Header image

Trail Riding with new to me Kubota RTV

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Strangely enough I hadn't thought about buying used. I don't know why. I think it was because not everybody uses and treats their equipment like I do. I always assumed that used ones would have been rode hard and put up wet.

That one in Lindale Texas is about 12 miles from me. I think that I'll track him down and give him a call.

I tracked him down through my wife's FB account and talked to him for a few minutes. He is a small, family farm equipment sales company. There is no paperwork or manuals with the machine, just a bill of sale. We have a meeting set up for tomorrow so we'll see what happens.

I'm a complete newbie at these internet sales. Is there anything that I should be aware of or be looking out for? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
For just 27 hours I'm surprised there is no manuals. Bill of sale from previous owner? You might be able to contact him an ask why he sold. The RTV is a work machine not a true trail / mudding machine. If someone bought not realizing that I suppose they would be very disappointed.
As far as internet sales, nothing special to be worried about especially when you can meet the seller eye to eye and look at the item for sale. All the internet does is put you in touch with the seller. After that it is the standard buy sell deal. I've been buying and selling with the internet for years and never had a problem. I even purchased a truck on ebay from Houston. Had planned to fly down and get the truck but ended up having to have it shipped. I was nervous about the deal since I had not seen it up close and personal but it worked out great. Texas Direct is a dealer I'd deal with again if I can't find what I want locally.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Well Doc, I went to see it this morning and bought it. I should have it home by this week-end. I need to thank you for turning me on to it ... and saving me a healthy amount of cash by not buying "new". It may be 3-years old but it's absolutely immaculate, not a scratch on it. There's a credible story about why it's 3-years old and was only used for 27 hours but I won't bore you with it. When we were digging around underneath the seat, we found the manual, paperwork and spare keys so, all is good. I'm looking forward to getting it home and taking it for a test drive around the place. Even driving it around their place, it's a completely different class of machine from the gas powered Gator that I have at present. No comparison.

Once again, thank you my friend.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
:wow: Congrats!!!!! That is awesome. It sure looked like a sweet machine, and so close to you. It was meant to be. :D
I'm glad I could help you out on this. Timing is everything on buying stuff like this. Right place right time can save ya a few bucks. And you don't have to wait till Feb to have a machine. I'm happy for you my friend.

Like BC said, we have some awesome resources on net tractor talk for the RTV. Folks there that know everything there is to know about them and have dealt with most any issue that can come up. I've been told it is the best Kubota RTV forum on the planet. :D