• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

This is the idea I have

Delrae

In case of an emergency, you should have the Police number, the Fire Department Number, The Ambulance Number, and the Emergency Prepardness number that has the beep. Also 911 number out and know you can use these in any emergency.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
i remember when kitchen phones (phones on the wall, ususally in the kitchen, i call em kitchen phoens lol) uses to have on the contact card a spot for all of those numbers. would have police, fire, and hospital. welcome to ff, btw!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
In case of an emergency, you should have the Police number, the Fire Department Number, The Ambulance Number, and the Emergency Prepardness number that has the beep.
You forgot 1-800-DIAL-A-PRAYER.

I'm assuming in the event of an emergency, you're the type that will sit there and do nothing until someone comes and saves you.

BTW - What's the "Emergency Prepardness number that has the beep."?

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Around here if you call any number except 911 for anything even remotely related to an emergency they tell you to call 911.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
If it is REALLY urgent get out the big gun and the big truck! If and when the SHTF I am not counting on anybody but myself and maybe one neighbor.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
In case of an emergency, you should have the Police number, the Fire Department Number, The Ambulance Number, and the Emergency Prepardness number that has the beep. Also 911 number out and know you can use these in any emergency.

We had a burglar alarm go off at the house. Sheriff took 45 MINUTES to show up! Arrived by helicopter. I walked out into the driveway, they waved at me and flew away. How did they know I was even the homeowner?

Neighbor down the street had a small fire start, by the time the fire department showed up the house was a total loss.

Nope, I'm not worried about having the phone numbers written down. In case of a break in we have guns. In case of a fire we have marshmallows and long sticks. Anyone who relies on others in the time of a real emergency is doomed.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter

No disrespect but I,m not sure you know the difference Between an Emergency & Your cable going out . :whistling:

Where Prepardness in an emergency is even a concern , I wouldn,t count on having a working phone line or signal even being an option , Much less electricity to where your portable phone most likely wont work . Even if You could use them in an Emergency situation the lines & signals would most likely be tied up as well as any emergency service personel . But thats just Me .

I,d have to agree with Muleman . I only count on myself & how preparred I am . Which I,m very well prepared for Anything . :brows: . Bob

Gina

i remember when kitchen phones (phones on the wall, ususally in the kitchen, i call em kitchen phoens lol) uses to have on the contact card a spot for all of those numbers. would have police, fire, and hospital. welcome to ff, btw!

I remember that well! And they had dials, not buttons. Recently, a 10-year-old was visiting my house and found one in my garage. They wondered how to make a call on it! :yum:

OUCH!:biggrin:

jwstewar

Aren't you guys being a bit hard on Delrae?

I think I get what he/she was trying to say. I know we all know in a real emergency dial 911. I do have the numbers for the Sheriff and Highway Patrol programmed into my cell phone. I've used them a couple of times. Like the time I hit a deer, it wasn't an emergency, but I did need to report the accident. Just called the OHP directly.

BTW, there are still a few places that don't have 911 service. I just heard of one here in Ohio that was just getting ready to implement their first 911 service in the last year or so.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Aren't you guys being a bit hard on Delrae?

I think I get what he/she was trying to say. I know we all know in a real emergency dial 911. I do have the numbers for the Sheriff and Highway Patrol programmed into my cell phone. I've used them a couple of times. Like the time I hit a deer, it wasn't an emergency, but I did need to report the accident. Just called the OHP directly.

BTW, there are still a few places that don't have 911 service. I just heard of one here in Ohio that was just getting ready to implement their first 911 service in the last year or so.

agreed. lets stop the newbie bashing. doesnt make the forum seem very friendly

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
IMHO, it has nothing to do with the member being new.

I just find it deplorable that someones idea of being prepared is to have a couple phone numbers.

bill w

in alaska....if you call 911 with anything other than a house fire or shooting...they react badly....but they also react badly if you call the local troopers for anything...they don't have the time to protect and serve....must be something with the local doughnut shop...if a snowmobile is stolen they will not recover it unless it crashes into their car and they have to get out...then you are in trouble....lol...i've had two stolen...and they didn't do anything even after i found my own machine...and pointed out where the perp was....i settled it on my own and nothing has ever been stolen again....musta worked....lol..bill w