupt establishment.

We are not seeing a reduction in spending, which we need to see.

While he had done a great job with reducing bureaucratic regulations, there are still tens of thousands that should be repealed/rolled back/eliminated.

We still have centralized power in Washington. We still have departments that should be scaled back or eliminated. I will admit that he has pleasantly surprised me with some of what he accomplished but I strongly suspect that the powers that be in the House/Senate/Courts and ever powerful bureaucracies will reinstate that which he has undone shortly after he leaves power in 3 to 7 years.

I agree but, first he must accumulate enough political gravity to effect these efforts. For the last year he has been fighting the headwinds of career politics.

Until the "Russian thingy" is behind him such efforts are hampered. Both parties and the media have him "in irons" It is amazing that THE Donald has managed to accomplish much of anything at all. And yet, this first year was obviously productive.

I think after the mid terms, much of what you suggest may well be possible. The GOP seems to have figured the wind on this guy and has far more money with which to campaign. The Democrats are not only short of ideas and money, they are short of decent candidates. depending on what the voters do this fall will be telling on what the President will be able to accomplish in his first term.

Whilst it is rare, it is entirely possible that, come November, they will choose wisely. If so, I do hope the chopping block is employed vigorously on the plethora of regs and programs we do not need.

Last edited:

rugerman

So far Trump has come out smelling like a rose on most that he has promised, I would not sell him short just yet, he has done what the media and long time political prognosticators have said was impossible. He has only been in office a year and he has done many great things with I hope many more to come, let’s give him a chance and hope that he can overcome all the roadblocks that are being thrown in his path. MAGA

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
The main reason I voted for Donald was the fact he is a non career politician who is financially emboldened to no one. The way I see it, at the present time, if he cannot fix things in DC, there is no one who can or is willing to.

Time will tell if he can fix things. I firmly believe he has the desire. The question is, if the deck is too stacked against him.

I must say though, things do seem well on their way after the first year. I have a feeling this tax cut is going to energize the economy in 2018 like no one can predict. If that happens, watch out. This will give Trump lots of ammo in his clip to get more things done. The Dems purposely overplayed their hand and threw all their chips in fighting this tax cut because they knew what the result would be if it passed. It was a calculated risk and they lost.

MAGA BABY MAGA

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
This tax plan is favored by only 38% of the population. I would remind all that the first Reagan tax cuts were favored by only 18% of the public.

I'm gonna suggest that is a good sign.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Asking those 72% unfavourable people would be like asking them to describe a gluon.
They had no idea what the tax plan was, nor anything about particle physics.

Polls results mean nothing anymore.

rugerman

I think that the 72% who oppose Trumps tax plan got their info from the liberal/democratic influenced media who are listening to the gloom and doom coming from the democratic side of the floor, they will not listen to any other opinion because they are so ill informed.