• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Today's rant.

MNwr786

As we go cross-eyed looking for opinions to bash on social media with this flawed idea that our opinions will in some way impress others, consider this.
I am not impressed by hateful attempts to gain social acceptance, and quite honestly, i doubt anyone is. Nor am I going to think, "hey, this guy is the coolest person ever" just for making a good point. So while you destroy friendships and widen the divide, take the time in that comment section to explain why you think something instead of just ranting about what you think and telling the other person how wrong they are. See the endgame and tell me this... At what point do you think you will convince the whole world to think like you? If people you disagree with should not be allowed an opinion, why should you? Accept the diversity in people and opinion and put your energy toward working together regardless of what makes you different. If the engine don't mate up with the transmission, you don't scrap both. You get an adapter kit. If a persons pursuit of happiness involves making other peoples lives suck, take the steering wheel off your back and let them drive their own kind around. Most everyone can agree that racism is bad, right? What causes racism? Differences in culture and thus political opinion. Everyone says "stop racism" but nobody wants to stop hating people for the reasons racism became a thing.
doh.gif

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
As we go cross-eyed looking for opinions to bash on social media with this flawed idea that our opinions will in some way impress others, consider this.
I am not impressed by hateful attempts to gain social acceptance, and quite honestly, i doubt anyone is. Nor am I going to think, "hey, this guy is the coolest person ever" just for making a good point. So while you destroy friendships and widen the divide, take the time in that comment section to explain why you think something instead of just ranting about what you think and telling the other person how wrong they are. See the endgame and tell me this... At what point do you think you will convince the whole world to think like you? If people you disagree with should not be allowed an opinion, why should you? Accept the diversity in people and opinion and put your energy toward working together regardless of what makes you different. If the engine don't mate up with the transmission, you don't scrap both. You get an adapter kit. If a persons pursuit of happiness involves making other peoples lives suck, take the steering wheel off your back and let them drive their own kind around. Most everyone can agree that racism is bad, right? What causes racism? Differences in culture and thus political opinion. Everyone says "stop racism" but nobody wants to stop hating people for the reasons racism became a thing.
View attachment 133713
I think racism is becoming a thing because in the passed immigrants melted into society and became like there neighbors. Now not so much. Example: a couple years ago a Hispanic family moved into a rental home in my area. Everyone is on 5 acres so the homes are spread out but within a month all the folks that lived anywhere near the property were livid. Almost every night they played cultural music outside until midnight so loud if I went outside at night I could hear it and I am more than a 1/2 mile from there. There kids and animals had no respect for the property of others, junk everywhere with people coming all hours. Now the folks that were mad at them, are they racist? Or was the minority family disrespectful of others? Where they came from that behavior may be normal, I don't know but I can tell you I would not want to live next door to it. Oh and before someone thinks I'm a racist, I am married to a Chinese woman, I just won't take disrespect from anyone.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Racism has nothing to do with that situation M1west. Anyone who moves into a new neighborhood and acts like that is going to have issues. The skin color has nothing to do with the upset neighbors.
Imagine for a second that it had been a black woman killed in that riot / protest at the capital. News media would be calling the police racist. The media works to divide us. Most people I know and deal with could care less about the color of ones skin. It's how you treat others that will get the reaction.

I would disagree (if I understand the OP's point) that people want to hate others. I do not see that. I see the media report stories differently when a person of color is hurt or murdered or if they are leading a BLM protest. If white folks do the same thing media reports it differently. I do believe our MSM is racist and want us all to be divided by race and by rich vs poor.