• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol Window track seals

Wyfler

My Super Imp has the dual glass sliding windows in the doors. The rubber and tracks are weathered and need replaced. After a bunch of searching I think i've found replacement gaskets. BUT I can only find the wide track in a 50' roll for 355 dollars.
Has anyone else ever replaced these? Have a better source? Or left over material?
I thought about buying the entire roll and selling off what's left for others who need to the same thing. The links are below.

1645708620346.png

PradoTDI

I wonder if this is the same rubber used on the 601 front windows; mine will need to be replaced when I restore it.

NDPilot

SUPER Site Supporter
I've replaced these two channels on my Spryte. I got them from Restoration Specialties, Windber, PA. They may have the rubber part as well.

Attachments

• IMG_20220302_125942.jpg
    IMG_20220302_125942.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 107

Craig

My Super Imp has the dual glass sliding windows in the doors. The rubber and tracks are weathered and need replaced. After a bunch of searching I think i've found replacement gaskets. BUT I can only find the wide track in a 50' roll for 355 dollars.
Has anyone else ever replaced these? Have a better source? Or left over material?
I thought about buying the entire roll and selling off what's left for others who need to the same thing. The links are below.

View attachment 145648
I have a Model 1404 Imp that also has dual glass sliding windows in the doors, so I presume I need the same materials to re-do my weatherstripping on both doors. Let me know if you bought the whole roll and want to sell me what I need for mine.

Idaho IMP

View attachment 145648
I realize this is an older thread. I’m in the same boat with my new-to-me IMP. Did you or anyone have any luck finding all the gaskets needed for the sliding door windows? my glass is in decent shape but the rubber parts are pretty shot. I may be able to salvage the main window mounting gasket, the double wide one but will need the separator strip etc. that fits between the fixed and operable pieces. Any responses appreciated!

Craig

I ordered the flexible channels from DK Hardware (10G Flexible 72" Channel for 1950-1962 Chevy and GMC Trucks without Framed Glass
Tray Item #:10G72) and it looks like they fit. I have been hoping to salvage the main gaskets but so far haven't figured out how to install all the parts. I'm planning to take it all to a local glass shop and have them install. Does anyone know if there some way to remove the doors so I don't have to trailer the whole rig to the shop?