• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol 601 door hold open.

wesley

:hammer:Before I acquired my 601 I had several M29 Weasels. One of the things I liked about the weasel was having it open like a jeep with the top down. There have been many times, while operating my 601, when the weather was temperate that I wanted more than just that little door window open. Leaving the door open was nice but there was no way of securing so it wasn't flapping back an forth. Then I came up with this idea. I used an angle iron I bought a Menards for $3.00. I used a bench grinder to shorten up one side and round off the sharp corners. I then used a hand grinder to cut a notch. The door handle swings down and catches the notch. Works great and looks like original equipment.

Attachments

• 101_4053.jpg
    101_4053.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 172
  • 101_4061.jpg
    101_4061.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 173
  • 101_4054.jpg
    101_4054.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 172

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
great Idea, I had a rubber bungey cord on my 601, it really stressed my shoulder to try to unhook it while being too stubborn to get out and unlatch it.