• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

This is why gas is pushing $3 gal again

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Exxon chief made $144,573 per day: report

By Greg Robb, MarketWatch
Last Update: 12:07 PM ET Apr 15, 2006

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- Lee Raymond, the chairman and chief executive officer of Exxon Mobil Corp., earned $144,573 for each day of the 13 years he served at the top of the oil company, according to a report in Saturday's New York Times.
Raymond, who retired from Exxon in December, received more than $686 million from 1993 to 2005, according to an analysis done for the paper by an independent compensation consultant.
Raymond received more that $400 million in the final year of his contract.
Shareholder activists, consumer groups and corporate governance experts were taken aback by the details of the package.
Raymond declines to comment for the report.
Charles Elson, director of the John L. Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance at the University of Delaware said Raymond received "entrepreneurial returns for managerial conduct."
"Exxon was there long before Mr. Raymond was there and will be there long after he leaves. Yet he received Rockefeller returns without taking the Rockefeller risk," Elson said.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
This is why gas is pushing $3 gal again ???????????

The answer................

Exxon chief made $144,573 per day

Doesn't take a genius to figure this out........

Ricochet

Isn't it interesting that all the big oil companies are making record profits and we are still paying higher than normal gas prices at the pump. Global supply and demand plays a lot into it, but the oil companies are still doing rather well considering.

It must be nice to be a big fat cat CEO of any big comapny these days. I don't see how they can justify the crazy high salaries, stock options, perks...etc. they get and the common folks that make those companies run get very little of this pie and usually the first to take a cut in pay or get laid off during bad times (for example see airlines). In other words, do CEO's and the like really deserve the money they make???

Gatorboy

Junkman said:
Exxon chief made $144,573 per day

That's less than half of what Shaquille O'Neal gets per basketball game. I think the Exxon CEO needs to ask for a raise.

Ricochet

Gatorboy said:
That's less than half of what Shaquille O'Neal gets per basketball game. I think the Exxon CEO needs to ask for a raise.

Another good example of overpaid people (athletes) IMO.

Oops, I just noticed I'm getting off topic. Well, I guess this could be in both this forum and the debate forum. :eek:

JimR

Charter Member
Screw the oil companies, high paid atheletes and movie stars who think they are worth their weight in gold. Someday this country will revolt and the rich will have no place to hide.